All unranked ever is anymore

Bast.7253

> @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> True.

> They drove everyone away so I guess they got what they want in the end, again.

>

> What I don't get is why they have to play their meta AT builds in Unranked. What is the point of styling on a bunch of new people and/or people trying to test builds/have fun?

Yeah. I've been trying a renegade build and chrono build tonight and all I keep getting is high ranked people playing meta builds acting like their life depends on it.

I don't know. It's just not fun anymore. Even in unranked you get a match where you either steamroll the other team your get steamrolled. There are very few that are close and it seems like it's the same 30 people over and over again.

What does the title even mean?

I play core mesmer with a core warrior duo partner. When I queue unranked in EU it's either sindrener playing guard or random plat guys, so mostly it's okay.

In NA however, it's almost always random best of the best or two god of pvp duo queueing while playing holo or thief. Well, it was mainly top NA players that care too much about the game.

ps. it's funny because I lost to guard sindrener but won best of the best holo. In the end nobody can carry solo.

That's why I only pvp for my daily anymore. Playing against some dude with five legendaries and the best of the best titles is not on my agenda when I'm trying to learn the rest of my classes.

There's tourneys, 1v1s, and other places. Go there, leave unranked alone and go plague ranked like it has been for two months now with this garbo meta. Can't even have good practice run because some bro wants to run Crev and afk on the point.

Some people have fun playing the meta specs or just want to try out different classes in an environment where their rating is not at risk.

With that being said, if you want to get matched up with people around your skill level, play ranked where the matchmaking is more strict.

There _is_ matchmaking in unranked but it's much more lenient.

> @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> What I don't get is why they have to play their meta AT builds in Unranked. What is the point of styling on a bunch of new people and/or people trying to test builds/have fun?

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> Yeah. I've been trying a renegade build and chrono build tonight and all I keep getting is high ranked people playing meta builds acting like their life depends on it.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> What does the title even mean?

>

> I play core mesmer with a core warrior duo partner. When I queue unranked in EU it's either sindrener playing guard or random plat guys, so mostly it's okay.

> In NA however, it's almost always random best of the best or two god of pvp duo queueing while playing holo or thief. Well, it was mainly top NA players that care too much about the game.

>

> ps. it's funny because I lost to guard sindrener but won best of the best holo. In the end nobody can carry solo.

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> That's why I only pvp for my daily anymore. Playing against some dude with five legendaries and the best of the best titles is not on my agenda when I'm trying to learn the rest of my classes.

>

> There's tourneys, 1v1s, and other places. Go there, leave unranked alone and go plague ranked like it has been for two months now with this garbo meta. Can't even have good practice run because some bro wants to run Crev and afk on the point.

![](https://i.imgur.com/Wt9hRIz.jpg "")

Lmao

> @"bethekey.8314" said:

> > @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> > What I don't get is why they have to play their meta AT builds in Unranked. What is the point of styling on a bunch of new people and/or people trying to test builds/have fun?

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/Wt9hRIz.jpg "")

>

>

![](https://i.imgur.com/hyxbvp3.png "")

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> Yeah. I've been trying a renegade build and chrono build tonight and all I keep getting is high ranked people playing meta builds acting like their life depends on it.

>

> I don't know. It's just not fun anymore. Even in unranked you get a match where you either steamroll the other team your get steamrolled. There are very few that are close and it seems like it's the same 30 people over and over again.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> Some people have fun playing the meta specs or just want to try out different classes in an environment where their rating is not at risk.

>

> With that being said, if you want to get matched up with people around your skill level, play ranked where the matchmaking is more strict.

Anyway, yeah.

It's like this nearly every game now.

You can't really go to Ranked to escape it because Ranked matchmaking is pretty much the same as Unranked's.

You'd also be forced to play Ranked like Unranked which would probably destroy your rating if that's something you care about.

They've just made the game; even unranked, super sweaty.

Imo, the best thing you can do to practice a certain build or to quickly get dailies over with is to stoop to doing the same thing. Most of the sweats hate Stronghold, so just queue that and roll over new peeps until you feel comfy.

There's also no real difference in ranked between 1450 and 1800 US. Skill of the top 3 players is the same as anyone at the top of gold as far as I see. I've seen plenty of gold players who are way better than people I've played against in the top 20. The games feel exactly the same and at 1450+ you start getting queued against top players all the time so that makes sense. Duo queue kind of breaks the pvp game in general, but the state of ranks in ranked is silly.

