We need a time of the month where we can raid pve players in a pve rich environment

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

>

> It'll be fun. Raid the instance of ppl killing jormag for example

That instance already exists (without Jormag and without the 3x loot). It is called WvW.

And you can still gank PvE-players (that are only there for the Gift of Battle).

> @"Zok.4956" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

> >

> > It'll be fun. Raid the instance of ppl killing jormag for example

>

> That instance already exists (without Jormag and without the 3x loot). It is called WvW.

> And you can still gank PvE-players (that are only there for the Gift of Battle).

>

No. Try to stay on topic :)

> > @"Zok.4956" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

> > >

> > > It'll be fun. Raid the instance of ppl killing jormag for example

> >

> > That instance already exists (without Jormag and without the 3x loot). It is called WvW.

> > And you can still gank PvE-players (that are only there for the Gift of Battle).

> >

>

> No. Try to stay on topic :)

I am, but you are not. There are very good reasons why Anet decided to make a clear split between the cooperative and competitive game modes in GW2.

WvW is the open-world PvP version in GW2. If you want to kill other players (that agreed to be killed) go to WvW and make scrims against each other. No need for open-world-bosses for your fights. Anet tried that already and it failed when they put more PvE-elements into a WvW map (in the first version of the desert borderland map).

> @"Zok.4956" said:

> > > @"Zok.4956" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

> > > >

> > > > It'll be fun. Raid the instance of ppl killing jormag for example

> > >

> > > That instance already exists (without Jormag and without the 3x loot). It is called WvW.

> > > And you can still gank PvE-players (that are only there for the Gift of Battle).

> > >

> >

> > No. Try to stay on topic :)

>

> I am, but you are not. There are very good reasons why Anet decided to make a clear split between the cooperative and competitive game modes in GW2.

>

> WvW is the open-world PvP version in GW2. If you want to kill other players (that agreed to be killed) go to WvW and make scrims against each other. No need for open-world-bosses for your fights. Anet tried that already and it failed when they put more PvE-elements into a WvW map (in the first version of the desert borderland map).

>

>

This is not the topic of the thread.

> @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> Ah yes, raid PVE maps and see a flock of PVE players waiting on their skyscales flapping over a giant chasm. To take down such a group would be even harder than solo capturing Stonemist Castle during prime time. Guess you'd have to just fight the world boss they were going to fight, but then you'd just be a playing PVE right?

I'm sure PvE players would just turn themselves into big monsters to farm more efficiently, soloing meta events like Verdant Brink bosses.

WvW players would have to go as themselves fighting the farmers instead to get some fights.

> > @"Zok.4956" said:

> > > > @"Zok.4956" said:

> > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

> > > > >

> > > > > It'll be fun. Raid the instance of ppl killing jormag for example

> > > >

> > > > That instance already exists (without Jormag and without the 3x loot). It is called WvW.

> > > > And you can still gank PvE-players (that are only there for the Gift of Battle).

> > > >

> > >

> > > No. Try to stay on topic :)

> >

> > I am, but you are not. There are very good reasons why Anet decided to make a clear split between the cooperative and competitive game modes in GW2.

> >

> > WvW is the open-world PvP version in GW2. If you want to kill other players (that agreed to be killed) go to WvW and make scrims against each other. No need for open-world-bosses for your fights. Anet tried that already and it failed when they put more PvE-elements into a WvW map (in the first version of the desert borderland map).

>

> This is not the topic of the thread.

The topic of the thread is (quote): "We need a time of the month where we can raid pve players in a pve rich environment"

I think PvP in PvE is a very bad idea for GW2 and I wrote several reasons why. Maybe you can find other games that are better suited for that.

> @"Zok.4956" said:

> > > @"Zok.4956" said:

> > > > > @"Zok.4956" said:

> > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It'll be fun. Raid the instance of ppl killing jormag for example

> > > > >

> > > > > That instance already exists (without Jormag and without the 3x loot). It is called WvW.

> > > > > And you can still gank PvE-players (that are only there for the Gift of Battle).

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > No. Try to stay on topic :)

> > >

> > > I am, but you are not. There are very good reasons why Anet decided to make a clear split between the cooperative and competitive game modes in GW2.

> > >

> > > WvW is the open-world PvP version in GW2. If you want to kill other players (that agreed to be killed) go to WvW and make scrims against each other. No need for open-world-bosses for your fights. Anet tried that already and it failed when they put more PvE-elements into a WvW map (in the first version of the desert borderland map).

> >

> > This is not the topic of the thread.

>

> The topic of the thread is (quote): "We need a time of the month where we can raid pve players in a pve rich environment"

> I think PvP in PvE is a very bad idea for GW2 and I wrote several reasons why. Maybe you can find other games that are better suited for that.

