I just moved all my Ascended gear (that matched) from my Mesmer to my Elementalist. Tips?

Kylden Ar.3724

The have murdered Mesmer in pretty much all endgame activities because of whiners, so I moved it all from my Memser to my Ele. The mesmer will still be used for LS and guild missions (most map complete) but it's not worth using in Fractals or WvW anymore. I gave the old boy some temple armor cause quick and cheap.

The armor is Ascended Carrion (cause I'm cheap, and it's more survivable in WvW than Vipers), The weapons are Ascended Viper Staff and Ascended Zerker Scepter, the Trinkets are all Marauder.

What is the best way to work with that in Fractals and WvW?

Thanks!

Full zerker in fractals, keep marauder pieces for wvw zergs. For roaming you can mix in any kind of condi/heal stats with your carrion gear for condi build or use the same zerk/mara mix for power builds.

Swap stats on staff and use it in zergs. Berserker, assassin and marauder all work well.

I'd suggest getting daggers, sword and focus in celestial since they have multiple purposes and ele benefits from all stats in builds with those weapons (mostly wvw).

Check discretize and metabattle for builds.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> Full zerker in fractals, keep marauder pieces for wvw zergs. For roaming you can mix in any kind of condi/heal stats with your carrion gear for condi build or use the same zerk/mara mix for power builds.

>

> Swap stats on staff and use it in zergs. Berserker, assassin and marauder all work well.

>

> I'd suggest getting daggers, sword and focus in celestial since they have multiple purposes and ele benefits from all stats in builds with those weapons (mostly wvw).

>

> Check discretize and metabattle for builds.

Good advice. I have seen other people say Ascended Celestial Trinkets are a good match to viper/carrion weapons/armor on Ele. Would you agree? I ask this cause I have so many unused laurels and WvW badges that I can just buy them from the vendor and make no real dent in my resources.

> @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > Full zerker in fractals, keep marauder pieces for wvw zergs. For roaming you can mix in any kind of condi/heal stats with your carrion gear for condi build or use the same zerk/mara mix for power builds.

> >

> > Swap stats on staff and use it in zergs. Berserker, assassin and marauder all work well.

> >

> > I'd suggest getting daggers, sword and focus in celestial since they have multiple purposes and ele benefits from all stats in builds with those weapons (mostly wvw).

> >

> > Check discretize and metabattle for builds.

>

> Good advice. I have seen other people say Ascended Celestial Trinkets are a good match to viper/carrion weapons/armor on Ele. Would you agree? I ask this cause I have so many unused laurels and WvW badges that I can just buy them from the vendor and make no real dent in my resources.

It's solid, but only in wvw.

> Mostly where I intend to use it. Good for squad running, yes?

I am strictly a roamer, but I can tell you that full celestial is quite tanky, with solid healing, but poor damage. I suspect that more specialized stat sets would serve you better in zerg play, since you should have some support to cover whatever deficiencies your build may have.

> Mostly where I intend to use it. Good for squad running, yes?

Anything that's not full glass power or full support minstrel/magi is useless in bigger squads since you have no damage nor useful support with roaming build.

If you're not opposed to playing support, the Auramancer build is a lot of fun. I don't run full minstrels, I have some cleric/cele pieces, so while my toughness is a bit lower, I'm still quite robust and can toss out some decent damage spikes along with my CC - and none of that reduces your ability to cleanse which is one of your primary goals.

The only issue is if your group is starved of stability, since it's hard to get an overload off in the CC fest that is WvW these days.

So, after getting set up with my gear and build, played for maybe 2 hours during the last week, and then was able to be more effective, get more bags, and better support when running with [HELL] on Saturday Night Prime Time with literally 1/2 the effort, they have a LONG way to go to make mesmer balanced against the rest with the gutting they gave it.

Looks like Ele will be my new main for a while, cause it's a heck of a lot easier to play to more effect.

This is why ANet should not let troll posts decide their balance, but hey, I am no longer paying them anything for this game, so I got that going for me.

> So, after getting set up with my gear and build, played for maybe 2 hours during the last week, and then was able to be more effective, get more bags, and better support when running with [HELL] on Saturday Night Prime Time with literally 1/2 the effort, they have a LONG way to go to make mesmer balanced against the rest with the gutting they gave it.

>

> Looks like Ele will be my new main for a while, cause it's a heck of a lot easier to play to more effect.

>

> This is why ANet should not let troll posts decide their balance, but hey, I am no longer paying them anything for this game, so I got that going for me.

>

To be honest mesmer was always just a veil/cc bot which happen a couple of times per fight due to huge cooldowns so bags were always bad, effectiveness was mostly based on catching random people off tag and mantra support build back when it was used was just a bad version of tempest/scrapper of current days.

Core class mechanic is terrible for large scale fights. Class is focused on utility, but both elite specs focus on damage (which is unreliable in large scale) so you have to rely on gimmicks to be relevant (signet sharing 30 seconds of quickness during early HoT, illusion of life giving invuln during early PoF, some bugs with chrono traits dealing huge damage etc etc). Without some proper support elite spec that enhances utility that core mesmer has, the class will never be great in zergs until a new patch brings some new gimmick. No point of comparing it to classes that have been meta since core game or classes that have overloaded kits with utility that you just cant replace.