Persisting Flame: Make it like "Symbolic Avenger"

Euclid.2517

> Persisting Flames: This trait no longer grants fury when using a blast finisher with a fire combo field. Instead, this trait will now grant the elementalist an additional 1% damage for 15 seconds for each target struck with a fire field. This effect stacks up to 10 times.

Just tested on golem. If you use the power weaver "bolt to the heart" variant ([https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/elementalist/weaver/power/](https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/elementalist/weaver/power/)), I cannot maintain 10 stacks **even on a standing still golem**, only getting 9 stack.

The "symbolic Avenger" from guardian: Gain one stack of 15 seconds every time your symbol hits, each stack 2%, Max 5 stacks.

Can we make it like this? :) I never have any issue getting max 5 stacks on my guardian.

The worst thing about this is I have no trouble attaining 25 might myself for reasonable periods of time with almost no effort on my Daredevil/Deadeye, Holosmith, Chrono, Guardian (Fb/Dh) and even my damn Reaper. Yes Tempest is, or rather was, easy to do, but anything outside of that spec is a blast combo based rotation for what return on that effort now? Yes the skills used to blast have secondary effects for sure but nobody else has to work as hard for practically no reward.

Again Anet have lost touch with Elementalist's across the board. They messed with fire traits how many times now? Has arcane/water has any decent love? Earth got some attention back when condi bombing was first becoming meta.

I gonna keep quiet now, this is making me too sad and depressed.

> @"MarzAttakz.9608" said:

> The worst thing about this is I have no trouble attaining 25 might myself for reasonable periods of time with almost no effort on my Daredevil/Deadeye, Holosmith, Chrono, Guardian (Fb/Dh) and even my kitten Reaper. Yes Tempest is, or rather was, easy to do, but anything outside of that spec is a blast combo based rotation for what return on that effort now? Yes the skills used to blast have secondary effects for sure but nobody else has to work as hard for practically no reward.

>

> Again Anet have lost touch with Elementalist's across the board. They messed with fire traits how many times now? Has arcane/water has any decent love? Earth got some attention back when condi bombing was first becoming meta.

>

> I gonna keep quiet now, this is making me too sad and depressed.

I agree. Fire was probably in the best shape of the available core trait lines. Now it has a broken grandmaster tier. Progress! Meanwhile, earth, arcane, water, and air could use some actual improvements but here we are! Any other favors you guys would like to do us? Really loving the inspired design decisions here!

Ring of Fire does not add any stacks to Persisting Flames because it does no pulsing damage. In order to interact with the new Persisting Flames, the secondary effect needs to be changed to cause Burning every second, rather than on pass through only. As it stands, it only adds 1 stack of Persisting Flames for a 7 second Fire Field.

> @"Mikeskies.1536" said:

> Ring of Fire does not add any stacks to Persisting Flames because it does no pulsing damage. In order to interact with the new Persisting Flames, the secondary effect needs to be changed to cause Burning every second, rather than on pass through only. As it stands, it only adds 1 stack of Persisting Flames for a 7 second Fire Field.

>

Honestly every single one of our fields on every weapon should be changed to trigger on entry, exit and pulse.

I am livid about losing lava font on being downed. They just neglected to mention this in the update notes. I do not raid. I do not pvp. Elementalists are difficult to keep alive, and I had a way to get back up by killing off things that were almost dead when I was downed. I discovered the change when in Silverwastes where i died, and died, and died, and died, and died. This makes me so mad that I am considering deleting a character I have had since game release. BRING IT BACK!!!!

> @"jephissa.8021" said:

> I am livid about losing lava font on being downed. They just neglected to mention this in the update notes. I do not raid. I do not pvp. Elementalists are difficult to keep alive, and I had a way to get back up by killing off things that were almost dead when I was downed. I discovered the change when in Silverwastes where i died, and died, and died, and died, and died. This makes me so mad that I am considering deleting a character I have had since game release. BRING IT BACK!!!!

Please don't delete a character you've invested parts of your life into. Things will change, play another class for a bit or take a break. Trust me on this, you'll regret the deletion and a change of scenery (F1 - F5) is a good thing.

> @"MarzAttakz.9608" said:

> > @"jephissa.8021" said:

> > I am livid about losing lava font on being downed. They just neglected to mention this in the update notes. I do not raid. I do not pvp. Elementalists are difficult to keep alive, and I had a way to get back up by killing off things that were almost dead when I was downed. I discovered the change when in Silverwastes where i died, and died, and died, and died, and died. This makes me so mad that I am considering deleting a character I have had since game release. BRING IT BACK!!!!

