Scrapper

Stark.1350

I have always loved playing my scrapper. Has plenty of open world/dungeon builds, and a couple of WvW ones.

But, once again, is scrapper just complete trash in PvP?

I've tried various builds. Other classes seem to burst more and have more sustain. Holo seems to do everything better.

only use of scrapper is mender scrapper "support" because it deals extremely well with conditions for the whole team. pala scrapper can annoy far node all game long too and most people are eager enough to fight you 1v2 while you just troll them around. source: played scrapper to top 20 like 3 seasons ago (that was before the big balance patch).

As someone who has been in love with Scrapper since its spawning, I will say that Scrapper is just not meant for damage. People keep trying to do it and it just ain't it chief. It was meant to be a bruiser and nothing but a big, condi cleanse bruiser (if you can even call it that since as a mender's scrap your really don't do damage with your hammer since they nerfed your damage AND your vitality).

It is legit suppose to BE the CC for your team, the peel while you hope to god the rest of those dudes can make up for your lack of damage.

I think scrapper was supposed be the bruiser support type with all the AoE buffs and what not and Holo the high risk damage type, but they gave shit ton of sustain on holo and there is not reason to have scrapper if it only has durability while holo has damage and durability. I sometimes wonder if they think of the purpose of the elites specks or they just threw stuff at the wall with PoF.

Generally speaking, I think scrapper is a pretty rough go in pvp. You *can* make it work, but in my experience, it takes a lot more work and it’s virtually useless unless you focus on dps & cc (though learning these combos and rotations can be time consuming). Tanky scrappers, for example, are pretty pointless when compared to other bunkers because they do no damage, have very little party support, and die in 1v2 pretty quickly. They can be very easy to CC and nearly one shot if you know when to do it- which honestly makes it useless in my opinion. I have found some usability in zerk/demo explosives scrapper but I will warn you that If you plan to do this, you will have to put a lot more work in to be just as (or even slightly less) effective as other dps specs. The damage just really isn’t there on hammer, so if you wish to deal decent damage, I would recommend toolkit (for the damage from prybar) or grenade kit. With nades, you get pretty nice damage (though this might be nerfed soon due to holo’s usage of it as well) and can make easier to use if you use snap to target in options (though this doesn’t come without its drawbacks). Also, if you roll scrap, use hammer. It is better for the class than rifle, p/s, or p/p. I love the class to death because it allows me to play with a core-engi style rotation, but it definitely isn’t in an incredible place right now. Trash isn’t the word, but it might as well be if you don’t wish to put a lot of practice into the class to be even remotely effective.

ALIEN