Need some data for theorycrafting, Post Patch.

ThatOtherAlt.2984

Hey there,

Some of you know, I'm currently unable to play due to hardware issues that I'm working on resolving. That being said I can still theorycraft.

I would like to get some feedback about the Chrono changes, to see if I can make a workable build.

I'm looking at a Hybrid Chrono, likely with some sacrifices to build armor to around the 2500 mark (25% dmg reduction). I'm looking at sw/sh - sc/p combo. The thought process behind it being that with the loss of distortion, shield becomes borderline mandatory in trying to offset the loss of survivability. Without further adieu:

How reliable is the shield phant in terms of hitting? Last time I was playing Chrono, it was usable but that was pre-chrono genocide.

If you chain rotate sw2, sc2, sh4 (twice, or more looking at some possible interractions with a 6 sec CSplit), has anyone done an average iframes per 30 secs?

The f3 daze reduction is actually a buff if you plan on capitalizing "on interrupt" stuff, as it punishes twitchy heal spammers.

How exactly does the interaction with the new f1 work? Does the 2nd hit appear out of thin air for every clone shattered or what? What if a target was hit but then moved 150 units in the 1 sec delay?

Thanks a lot for any and all input.

Shield phantasm is still pretty good, as far as I noticed it mostly hits.

> @"ThatOtherAlt.2984" said:

> How exactly does the interaction with the new f1 work? Does the 2nd hit appear out of thin air for every clone shattered or what? What if a target was hit but then moved 150 units in the 1 sec delay?

It generates an extremely visible stationary purple clock effect (I think it has a sound too) on the clone's position when it shattered. The clock explodes after 1s delay. It's dodgeable, blockable and I think you can walk away from it with swiftness.

> @"ThatOtherAlt.2984" said:

> Hey there,

>

> Some of you know, I'm currently unable to play due to hardware issues that I'm working on resolving. That being said I can still theorycraft.

> I would like to get some feedback about the Chrono changes, to see if I can make a workable build.

> I'm looking at a Hybrid Chrono, likely with some sacrifices to build armor to around the 2500 mark (25% dmg reduction). I'm looking at sw/sh - sc/p combo. The thought process behind it being that with the loss of distortion, shield becomes borderline mandatory in trying to offset the loss of survivability. Without further adieu:

> How reliable is the shield phant in terms of hitting? Last time I was playing Chrono, it was usable but that was pre-chrono genocide.

> If you chain rotate sw2, sc2, sh4 (twice, or more looking at some possible interractions with a 6 sec CSplit), has anyone done an average iframes per 30 secs?

> The f3 daze reduction is actually a buff if you plan on capitalizing "on interrupt" stuff, as it punishes twitchy heal spammers.

> How exactly does the interaction with the new f1 work? Does the 2nd hit appear out of thin air for every clone shattered or what? What if a target was hit but then moved 150 units in the 1 sec delay?

>

> Thanks a lot for any and all input.

I Will try to explain everything.

1 During csplit you dont need to worry about power hits, only condi. blink during csplit will keep you safer then all the dodges and blocks in the world.

2 Shield phantasm hits the target reliably, but its still squishy with 3,4k hp. It dies ALOT, expecially since people throw away at you at the end of the block to catch you and it kills the phantasm that spawns there as a bonus, AND dodge makes it not spawn...

3 I doubt you can make chrono with 2500 toughness and still have decent offensive tools

4 I have tried sword/x + scepter/shield X -> being another sword and pistol

The main problem I have with chrono RN is that it relies on phantasms and illusions MUCH more then other mesmer builds, their combat style is much slower.

and phantasms AND clones die before you reach your gr8 finale.

5 Every illu shatter ( and yourself ) leaves some purle cloak like thingy that explodes after 1s. you can lave the area even when crippled, the only way to land it is stun/immob or afk enemy

> @"Leonidrex.5649" said:

> > @"ThatOtherAlt.2984" said:

> > Hey there,

> >

> > Some of you know, I'm currently unable to play due to hardware issues that I'm working on resolving. That being said I can still theorycraft.

> > I would like to get some feedback about the Chrono changes, to see if I can make a workable build.

> > I'm looking at a Hybrid Chrono, likely with some sacrifices to build armor to around the 2500 mark (25% dmg reduction). I'm looking at sw/sh - sc/p combo. The thought process behind it being that with the loss of distortion, shield becomes borderline mandatory in trying to offset the loss of survivability. Without further adieu:

> > How reliable is the shield phant in terms of hitting? Last time I was playing Chrono, it was usable but that was pre-chrono genocide.

> > If you chain rotate sw2, sc2, sh4 (twice, or more looking at some possible interractions with a 6 sec CSplit), has anyone done an average iframes per 30 secs?

> > The f3 daze reduction is actually a buff if you plan on capitalizing "on interrupt" stuff, as it punishes twitchy heal spammers.

> > How exactly does the interaction with the new f1 work? Does the 2nd hit appear out of thin air for every clone shattered or what? What if a target was hit but then moved 150 units in the 1 sec delay?

> >

> > Thanks a lot for any and all input.

>

> I Will try to explain everything.

> 1 During csplit you dont need to worry about power hits, only condi. blink during csplit will keep you safer then all the dodges and blocks in the world.

> 2 Shield phantasm hits the target reliably, but its still squishy with 3,4k hp. It dies ALOT, expecially since people throw away at you at the end of the block to catch you and it kills the phantasm that spawns there as a bonus, AND dodge makes it not spawn...

> 3 I doubt you can make chrono with 2500 toughness and still have decent offensive tools

> 4 I have tried sword/x + scepter/shield X -> being another sword and pistol

> The main problem I have with chrono RN is that it relies on phantasms and illusions MUCH more then other mesmer builds, their combat style is much slower.

> and phantasms AND clones die before you reach your gr8 finale.

> 5 Every illu shatter ( and yourself ) leaves some purle cloak like thingy that explodes after 1s. you can lave the area even when crippled, the only way to land it is stun/immob or afk enemy

Well that is disappointing, to say the least. Thanks for the info.

@"Leonidrex.5649" You kids keep forgetting about Celestial. Think Core Ele of old, but Mesmer edition.

You gotta keep in mind, ANET brainwashed everyone into instinctively thinking Cele is trash because of a huge PvP nerf aimed at tuning Ele aka the roaming Gods of the world, in any game mode.

But Cele isn't nearly as bad as they want you to think.