>

I respect your opinion but disagree. Yes, its perfect for pve instances. Atleast worth testing

> Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

>

> It'll be fun. Raid the instance of ppl killing jormag for example

This would never happen, but also believe it wouldnt work the way you are thinking...so basically 3 factions on the map? One PvE players, other pk players and the last one NPCs? PvE players would never run alone, would just be farming simulator for them on steroids thanks to 3 times better loot, one zerg just steam rolling everything on its way, be mobs or pk players...also what would be the ratio of players allowed on the map? 1:1? More "PvE" players then pk ones? Terrible idea that would just lead to a farming zone.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

> >

> > It'll be fun. Raid the instance of ppl killing jormag for example

>

> This would never happen, but also believe it wouldnt work the way you are thinking...so basically 3 factions on the map? One PvE players, other pk players and the last one NPCs? PvE players would never run alone, would just be farming simulator for them on steroids thanks to 3 times better loot, one zerg just steam rolling everything on its way, be mobs or pk players...also what would be the ratio of players allowed on the map? 1:1? More "PvE" players then pk ones? Terrible idea that would just lead to a farming zone.

No. Two factions. One for and against. I believe the wvw design of 3 way is faulty

Here you have your quests for the dragon and quests against the dragon therefore when you meet the enemy, your bound to fight. :3

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

> > >

> > > It'll be fun. Raid the instance of ppl killing jormag for example

> >

> > This would never happen, but also believe it wouldnt work the way you are thinking...so basically 3 factions on the map? One PvE players, other pk players and the last one NPCs? PvE players would never run alone, would just be farming simulator for them on steroids thanks to 3 times better loot, one zerg just steam rolling everything on its way, be mobs or pk players...also what would be the ratio of players allowed on the map? 1:1? More "PvE" players then pk ones? Terrible idea that would just lead to a farming zone.

>

> No. Two factions. One for and against. I believe the wvw design of 3 way is faulty

>

> Here you have your quests for the dragon and quests against the dragon therefore when you meet the enemy, your bound to fight. :3

PvE has factions within the enemy NPCs as well and could be seen fighting each other at times. How would that be handled? Also, some maps have multiple different dragon minions involved so you can't just say you're on the dragon's side. Also, couldn't the primarily PvE players also join the other side? Basically anyone could switch between PvE and WvW modes after all. Is that what you intend?

> > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > Imagine a certain instance where the loot is 3 x etc and good drops and you can pk players.

> > > >

> > > > It'll be fun. Raid the instance of ppl killing jormag for example

> > >

> > > This would never happen, but also believe it wouldnt work the way you are thinking...so basically 3 factions on the map? One PvE players, other pk players and the last one NPCs? PvE players would never run alone, would just be farming simulator for them on steroids thanks to 3 times better loot, one zerg just steam rolling everything on its way, be mobs or pk players...also what would be the ratio of players allowed on the map? 1:1? More "PvE" players then pk ones? Terrible idea that would just lead to a farming zone.

> >

> > No. Two factions. One for and against. I believe the wvw design of 3 way is faulty

> >

> > Here you have your quests for the dragon and quests against the dragon therefore when you meet the enemy, your bound to fight. :3

>

> PvE has factions within the enemy NPCs as well and could be seen fighting each other at times. How would that be handled? Also, some maps have multiple different dragon minions involved so you can't just say you're on the dragon's side. Also, couldn't the primarily PvE players also join the other side? Basically anyone could switch between PvE and WvW modes after all. Is that what you intend?

Mmm ever played starwars the old republic?

Or wow?

Of course those two games are pay to play. :/

> > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> >

> > PvE has factions within the enemy NPCs as well and could be seen fighting each other at times. How would that be handled? Also, some maps have multiple different dragon minions involved so you can't just say you're on the dragon's side. Also, couldn't the primarily PvE players also join the other side? Basically anyone could switch between PvE and WvW modes after all. Is that what you intend?

>

> Mmm ever played starwars the old republic?

>

> Or wow?

>

> Of course those two games are pay to play. :/

I have not, perhaps you could try to explain what you mean by this. And how it relates to my questions.

> > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > >

> > > PvE has factions within the enemy NPCs as well and could be seen fighting each other at times. How would that be handled? Also, some maps have multiple different dragon minions involved so you can't just say you're on the dragon's side. Also, couldn't the primarily PvE players also join the other side? Basically anyone could switch between PvE and WvW modes after all. Is that what you intend?

> >

> > Mmm ever played starwars the old republic?

> >

> > Or wow?

