[Poll] What weapon would you like to get for the next Mesmer Elite Spec?

Sodeni.6041

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> Since I seriously doubt we will get SB (even though I'd love it). I'm also casting an unofficial vote to receive both MH pistol and OH Dagger or Axe. I don't see a reason why if we get 2 weapons they have to be the same weapon honestly.

I think shortbow is a reasonable option for mesmer! Would really go well with the theme in my opinion.

The three weapons I most want are Longbow, Pistol, and Warhorn. Mesmer would make the better Arcane Archer, Pistol is needed because really, we all know why, and Warhorn to finally get that Bard/Minstrel spec.

> @ovinnik.9216 said:

> Continuity dictates that since there's a ranged GS, there should be a melee bow or rifle. Why not?

Time for Quantum Shotgun

> @crosknight.3041 said:

> would like to see a witchdoctor like elite spec that uses potions to cause hallucination. mesmer to me is all about screwing with someones mind so hallucinations seem like a good way to go. dagger seems like a good combo with a witchdoctor theme

Could be interesting, but I've gotta say, the theme feels more necromancery to me. Possibly mesmer through the eyes of necromancer. :P

Pistol wanted something ranged and powerful to go with the greatsword builds. Been wanting mainhand pistol on release that is more shutdown/interrupty although interrupts dont fit in this game too well.

Were really down to it on weapon choices here pistol fits best.

Really what I would like to see and always have wanted to see was alternate skills to use on current weapon sets (can change 1-5 into alternate skills of choice multiple options for each) that way I can tone the staff to be a better power weapon and lose some of the stuff I dont need like losing chaos storm for some kind of staff ambush remake for that slot.

I introduced one of my elite spec ideas the crystallizer in another threat.

It uses a longbow and shoots crystals that shatter on impact :) I think a longbow is more elegant and fits better to the Mesmer than a shortbow :tongue:

Could also imagine dual daggers as throwing weapon that bounces. Or like making illusions of daggers mid air so that he only sees hundreds of daggers flying to him :D

I also think message needs pistol main hand for reasons. But wouldn't like to see another pew pew single target theme :S also after 2xpacs with singlehandedly weapons I would like to see more than 2/3 new weapon skills

I would see a whip more like a utility skill, maybe one that disabled weapon skills for some time if it hits

Dagger on mesmer made Kitty think of the warlocks of Qarth in Game of Thrones, how they assassinated the Thirteen. This far our elites have required the phantasms to be kept alive for efficiency so that elite spec could utilize shatters. Like, skill 3 that hits harder for every clone present but requires stealth to be efficient and shatters illusions when used. Skill 2 would summon a clone on 3 targets (separate from normal clones) and with 2nd use, it would hit those targets hard and shatter those clones and if skill 2 wasn't used, the clones would use taunt and minor confusion on their targets until they die or skill 2 is re-used. Special mechanic would be adding a secondary skill to each shatter that summons clones to strike again 5 enemies in range with that same shatter but more powerful if mesmer is stealthed.

Auto-attack would be mainly power-based and hitting harder when flanking. Utilities would be stealth/shatter-related.

> @NeroBoron.7285 said:

> I introduced one of my elite spec ideas the crystallizer in another threat.

>

> It uses a longbow and shoots crystals that shatter on impact :) I think a longbow is more elegant and fits better to the Mesmer than a shortbow :tongue:

>

> Could also imagine dual daggers as throwing weapon that bounces. Or like making illusions of daggers mid air so that he only sees hundreds of daggers flying to him :D

>

> I also think message needs pistol main hand for reasons. But wouldn't like to see another pew pew single target theme :S also after 2xpacs with singlehandedly weapons I would like to see more than 2/3 new weapon skills

>

> I would see a whip more like a utility skill, maybe one that disabled weapon skills for some time if it hits

But I want to use the Dreamer on my Mesmer! :( Rainbow unicorns everywhere <3

Current elite specs give a condi-based mainhand melee weapon and a defensive mid-range off-hand. So I think a long-range power-based twohanded weapon would be the best bet for variety. Probably more AoE-based to differentiate it a bit more from Greatsword. To that end, I'd say Shortbow would be the way to go. Shortbow has more of a skirmisher / trickshot vibe to it which would allow for that better AoE focus over Longbow which just tends to fire in straight lines.

> @Electro.4173 said:

> Current elite specs give a condi-based mainhand melee weapon and a defensive mid-range off-hand. So I think a long-range power-based twohanded weapon would be the best bet for variety. Probably more AoE-based to differentiate it a bit more from Greatsword. To that end, I'd say Shortbow would be the way to go. Shortbow has more of a skirmisher / trickshot vibe to it which would allow for that better AoE focus over Longbow which just tends to fire in straight lines.

This is probably nitpicky, but Shortbow is a mid-range weapon in GW2, with a range of 900 on its skills. Longbow would be the longrange bow. But I agree, mesmer is currently lacking a mid-range power weapon (we have a midrange condi weapon with scepter, even though its single target it does exist), and I think shortbow could fill this role quite well.

I wanna say dagger first hammer second, mainly because I think we need something to compete with Torch off hand (wvw/pvp power) where sword just doesn’t cut it, i think of dagger offhand, it it acted like the thief (cloak and dagger and leaping phantasm like downed) would be such a good hybrid and would fill the niche Power mes needs while letting gs mirage work mid Zerg.

I like the idea of hammer but I think the other 2 hand weapons haven’t really found a meta use yet it almost all contexts (aside from one shot builds gs) like they don’t do enough. The most “optimal” builds usually pass up both 2h weapons already, I think work on those/builds that can work with them on an optimal level; then talk hammer