Imbued Holographic Weapons not available after Dragon Bash

Hello,

I was saving all of my Holographic weapons to exchange them for their Imbued version at the same time since I was gathering all those jorbreakers. I was not able to log in on time before Dragon Bash finished this year but I did not worry, I went directly to the skritts in LA to make the exchange and to my surprise they don't offer the Imbued versions for exchange! Why and more whys? They should be available all year long for those of us who got the Holographic version through dailies but could not exchange them on time (or simply could not decide which skin to choose before the festival ended). Now I'll have to wait an entire year to get those skins. This doesn't make any sense when you add up that the Sovereign weapons and their Divine variants are available are year long. Please add them to the skritt merchant.

Peace, a guy who did Dragon Bash dailies during all the festival just for these skins and at the end was not able to get a single one of them.

Now first off I hate to break an assumption but you do NOT exchange the weapons that you receive from party commander to acquire the imbued versions. Once you have unlocked the corresponding holo weapon from the Dragon Bash Victory Coffer the imbued skin unlocks for 2 gold 3 jorbreakers from a vendor.

Secondly this is the first year of the imbued weapons and they tend to have some lag on things if they are adding them to a vendor considering that it took awhile even for the Sovereign weapons to be purchasable year round.

Thirdly its not Anets fault that you couldn't decide which skins to get from the Dragon Bash Victory Coffer. Now if you did decide and missed the opportunity because you did not check what vender were selling imbued, well I would give you half the point since there were ALOT of vendors for this holiday and it can be reasonable to assume that you didnt check them all since as stated there were alot. Consolidating the vendors down might alleviate that issue cause do we really need one for food and weapons and the festival stuff especially they are all spread throughout Holbrek.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Not exactly 'spread out'. They were all, but possibly one, within a few feet of each other.

> I agree, the Sovereign weapons weren't available for a few years; not until the Festival of the Four Winds returned.

Truthfully wouldnt it have been better to just consolidate them into maybe 2 (weekly rewards + festival vendor with multi tabs) just for ease of access and so that people can just find what they need without having to figure out which one you need at any given time.

I noticed the "Commemorative Dragon Pinata" home instance node isn't available at the vendor in Lions Arch either. Which pretty much made me rage when I found out.

What's the point of a "Festival Rewards Vendor" if you're not going to make the "Festival Rewards" available at the vendor???

I know it's a bit late for this now, but for future reference this is why I never count on doing anything on the last day of a festival (in any game). Even if it's my day off and I have exactly nothing planned and no need to leave the house, if there's anything I absolutely do not want to miss I do it the day before, just in case. Or the next-to-last day I know I'll be able to log in, even if that's 1/2 way through the festival. For example if there's Wintersday stuff I want I buy it around the 28th December when I'm home for a few days between trips to relatives, just in case something happens and I'm not able to get online for the last day or two when I get home from my last trip.

Most of the time that's unnecessary and it means I wasted a little bit of gold topping up whatever currencies I needed instead of gathering them myself, or I have extra daily rewards after I've finished whatever I was working on. But sometimes it means I was still able to finish what I really wanted to do even though there were connection problems for me or the games servers, or my computer wouldn't switch on or there was a freak snowstorm and the trains were all cancelled because British trains can't run if there's weather.

GW2 is generally better than other games in making things available again at some point (in some other games I've played even waiting a year wouldn't be an option, those skins would be gone forever), although as people have said it often takes a long time for items to be added to the permanent vendors and not everything is included. But if I really want something I'm not willing to take that chance.

I am glad I purchased it before the end. I don't believe rewards like the Imbued Holographic Weapons should be available outside of the event. There are a lot of other skins/weapons not available all year. II do think they should add the home instance node. This should be consistence with all the others offered all year round.

> @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> I empathize with you. Im sorry you missed out on the unlocks. Just save them and use them next year. As others have said not all vendors move/remain. Also if they added it back now it would screw with the annual economic changes that occur with jorbreakers and taffy.

You don’t need to save the holographic weapons in order to get the upgraded skin. Personally I was able to unlock the imbued version of the axe even though I unlocked the holographic skin last year and did not have the holographic weapon with me. It is all account bound.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > I empathize with you. Im sorry you missed out on the unlocks. Just save them and use them next year. As others have said not all vendors move/remain. Also if they added it back now it would screw with the annual economic changes that occur with jorbreakers and taffy.

>

> You don’t need to save the holographic weapons in order to get the upgraded skin. Personally I was able to unlock the imbued version of the axe even though I unlocked the holographic skin last year and did not have the holographic weapon with me. It is all account bound.

Sure, what I was saying is they can wait till next year since the vendor that sells the Imbued versions is gone. till then. Obviously, they could choose the base skin now if they wanted.

> @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > @"Moradorin.6217" said:

> > > I empathize with you. Im sorry you missed out on the unlocks. Just save them and use them next year. As others have said not all vendors move/remain. Also if they added it back now it would screw with the annual economic changes that occur with jorbreakers and taffy.

> >

> > You don’t need to save the holographic weapons in order to get the upgraded skin. Personally I was able to unlock the imbued version of the axe even though I unlocked the holographic skin last year and did not have the holographic weapon with me. It is all account bound.

>

> Sure, what I was saying is they can wait till next year since the vendor that sells the Imbued versions is gone. till then. Obviously, they could choose the base skin now if they wanted.

Sorry for the misundestanding. I thought you and the OP were literally saying “oh what a shame you need to give a physical copy of the holographic weapon to the vendor in order to obtain the imbued upgrade”

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > It would be nice, the sovereign ones can be bought from a vendor year round...

>

> ...after a wait of several years.

>

>

Exactly! So we just ask for a few years and then boom the imbued hologram set will have a vendor there ... ha

• 4 weeks later...