> @"Majy.6792" said:

> There's also no real difference in ranked between 1450 and 1800 US. Skill of the top 3 players is the same as anyone at the top of gold as far as I see. I've seen plenty of gold players who are way better than people I've played against in the top 20. The games feel exactly the same and at 1450+ you start getting queued against top players all the time so that makes sense. Duo queue kind of breaks the pvp game in general, but the state of ranks in ranked is silly.

How about no.

> @"Majy.6792" said:

> There's also no real difference in ranked between 1450 and 1800 US. Skill of the top 3 players is the same as anyone at the top of gold as far as I see. I've seen plenty of gold players who are way better than people I've played against in the top 20. The games feel exactly the same and at 1450+ you start getting queued against top players all the time so that makes sense. Duo queue kind of breaks the pvp game in general, but the state of ranks in ranked is silly.

The first part is untrue but the 2nd is 100% accurate. NA1450 is nothing but rank1 duos over and over gate keeping most people from plat.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"Majy.6792" said:

> > There's also no real difference in ranked between 1450 and 1800 US. Skill of the top 3 players is the same as anyone at the top of gold as far as I see. I've seen plenty of gold players who are way better than people I've played against in the top 20. The games feel exactly the same and at 1450+ you start getting queued against top players all the time so that makes sense. Duo queue kind of breaks the pvp game in general, but the state of ranks in ranked is silly.

>

> The first part is untrue but the 2nd is 100% accurate. NA1450 is nothing but rank1 duos over and over gate keeping most people from plat.

And that's only tracking the people that I see regularly. No telling how many of them are the same people on alt accounts.

> @"bethekey.8314" said:

> > @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> > What I don't get is why they have to play their meta AT builds in Unranked. What is the point of styling on a bunch of new people and/or people trying to test builds/have fun?

> .

> > @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > Yeah. I've been trying a renegade build and chrono build tonight and all I keep getting is high ranked people playing meta builds acting like their life depends on it.

> .

> > @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > What does the title even mean?

> >

> > I play core mesmer with a core warrior duo partner. When I queue unranked in EU it's either sindrener playing guard or random plat guys, so mostly it's okay.

> > In NA however, it's almost always random best of the best or two god of pvp duo queueing while playing holo or thief. Well, it was mainly top NA players that care too much about the game.

> >

> > ps. it's funny because I lost to guard sindrener but won best of the best holo. In the end nobody can carry solo.

> .

> > @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > That's why I only pvp for my daily anymore. Playing against some dude with five legendaries and the best of the best titles is not on my agenda when I'm trying to learn the rest of my classes.

> >

> > There's tourneys, 1v1s, and other places. Go there, leave unranked alone and go plague ranked like it has been for two months now with this garbo meta. Can't even have good practice run because some bro wants to run Crev and afk on the point.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/Wt9hRIz.jpg "")

>

>

> Lmao

3/10 broham, you tried.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"Majy.6792" said:

> > There's also no real difference in ranked between 1450 and 1800 US. Skill of the top 3 players is the same as anyone at the top of gold as far as I see. I've seen plenty of gold players who are way better than people I've played against in the top 20. The games feel exactly the same and at 1450+ you start getting queued against top players all the time so that makes sense. Duo queue kind of breaks the pvp game in general, but the state of ranks in ranked is silly.

>

> The first part is untrue but the 2nd is 100% accurate. NA1450 is nothing but rank1 duos over and over gate keeping most people from plat.

I didn't mean it as a rule. I've played against the top players, I think at least all of the top 20 at this point, and have had more or similar trouble with plenty of people way lower. I'd bet anything most people in top 20 wouldn't be top 20 if they were solo queueing. Having two very good players in a game where you might only get matched against good players is powerful.

> @"Majy.6792" said:

> I didn't mean it as a rule. I've played against the top players, I think at least all of the top 20 at this point, and have had more or similar trouble with plenty of people way lower. I'd bet anything most people in top 20 wouldn't be top 20 if they were solo queueing. Having two very good players in a game where you might only get matched against good players is powerful.

To their credit, a lot of them are actually pretty good at the game.

The game was SoloQ at one point. It was mostly the same people. The main difference was it didn't feel completely hopeless because you weren't contending with people that had highly inflated ratings and winrates that go up to 100% in the off-season(as in no games lost)

There was also very little if any alting which appears to have calmed down slightly now, but when I quit in Season 18; the top 20 people were all essentially the same 2 people spread across multiple alt accounts on NA.

