All unranked ever is anymore

Bast.7253

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> What does the title even mean?

>

> I play core mesmer with a core warrior duo partner. When I queue unranked in EU it's either sindrener playing guard or random plat guys, so mostly it's okay.

> In NA however, it's almost always random best of the best or two god of pvp duo queueing while playing holo or thief. Well, it was mainly top NA players that care too much about the game.

>

> ps. it's funny because I lost to guard sindrener but won best of the best holo. In the end nobody can carry solo.

Back in the day, as core guardian Playing zeal/rad/med, a very high risk build that is not good solo, on of the highest ranked rev (cannot remember the name now). And that was in rev hay day. It does not mean anything though. Even the best players make mistakes, which sometimes can be dumb mistakes too. I lost many solo battles cuz I made a dumb mistake and won many cuz better players made dumb mistakes. There is a reason games are not determined by one solo battle.

Just played an unranked game where my ranger kept running through the enemy team to run to the middle node and lay drops or die mid running to the node. I told him don't do that, dying gives points. He did not stop.

This is worse than playing with bots, bots at least immediately react to someone attacking them.

These are legitmately unplayable matches.

Please put me in a 2 hour queue over this trash, I'm going to end up doing the same thing I'd do in a 2 hour queue - alt tab and do something else while I wait.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> Yes, you have to game the system to actually progress unless you're a god. Your rank will always be 1-2 divisions below where you actually are skill wise if you just spam queue.

>

> The rank system and matchmaking system is really bad.

Boyce proved this a myth a few seasons ago, he spammed queues on his holo (which was fairly balanced back then) all season and still ended up in top 50.

> @"rng.1024" said:

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > Yes, you have to game the system to actually progress unless you're a god. Your rank will always be 1-2 divisions below where you actually are skill wise if you just spam queue.

> >

> > The rank system and matchmaking system is really bad.

>

> Boyce proved this a myth a few seasons ago, he spammed queues on his holo (which was fairly balanced back then) all season and still ended up in top 50.

What you said doesn't prove my statement wrong, it actually helps support it. I said "be a god" OR "game the sysatem". Boyce is a good top tier player thus a "god".

Someone who belongs in plat1/2 is going to struggle to belong in plat 1/2 unless they're actually legendary/plat3 in skill level. If you spam play, you'll absolutely always be 1-2 divisions below where your real skill level is.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > Yes, you have to game the system to actually progress unless you're a god. Your rank will always be 1-2 divisions below where you actually are skill wise if you just spam queue.

> > >

> > > The rank system and matchmaking system is really bad.

> >

> > Boyce proved this a myth a few seasons ago, he spammed queues on his holo (which was fairly balanced back then) all season and still ended up in top 50.

>

> What you said doesn't prove my statement wrong, it actually helps support it. I said "be a god" OR "game the sysatem". Boyce is a good top tier player thus a "god".

>

> Someone who belongs in plat1/2 is going to struggle to belong in plat 1/2 unless they're actually legendary/plat3 in skill level. If you spam play, you'll absolutely always be 1-2 divisions below where your real skill level is.

Ah I thought you meant it figuratively, my bad ^^

Well yeah, the law of large numbers dictate you will draw near 50% winrate the more games you play (because more chances to lose games, and this is where you find the majority of players).

Nevertheless if we had the population or enough ppl queuing at the same time to support more winrate "tier" matches it would be way easier to stay above than it currently is.

You are right though, the reason you tank by spamming games is due to duo-q and metagaming. If we could remove metagaming and ensure every duo gets a mirror on the other team this would no longer tank your rating. Maybe removing volatility would help, as right now playing fewer games mean bigger rating swings - this way those who play the most games would have their most accurate rating (meaning you would lose less ranking on a loss than someone who only played a few games f.ex).

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > Yes, you have to game the system to actually progress unless you're a god. Your rank will always be 1-2 divisions below where you actually are skill wise if you just spam queue.

> > >

> > > The rank system and matchmaking system is really bad.

> >

> > Boyce proved this a myth a few seasons ago, he spammed queues on his holo (which was fairly balanced back then) all season and still ended up in top 50.

>

> What you said doesn't prove my statement wrong, it actually helps support it. I said "be a god" OR "game the sysatem". Boyce is a good top tier player thus a "god".

>

> Someone who belongs in plat1/2 is going to struggle to belong in plat 1/2 unless they're actually legendary/plat3 in skill level. If you spam play, you'll absolutely always be 1-2 divisions below where your real skill level is.

ive been spamming q every season (solo) and get around the same rating every season - regardless of balance or anything

rating is rather accurate id say

matchmaking isnt really good but both teams get shitty and good players so its just up to you

> @"Koen.1327" said:

> > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > @"rng.1024" said:

> > > > @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > > > Yes, you have to game the system to actually progress unless you're a god. Your rank will always be 1-2 divisions below where you actually are skill wise if you just spam queue.

> > > >

> > > > The rank system and matchmaking system is really bad.

> > >

> > > Boyce proved this a myth a few seasons ago, he spammed queues on his holo (which was fairly balanced back then) all season and still ended up in top 50.

> >

> > What you said doesn't prove my statement wrong, it actually helps support it. I said "be a god" OR "game the sysatem". Boyce is a good top tier player thus a "god".

> >

> > Someone who belongs in plat1/2 is going to struggle to belong in plat 1/2 unless they're actually legendary/plat3 in skill level. If you spam play, you'll absolutely always be 1-2 divisions below where your real skill level is.

>

> ive been spamming q every season (solo) and get around the same rating every season - regardless of balance or anything

>

> rating is rather accurate id say

> matchmaking isnt really good but both teams get kitten and good players so its just up to you

Agreed, that's how I also like to play seasons ^^