Focus for my Scourge?

GW Noob.6038

I'm working on 'The Binding of Ipos' and thought that it'd look great on a Scourge...but looking at the skills available for the weapon, it doesn't look like it'll be all that useful in open-world content. Am, I missing something? Anyone have an OP open-world Scourge build that uses a focus? :P

In open world, I like the focus. It has 1200 range, generates LF, applies 5 vulnerability or chill, and can hit hard. It is a good, ranged opening attack.

Its use takes some skill and discipline but it has value in PvE on power builds or condi builds starved of LF.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> In open world, I like the focus. It has 1200 range, generates LF, applies 5 vulnerability or chill, and can hit hard. It is a good, ranged opening attack.

>

> Its use takes some skill and discipline but it has value in PvE on power builds or condi builds starved of LF.

Thanks for your post! I'll keep investigating!

Focus is bad in PvE. It's too slow. The long cast time reduces the outcome (skill 4: vulnerability, skill 5: damage) to absurdity and it's only single target.

It will always be more affective to just autoattack instead of casting a focus skill.

PvE offhand is a choice of either warhorn or torch.

The mist cavalry of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Verdarach is btw. a lot cooler than Binding of Ipos and its ugly claw, that looks like a tumor.

Necro focus is handy but a bit niche in pve; i use it as an opener whilst i'm running to get into axe range. The boonstrip is useful and u get high vuln uptime, as well as an awesome claw, purple footprints and a glowy demonic book which can stay out whilst mounted :)

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Focus is bad in PvE. It's too slow. The long cast time reduces the outcome (skill 4: vulnerability, skill 5: damage) to absurdity and it's only single target.

>

> It will always be more affective to just autoattack instead of casting a focus skill.

>

> PvE offhand is a choice of either warhorn or torch.

>

> The mist cavalry of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Verdarach is btw. a lot cooler than Binding of Ipos and its ugly claw, that looks like a tumor.

Tumor + Scourge = match made in Hell! :D

> @"Funky.4861" said:

> Necro focus is handy but a bit niche in pve; i use it as an opener whilst i'm running to get into axe range. The boonstrip is useful and u get high vuln uptime, as well as an awesome claw, purple footprints and a glowy demonic book which can stay out whilst mounted :)

I'm going to use The Binding of Ipos on my ele...but was hoping I could use it on my Scourge as well (seems like a perfect fit, visually...I guess Anet didn't see it that way).

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Focus is bad in PvE. It's too slow. The long cast time reduces the outcome (skill 4: vulnerability, skill 5: damage) to absurdity and it's only single target.

>

> It will always be more affective to just autoattack instead of casting a focus skill.

>

> PvE offhand is a choice of either warhorn or torch.

>

> The mist cavalry of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Verdarach is btw. a lot cooler than Binding of Ipos and its ugly claw, that looks like a tumor.

Well it works for condi scourge on quadim2 for pylons to generate more lifeforce and rip boons off the boss

I should elaborate that focus is kind of a niche weapon even in open world PvE. I open with it while closing a gap to melee and rarely use it again unless against bigger mobs in casual events.

It does do things the slow way but this is part of why all off-hand core weapons are at least balanced with each other. (They all frustrate me.)