>

> Please don't delete a character you've invested parts of your life into. Things will change, play another class for a bit or take a break. Trust me on this, you'll regret the deletion and a change of scenery (F1 - F5) is a good thing.

Definitely shouldn't delete the character. But expecting things to change for the better is pretty naive. This was one of the most powerful tools that the class had in its arsenal for solo play. What exactly are they going to give elementalist that will make up for this? They'd have to make you pretty amazing when you are not downed, but that is not happening. They even removed the fury, because who needs boons? Get your supports to give you every basic boon that other classes get for free.

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > @"MarzAttakz.9608" said:

> > > @"jephissa.8021" said:

> > > I am livid about losing lava font on being downed. They just neglected to mention this in the update notes. I do not raid. I do not pvp. Elementalists are difficult to keep alive, and I had a way to get back up by killing off things that were almost dead when I was downed. I discovered the change when in Silverwastes where i died, and died, and died, and died, and died. This makes me so mad that I am considering deleting a character I have had since game release. BRING IT BACK!!!!

> >

> > Please don't delete a character you've invested parts of your life into. Things will change, play another class for a bit or take a break. Trust me on this, you'll regret the deletion and a change of scenery (F1 - F5) is a good thing.

>

> Definitely shouldn't delete the character. But expecting things to change for the better is pretty naive. This was one of the most powerful tools that the class had in its arsenal for solo play. What exactly are they going to give elementalist that will make up for this? They'd have to make you pretty amazing when you are not downed, but that is not happening. They even removed the fury, because who needs boons? Get your supports to give you every basic boon that other classes get for free.

Listen, I've mained an Elementalist since BWE1 (April 27, 2012) if you think I'm naive then you can talk to my hand.

Generally speaking we've always been weaker but we've had good times, bad times, really good times and really bad times.

Shit happens then they rebalance for whatever it's worth.

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > @"MarzAttakz.9608" said:

> > > @"jephissa.8021" said:

> > > I am livid about losing lava font on being downed. They just neglected to mention this in the update notes. I do not raid. I do not pvp. Elementalists are difficult to keep alive, and I had a way to get back up by killing off things that were almost dead when I was downed. I discovered the change when in Silverwastes where i died, and died, and died, and died, and died. This makes me so mad that I am considering deleting a character I have had since game release. BRING IT BACK!!!!

> >

> > Please don't delete a character you've invested parts of your life into. Things will change, play another class for a bit or take a break. Trust me on this, you'll regret the deletion and a change of scenery (F1 - F5) is a good thing.

>

> Definitely shouldn't delete the character. But expecting things to change for the better is pretty naive. This was one of the most powerful tools that the class had in its arsenal for solo play. What exactly are they going to give elementalist that will make up for this? They'd have to make you pretty amazing when you are not downed, but that is not happening. They even removed the fury, because who needs boons? Get your supports to give you every basic boon that other classes get for free.

It really says something about the basic design when a significant number of players support the idea that one of the most powerful tools the class has in its arsenal for solo play is...the skill that kills things for you when you go into downstate so you can rally repeatedly. FFS ANet, give this class some free stats already! It really needs to be a little less flimsy from baseline!

Well I wanted to post this also but there is more to it . Okay first Pyromancer's Puissance feels like the eles might generation has diarrhea now. I think it meant to be a pvp roamer nerf because all of those built are depended on that trait for PvE Persisting Flame is a buff.

What you can do more with this is using dagger/warhorn as tempest and you can have 2 x fire fields + overload + boonsharing(of fury and might). This could be used as replacement for Herold in wvw but atm there is too much missing.

1.) They stole with the big overwork on the overloads the stabi sharing on fire so far I know. I suggested to overwork it in a way this would work again when that came out. Besides it was always a bit less for wvw/pvp. In short giving stabi in 3 pulses while overload and making the trait just for sharing instead for stabi all together.

2.) Fury duration is too short for a meaning full sharing peer warhorn

3.) The might generation is a bit too less now for every options for this I would say about 5 might too short.

In general Pyromancer's Puissance is a trait as such it can't crit which is the usually way for ele also they capped the increase to 10 might even with 10 target cap this would be low . By the way does somebody know how high it is?

I know this was to address to OPness of 'Fire Weavers' but making every pvp/wvw built suffer for this is sad . The worst part for this is it makes ele again more depended on support. I have the problem that you don't have the nessary support in wvw so running even in zergs Pyromancer's Puissance sometimes was the usually but not option any more as an dps ele.