What you are complaining about is accurate. But it is not the problem, it is the consequence.

Player base has never been so small for thousands reasons (balance, toxicity, rewards, team q vs solo, ...). It would take unreasonable amount of time for the matchmaker to find enough players of the same ranking for both teams.

So it ends up in 2 high elo players facing 2 others, with less experienced players all around. It is frustrating for both sides: high elo will get frustrated by the mistakes low elo people make, while low elo people will either be annoyed by toxicity of high elo people, or annoyed to get farmed by the other team's good players. Unfortunately, there is no solution for that besides fixing the root of the problem, which anet refuses to do.

> @"aelska.4609" said:

> What you are complaining about is accurate. But it is not the problem, it is the consequence.

> Player base has never been so small for thousands reasons (balance, toxicity, rewards, team q vs solo, ...). It would take unreasonable amount of time for the matchmaker to find enough players of the same ranking for both teams.

> So it ends up in 2 high elo players facing 2 others, with less experienced players all around. It is frustrating for both sides: high elo will get frustrated by the mistakes low elo people make, while low elo people will either be annoyed by toxicity of high elo people, or annoyed to get farmed by the other team's good players. Unfortunately, there is no solution for that besides fixing the root of the problem, which anet refuses to do.

Removing duo queue is probably the only thing they can realistically do. This will allow more precise splitting of player ability levels.

I've been noticing game quality steadily declining ever since the Feb, 25 patch drop.

It was fun initially, but that was largely due to the increased playerbase. Everyone wanted to at least test out the new changes. Time carried on, Anet nerfed a few builds and classes into the ground causing some players to quit (Scrapper, Mesmer). Others quit because of the slower pace. Others, because of the prevalence of Condis and AoE spam. ~~Others because Immob ranger is the most infuriating thing to fight in this game~~.

Point being, the playerbase dwindles, matchmaking becomes worse.

I had a very annoying series of losses just two nights ago because Anet matched me and my duo with the same 3 players (one of which was a bot) vs the same 5 players who were clearly above our team (and bot's) skill level.

No one likes one sided matches. It's frustrating when you lose 50/500 and unsatisfying when you win 500/50.

> @"Ysmir.4986" said:

> **GOOD PLAYERS ARE RUINING MY EXPERIENCE BY PLAYING THE SAME GAME-MODE AS ME**

> _The forum post._

I WANT ATTENTION SO I’M GOING TO POST A NON-CONSTRUCTIVE REPLY IN ALL CAPS TO A THREAD I DON’T AGREE WITH.

_Your post._

> @"Kuma.1503" said:

> I've been noticing game quality steadily declining ever since the Feb, 25 patch drop.

>

> It was fun initially, but that was largely due to the increased playerbase. Everyone wanted to at least test out the new changes. Time carried on, Anet nerfed a few builds and classes into the ground causing some players to quit (Scrapper, Mesmer). Others quit because of the slower pace. Others, because of the prevalence of Condis and AoE spam. ~~Others because Immob ranger is the most infuriating thing to fight in this game~~.

>

> Point being, the playerbase dwindles, matchmaking becomes worse.

>

> I had a very annoying series of losses just two nights ago because Anet matched me and my duo with the same 3 players (one of which was a bot) vs the same 5 players who were clearly above our team (and bot's) skill level.

>

> No one likes one sided matches. It's frustrating when you lose 50/500 and unsatisfying when you win 500/50.

>

I've learned pvp in this game has a meta game which is knowing when to queue. Got a bot or a hacker in a game? Very clear sign to stop playing. Even if in the game you play it works to your advantage, the next game you may be on the opposite side of things. I also stop queueing when it feels like games are way too lopsided. I find my win rate is overall better & I have more fun when I'm playing games that feel close or at least like both teams had decent players. The worst is when you wind up 5 games in a row with players who are not bots but may as well be, against top 250 players.

Gotta know when to just stop and come back to it. Helps the sanity. This is also how I ultimately was able to stop myself from ping ponging between 1300 and 1500 and actually break into plat. Having played against enough top players I knew my skill level was on par with many of them, but if you're solo queue and playing during bouts of bots/afks/bad matchmaking, you're just playing a game of roulette and the house is NOT in your favor.