Predator visual/audio update?

Is there ever going to be an update to this weapons effects and sound?

The footprints last like 1/4 the time of my other legendary footprints and are barely visible on most grounds...downright invisible on some.

The draw effect is barely noticeable compared to other legends.

The aura it gives is alright, it's barely noticeable and is a joke compared to alot of others like Bolt, Incin etc....

The shot effect is nothing, it looks just like a normal projectile.

Finally, the sound effect. This is where it could have really set itself apart. A loud intimidating bolt action rifle is what it should have been. Instead we get this dumb laser gun sound coming out of this molten fire and steel rifle.

Model wise, it's one of the cooler looking legends...this is the one area they did it justice.

Anyone else feel this way? It's one of my favorite looking legends with regard to its model, but it's effects are all hardly noticeable compared to others, and its sound design is a joke. I wish they would make a pass on this weapon to redo these things. I literally hate using my legend because of the dumb pew pew sound design.

The sound is atrocious and iirc they were going to change it at one point but then decided they didn't want to annoy people when spent Lots of time and gold crafting it so left it.

There's an option somewhere to disable the audio back to normal shots I think, but its client only and also reverts all other modified sounds.

> @"Esquilax.3491" said:

> The sound is atrocious and iirc they were going to change it at one point but then decided they didn't want to annoy people when spent Lots of time and gold crafting it so left it.

>

> There's an option somewhere to disable the audio back to normal shots I think, but its client only and also reverts all other modified sounds.

There are separate settings for your items and other people's items. It can be fully disabled or partially disabled.

So... I kind of feel like they went with some funny/comedic legendaries on the tier one and some in tier two/three. But instead of each type of weapon being over the top, they made one tier ‘normal’ and one tier ‘over the top’.

Rifle is this way with HMS Divinity and Predator.

Divinity is kind of comedic where predator is more subtle.

Predator seems to be that understated sniper kind of rifle with minimal pomp and circumstance.

> @"Funky.4861" said:

> I agree with you, but rifle is such an underused weapon i doubt it will see any updates.

I dunno, DE is thief's highest DPS for PvE and is considered one of the best WvW roamers out there. And for SPvP, Warrior rifle is still insanely high burst to catch people off guard or pub stomp your way to Plat lol.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> So... I kind of feel like they went with some funny/comedic legendaries on the tier one and some in tier two/three. But instead of each type of weapon being over the top, they made one tier ‘normal’ and one tier ‘over the top’.

>

> Rifle is this way with HMS Divinity and Predator.

>

> Divinity is kind of comedic where predator is more subtle.

>

> Predator seems to be that understated sniper kind of rifle with minimal pomp and circumstance.

Except the sound really doesn't fit with a sniper rifle. It sounds more like a blaster from star wars.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > So... I kind of feel like they went with some funny/comedic legendaries on the tier one and some in tier two/three. But instead of each type of weapon being over the top, they made one tier ‘normal’ and one tier ‘over the top’.

> >

> > Rifle is this way with HMS Divinity and Predator.

> >

> > Divinity is kind of comedic where predator is more subtle.

> >

> > Predator seems to be that understated sniper kind of rifle with minimal pomp and circumstance.

>

> Except the sound really doesn't fit with a sniper rifle. It sounds more like a blaster from star wars.

I wouldn't even mind if it was just a pew sound but it has this horrid background static noise and an echo that lasts for like a full second after the shot.