Rework achievement numbers

Could this be done please? I don't think it requires much effort, just change the numbers. I understand it would be weird if people got their xx500 or 1000 rewards to go below that AP, so don't decrease any AP, but some achievements/collections which require more effort than the others give absurdly low AP.

For e.g the dungeon armor/weapon collection ones give 3 THREE AP, and you need to do all paths in the dungeon for 30 days to get them. And then the bjora marches weapon collection, done in a week by casual play gives 50AP? Where is the logic behind this

Increasing the AP on these hadrer to get older achievements might also encourage some players to do that content. Because for sure I won't do dungeons for months for 3AP, but I would def consider it for 50~+ I think quite a few others think the same way

> @"Cynder.2509" said:

> They could do it like ESO. Instead of uneven achievement points they could go for points in 5er steps. I hate having an uneven achievement point count that doesn't end with either 0 or 5.

Yep, ESO did the achievement system infinitely better than gw2, they don't even have historical achis.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" Even with reward tracks it's pretty long, and 200AP for the dungeon explorer yeah, but you won't even get close with that for the 10k from each currency

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> Big problem with ESO achieves though is they are character-specific. No thanks.

>

> I'm ok with not having nice round numbers in my AP but I agree that the amounts rewarded are wildly variant from the effort required.

Yeah obviously other then that, in every other aspect it's better

I am more concerned with the 20+ achievements from the most recent chapter that are worth 0 AP each. Like, why would I even want to unlock the "special missions" since they are literally a complete and total waste of my time. Oh wait, I know, because they are going to require me to do them for some future legendary trinket which requires me to have the meta mastery that is tied to these worthless 0 point achievements. Right, now I remember! :P

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Hobby Dungeon Explorer is worth 200 AP.

> So, while collecting Armor/Weapons, you could earn a lot more AP.

> Also, you can collect the Weapons and Armor with Reward Tracks.

Except for the fact to get 1 run for TA I had to wait nearly 90 minutes to get a group together since the content is not being played by the player base in favor of other options.

> @"Delita Silverburg.8632" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Hobby Dungeon Explorer is worth 200 AP.

> > So, while collecting Armor/Weapons, you could earn a lot more AP.

> > Also, you can collect the Weapons and Armor with Reward Tracks.

>

> Except for the fact to get 1 run for TA I had to wait nearly 90 minutes to get a group together since the content is not being played by the player base in favor of other options.

I'm unsure how that supports the OP's lament. If players won't play content for 200 AP, how much AP would be needed for the Armor/Weapon collection(s)? 500? 1000?

Also, is there something besides the rewards from AP that players are seeking? If so, what is it? It seems some players don't want to do content that rewards loot, even copious amounts of loot, if there is no AP; but the only thing AP rewards is, well, loot...and very occasionally, Gems.

But, sure, more AP sounds great. Though, to be fair, I don't see a lot of players showing off the AP rewards. For the most part, any item that's somewhat easily acquired in-game seems to lose its appeal after a short time.

> I am more concerned with the 20+ achievements from the most recent chapter that are worth 0 AP each. Like, why would I even want to unlock the "special missions" since they are literally a complete and total waste of my time. Oh wait, I know, because they are going to require me to do them for some future legendary trinket which requires me to have the meta mastery that is tied to these worthless 0 point achievements. Right, now I remember! :P

You actually don't need to do the special ones for the Meta achievement.

And they give quite a lot of progress on the honor to... Tracks

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Delita Silverburg.8632" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > Hobby Dungeon Explorer is worth 200 AP.

> > > So, while collecting Armor/Weapons, you could earn a lot more AP.

> > > Also, you can collect the Weapons and Armor with Reward Tracks.

> >

> > Except for the fact to get 1 run for TA I had to wait nearly 90 minutes to get a group together since the content is not being played by the player base in favor of other options.

>

> I'm unsure how that supports the OP's lament. If players won't play content for 200 AP, how much AP would be needed for the Armor/Weapon collection(s)? 500? 1000?

>

> Also, is there something besides the rewards from AP that players are seeking? If so, what is it? It seems some players don't want to do content that rewards loot, even copious amounts of loot, if there is no AP; but the only thing AP rewards is, well, loot...and very occasionally, Gems.

>

> But, sure, more AP sounds great. Though, to be fair, I don't see a lot of players showing off the AP rewards. For the most part, any item that's somewhat easily acquired in-game seems to lose its appeal after a short time.

Achievement points are the measure used for completing achievements. My point is that getting 0 AP for completing any achievement seems pointless. (Pun 100% intended ;)) I don't care how many commendations you want to tack on to it, instead, just make the commendations a drop for completing a dynamic event. Calling it an achievement and offering no AP leaves a sour taste in my mouth. As for OP's lament, this relates in the form of why would I pillage 10 structures in each zone or kill 100 adds in each zone of DC for 0 AP?

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> Since they cannot remove achievement points and skins from player accounts, it's highly unlikely, if not impossible, to re-balance old achievement rewards. All they can do is to better balance future achievement rewards.

If you would have read my OP then you would've saw that I explicitly mentioned this issue :)

> @"KingJoko.1625" said:

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > Since they cannot remove achievement points and skins from player accounts, it's highly unlikely, if not impossible, to re-balance old achievement rewards. All they can do is to better balance future achievement rewards.

>

> If you would have read my OP then you would've saw that I explicitly mentioned this issue :)

They cannot alter the achievement points -after- someone acquires them. So if achievement A awards 10 AP and they make it so it awards 20 AP, all those that already have the achievement will stay at 10 AP. Those that will finish the new version will get 20 but everyone that already has the achievement completed will stay with 10 AP. It's not an automatic process and they will have to manually change the AP totals of every affected player for every achievement they have that will have tweaked AP totals. I'm sure they have better use of their time

> I am more concerned with the 20+ achievements from the most recent chapter that are worth 0 AP each. Like, why would I even want to unlock the "special missions" since they are literally a complete and total waste of my time.

(off-topic)

Those are trivial to unlock, just earn (or buy from TP) mission scrolls.