> >

> > Of course those two games are pay to play. :/

>

> I have not, perhaps you could try to explain what you mean by this. And how it relates to my questions.

You asked how two oppositions have quests in the same map but are enemies. This is how.

They could repurpose EOTM. I mean, as an incentive, offer a Legendary to any PVE-only guild (made up of players who ONLY play PVE - hard to do with multipe accounts, but bear with me) who can last more than 1 min against an equally-sized WvW-only guild.

Sorry, it would be a bloodbath. It would be funny though. "Boy, look at all those red circles! Hard to dodge them...hey, where'd all our boons go? How did we get so many conditions all at once? We're dead already? WTF!"

LOL.

> > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > >

> > > > PvE has factions within the enemy NPCs as well and could be seen fighting each other at times. How would that be handled? Also, some maps have multiple different dragon minions involved so you can't just say you're on the dragon's side. Also, couldn't the primarily PvE players also join the other side? Basically anyone could switch between PvE and WvW modes after all. Is that what you intend?

> > >

> > > Mmm ever played starwars the old republic?

> > >

> > > Or wow?

> > >

> > > Of course those two games are pay to play. :/

> >

> > I have not, perhaps you could try to explain what you mean by this. And how it relates to my questions.

>

> You asked how two oppositions have quests in the same map but are enemies. This is how.

Okay, so you addressed how it relates to my question but you haven't explained what starwars or wow does.

> They can still pve in the non pk instances as normal. Maybe only those who enjoy pk will risk. Anything could happen.

The rewards would have to be unreasonably high (like, economy-breakingly high) to attract PvEers to stay for any appreciable length of time. There would have to be precursors, ascended chests, and all manner of ungodly rewards to keep people there. I don't see that happening.

Sure, you can dream. Just realize that some dreams are kitten stupid.

> @"voltaicbore.8012" said:

>

> > They can still pve in the non pk instances as normal. Maybe only those who enjoy pk will risk. Anything could happen.

>

> The rewards would have to be unreasonably high (like, economy-breakingly high) to attract PvEers to stay for any appreciable length of time. There would have to be precursors, ascended chests, and all manner of ungodly rewards to keep people there. I don't see that happening.

>

> Sure, you can dream. Just realize that some dreams are kitten stupid.

You know, questionable motives aside, I think there is something that could be offered here: WvW reward track progress like for Gift of Battle!

> > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > PvE has factions within the enemy NPCs as well and could be seen fighting each other at times. How would that be handled? Also, some maps have multiple different dragon minions involved so you can't just say you're on the dragon's side. Also, couldn't the primarily PvE players also join the other side? Basically anyone could switch between PvE and WvW modes after all. Is that what you intend?

> > > >

> > > > Mmm ever played starwars the old republic?

> > > >

> > > > Or wow?

> > > >

> > > > Of course those two games are pay to play. :/

> > >

> > > I have not, perhaps you could try to explain what you mean by this. And how it relates to my questions.

> >

> > You asked how two oppositions have quests in the same map but are enemies. This is how.

>

> Okay, so you addressed how it relates to my question but you haven't explained what starwars or wow does.

Pve. You as player do quests. Get rewards. Like events and heart quests for us in gw2. Basically mmo. Except they have side a side b. Side a has their own quests side by has theirs and if you go to a place where side a owns, you can be pk. It's a territory thing.

Basically like this thread.

> > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > PvE has factions within the enemy NPCs as well and could be seen fighting each other at times. How would that be handled? Also, some maps have multiple different dragon minions involved so you can't just say you're on the dragon's side. Also, couldn't the primarily PvE players also join the other side? Basically anyone could switch between PvE and WvW modes after all. Is that what you intend?

> > > > >

> > > > > Mmm ever played starwars the old republic?

> > > > >

> > > > > Or wow?

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course those two games are pay to play. :/

> > > >

> > > > I have not, perhaps you could try to explain what you mean by this. And how it relates to my questions.

> > >

> > > You asked how two oppositions have quests in the same map but are enemies. This is how.

> >

> > Okay, so you addressed how it relates to my question but you haven't explained what starwars or wow does.

>

> Pve. You as player do quests. Get rewards. Like events and heart quests for us in gw2. Basically mmo. Except they have side a side b. Side a has their own quests side by has theirs and if you go to a place where side a owns, you can be pk. It's a territory thing.

>

> Basically like this thread.

Well then what about side C? I'll bring up the Desolation map for a moment, there are the players, then there's the awakened, and then there's the forged. All 3 are hostile to each other so 3 sides right there. All 3 are even involved in a meta event so it's not an issue to be dismissed.

I was looking for something that would explain how this 3+ faction interaction could be done.