Would you be inclined to purchase more Outfits if you were able to wear a custom helmet on top?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cheated and said yes just because I would love this feature to be available. I have bought a few outfits (Maybe? At least one, anyway) with real money, but rarely see a gotta-have one, and got most of mine from the statuette shop...with statuettes I got from free farmed keys. So, I have to admit, they would not make much profit off of me.

> @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> No...Anet should break up the outfits into separate pieces, like some of the the armor skins are. I would then buy outfits.

But then they wouldn't be outfits. We would be back to armor sets, which I agree is preferred, but Anet has stated takes much more time/effort than outfits.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> But then they wouldn't be outfits. We would be back to armor sets, which I agree is preferred, but Anet has stated takes much more time/effort than outfits.

Outfits should **never** have been a thing.

If they want the money, they should put in the effort and work.

But then again, I also think that multiple body types with different anchor points for the armour was a stupid idea to begin with.

Why does heavy armour need to attach at different parts of the body than medium or light armour? It makes no sense to me.

Other games have no issues (or at least none that I encountered) using the same anchor points either.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > But then they wouldn't be outfits. We would be back to armor sets, which I agree is preferred, but Anet has stated takes much more time/effort than outfits.

> Outfits should **never** have been a thing.

> If they want the money, they should put in the effort and work.

>

Agreed, but then you have people complaining about the lack of armor sets which can take up to nine months to make. Anet, it would seem, prefers to dedicate that time to developing other content.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > But then they wouldn't be outfits. We would be back to armor sets, which I agree is preferred, but Anet has stated takes much more time/effort than outfits.

> Outfits should **never** have been a thing.

> If they want the money, they should put in the effort and work.

>

but at least half the outfits we have are impossible as armor, you also have to keep in mind that the outfits we have now would clip like made with the armor pieces and that armor sets can only be used for one specific weight class.

outfits takes away that burden, allowing all professions to use all outfit styles without clipping problems.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> but at least half the outfits we have are impossible as armor, you also have to keep in mind that the outfits we have now would clip like made with the armor pieces and that armor sets can only be used for one specific weight class.

That argument just goes back to Arenanet unnecessarily creating different bodies for the armour weights.

They could just have used the same body with the same anchor points for the armour weights.

Allegedly those anchor points also are the reason why medium armours almost always gets those long "chest" pieces, so all armour weights using the same anchor points might have resulted in shorter medium armour chest pieces.

> clipping problems

Clipping is not that big of a problem that Arenanet makes out of it.

Some armour pieces are clipping within themselves and Arenanet has never revisited those armour pieces.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Agreed, but then you have people complaining about the lack of armor sets which can take up to nine months to make.

This problem could have easily been avoided by, again, not using different anchor points for each armour weight.

Arenanet created that problem itself and should have work on fixing it long ago, rather than going the easy route to quick cash.

I work hard for my armor combinations. Outfits, though beautiful, hide that hard work. There isn't a practical point to them except when you are leveling alternative characters and are trying to hide the less than stellar armor you've picked up along the way. I use them sometimes for screenshots. But that is so seldom.

If they separated the individual pieces (yes I know it's more work) and sold those as armor, than yes I would be interested.

I strongly believe that outfit hat is coded separately from the rest of the outfit (that's why we can hide them), and I suspect all hats have a universal anchor point, unlike the other parts.

I suspect gloves too (mebbe shoes) might have similar anchor points if not the same. But I'm much less optimistic about this.

It might not actually be hard for Anet to universalize all helm skins. Relatively speaking. You notice that they like to sell hats/gloves/shoes(mebbe shoulders) parts in gemstones? And when you preview backpacks, u get stripped except for those parts

> @"waxx.3619" said:

> I hate the concept of outfits. If I were Anet I would sell armor pieces instead of outfits. Same price as an outfit but they come in chest, boots, gloves etc. skin. So you can mix and match them and create your own unique set.

Armor sets same price as outfits? That's unrealistic. The resources involved are vastly different.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"waxx.3619" said:

> > I hate the concept of outfits. If I were Anet I would sell armor pieces instead of outfits. Same price as an outfit but they come in chest, boots, gloves etc. skin. So you can mix and match them and create your own unique set.

>

> Armor sets same price as outfits? That's unrealistic. The resources involved are vastly different.

Full armour sets used to be 800 gems and outfits are 700 gems (except the wedding smudge, which is 1000 gems).

I'd gladly pay 100 gems more, if Arenanet went the extra effort and I like parts of the design.

As it stands now, I don't pay a single gem on further outfits, because every outfit (except the monk dress) has irremovable parts that I can't stand.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"waxx.3619" said:

> > > I hate the concept of outfits. If I were Anet I would sell armor pieces instead of outfits. Same price as an outfit but they come in chest, boots, gloves etc. skin. So you can mix and match them and create your own unique set.

> >

> > Armor sets same price as outfits? That's unrealistic. The resources involved are vastly different.

>

> Full armour sets used to be 800 gems and outfits are 700 gems (except the wedding smudge, which is 1000 gems).

> I'd gladly pay 100 gems more, if Arenanet went the extra effort and I like parts of the design.

> As it stands now, I don't pay a single gem on further outfits, because every outfit (except the monk dress) has irremovable parts that I can't stand.

Don't forget, that's 800gems for a single armor class

> @"casualkenny.9817" said:

> > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"waxx.3619" said:

> > > > I hate the concept of outfits. If I were Anet I would sell armor pieces instead of outfits. Same price as an outfit but they come in chest, boots, gloves etc. skin. So you can mix and match them and create your own unique set.

> > >

> > > Armor sets same price as outfits? That's unrealistic. The resources involved are vastly different.

> >

> > Full armour sets used to be 800 gems and outfits are 700 gems (except the wedding smudge, which is 1000 gems).

> > I'd gladly pay 100 gems more, if Arenanet went the extra effort and I like parts of the design.

> > As it stands now, I don't pay a single gem on further outfits, because every outfit (except the monk dress) has irremovable parts that I can't stand.

>

> Don't forget, that's 800gems for a single armor class

That's still 2400 gems for 18 parts (six per weight) that can be mixed with other parts of the same armour weight.

That's effectively more value then than one part that can't be mixed.

Outfits can't even hide their gloves and shoulders, so it's another advantage for armours.