Can you pls

When trying to nerf and elite spec build focus on nerfing the elite

Obsidian flesh is just about to get nerfed again, i think it has been touched every patch since big patch

Why?

Because tempest is surving to much with it, same for mist form

What's the problem with that?

That hurts core ele, which is already prerty dead, more than anything else

What about nerfing overload healing or tempest traits or and utilities

I know there're cases one skill ia too strong, like the demon cc on condi rev

But that's not thw case here, nerfing these 2 skills will certainly nerf tempest, but is it the right way to nerf it

We see the same pattern in fire weaver and lightning rod

Fire weaver was so strong cuz it had high burst and high sustain, both due to sword and dual skills and some other things like ez access to stab

The nerfs related to weavers were good, but the overall burning nerfs were unnecessary

That's one of the reasons build went from op to almost unplayable

Same case with Lightning rod, you were not seeing core ele and tempests running around with oppressive LR builds, it was just weaver and its extra procs from dagger dual skills overperforming, and yet they nerf LR.

Pretty sure that's the case of many other nerfs where core takes the nerf but the thing over performing was only overperforming because of something related to an elite spec.

Before nerfing something specific you should always ask if that thing is overperforming with the other 2 specs, if the answer is no you should elsewhere for the nerfs

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> The nerfs related to weavers were good, but the overall burning nerfs were unnecessary

Well, fire weaver was able to burn someone down with condi before they even had a reasonable chance to cleanse. Burn guard now does the exact same thing ... and it still isn't being addressed. >__>

> @"SoulSlavocracy.4902" said:

> > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > The nerfs related to weavers were good, but the overall burning nerfs were unnecessary

> Well, fire weaver was able to burn someone down with condi before they even had a reasonable chance to cleanse. Burn guard now does the exact same thing ... and it still isn't being addressed. >__>

Unlikely burn guardian only weaver was doing this, while I've seen all guardians with some burning variation doing well, which prolly means the f1 is op and it's not strongly related to a specific spec like weaver

> > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > The nerfs related to weavers were good, but the overall burning nerfs were unnecessary

> Well, fire weaver was able to burn someone down with condi before they even had a reasonable chance to cleanse. Burn guard now does the exact same thing ... and it still isn't being addressed. >__>

Which is the thing that hurt the most...but I can't talk openly because of the heavy moderation but...people can guess what I may think now

There is only on constructive critique I can give after this absurd nerf to Core Ele: buff Earth Traitline. It needs reliable barrier, more protection, and easier cleanse. Many Ele's will agree Earth Traitline is one of the weakest traitlines and after mist form and Obsidian Flesh nerfs, it's about time Ele gets some compensation.

I feel bad for tempests though. They're much easier to kill than people think. You just gotta look at what Element they're in. If it's Earth, attack with condi's. Water->power damage. Air->Range + CC. Fire-> Anything. It's literally the weakest element for support and sustain.

If i'm ever fighting a tempest, I just rotate attacks until they die, or get sick of constant counters and run off. It's really not that difficult.

> Well, fire weaver was able to burn someone down with condi before they even had a reasonable chance to cleanse. Burn guard now does the exact same thing ... and it still >isn't being addressed. >__>

^this

Some top tiers play burnguard, causing instantly 5k burn damage per tick. That burnguards are currently the only ones who can kill Lord on foefire map alone

says everything. I ask myself whether devs think thats ok or they dont know that.

That has to be looked at. 5k burn each tick is a bit much to say it careful.

They just hate Ele. That's it. No sense in nerfing Weaver fire damage but not touching Burn guards. Not to mention burn weavers weren't even as OP as Grenade Holos and Condi Revenants. Both of these are untouched. In fact they completely ignored Grenade Barrage in the recent so called 'nerf' to Engineers. Its such a ridiculous thing to continuously target Ele in Spvp with OPPRESSIVE nerfs which straight up kill builds like they did to FA

Its even worse because Ele isn't exactly a brain dead play class. Even Tempests need to be amazing in their gameplay and predicting battle flow to actually make a difference. You overload water too late? the team died. You overload water too early? the team died. When do you swap into air from water? When is it safe to try fire? Overloads aren't just a button away. You need to time the entire thing. After all that effort the entire point of support tempest is to ensure the team composition with tempest on it has an edge in team fights. It's not even a make or break class. If you have a tempest on the team with no thief/roaming class chances are you'll still lose the match because its about capping/decapping and rotating. Not just winning a 4vs4 at mid.

Most of the people complaining about tempests and shocking auras/sustain are brain dead players who can't be bothered to see if the player icon has a shocking aura/magnetic aura on it. Tempest isn't even OP in terms of survival, any decent player will know NOT to use CC when a tempest is overloading, Most builds have a stability utilities, use it to counter Shocking aura it lasts for a few seconds. It's not rocket science to counter a tempest as a team. And it is completely fair for a team to have an edge in TEAM fights with a support class over a team without a support class. Otherwise its also unfair for a team composition to have a thief while the other team is using a sword dagger ele/holo/warrior to cap/decap home and far.

Anyway such a disappointing balance patch. I keep hoping to see some rework for Staff in spvp. A buff back for meteor shower or a removal of the rooted channeling maybe? Some damage buff to make it glass canon instead of a glass of nothing. But all I see is damage being nerfed because somehow Anet felt weaver condi damage is too high in PVE (LMAO. Does Anet try doing fractals and raids with condi weavers??) and OP in SPVP (stares at condi revs, grenade holos, burn guards and now even condi Thiefs doing the even more or maybe same condi damage with less complicated rotations)