My Ele Build: Enchement Elementalist

Cheshire King.6970

I need someone to look thought on the builds I made for my character. I will be doing mostly PvE stuff in case you asked. I will also tell you a bit about the characters I like to think up for them, and I do need help thinking of names for them.

A hardened old veteran, Her father was a shaman for the Flame Legion and hated it since they don't allow women to fight and only use them for cooking food. She became a Elements to show them up who is better at dealing with fire. It is no surprise that she joins the Vigil for her experiment and power with the elements.

I want to play her like an [Enchanted](http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PGyAwiZlVwiYPsEGJW2WevPA-zRJYiRXfZ0WV0YqI4A-e) Shaman, A warrior who strikes foes with weapons imbued with elemental power. So I went with Weaver though I don't know what other two specs I should go with: fir, air, earth or arcane.

I'm going to assume this is for Open World PvE, so here's my opinion and you can take what suits you.

1. Wurm runes add like 2,000 HP, which I think is not that much given that the build is already above 20,000 HP w/o them. Scholar runes would add up ~150 Power which while not a whole lot for Open World, is still a good trade for 2,000 HP.

2. Utility/heal skills; you can use like any other heal but the Stance because it's highly situational and highly unreliable, the glyph or the signet would be a lot better. Utility picks would preferably include Glyph of Storms because it has great utility when cast in Earth, you then would have 2 other slots which could be filled up by Arcane Shield for sustain and a free utility option. The elite skill is just taking what suits you best.

3. For the specs; aside picking Weaver, Fire line should be a go to (there's a debate between Fire or Air), leaving one last spec spot. The last spot could be Arcane for survivability and boons; just how you picked it, or Air for full glass cannon. This build would lack Stance skills to generate barrier from Bolstered Elements, but 680 barrier/stance is not much, so if the sustain is still needed, keep it, otherwise Swift Revenge works fine.

Hint- the more comfortable you get with the build and stats, the more you can consider swapping out (some) Marauder pieces for higher DPS from Berserker's.

For naming, 2hrs was all it took for me to get my last character named by mah guildies, soo... good luck with it!

Honestly just play condi weaver (there's literally thread below yours - open world domination). You can go full dire gear and be tanky while doing high damage (without even investing in defensive traits/utilities, but you have the option to). Both fire and earth specs provide optimal damage for condi weaver and both of them have defensive options for harder encounters (cleanse, protection). You can also get full condi duration just with traits and runes, unlike power ele who needs to sacrifice a lot to barely reach 100% crit chance. Condi weaver also gets more might because its rotation has blast fields as well as more defense through barrier and focus skills.

Basically a condi weaver build from snowcrows, but you use dire gear+balthazar runes and whichever sigils you want. You can even use dagger mainhand.

He posted a bit hazardous builds in every subforums, I'm not sure he intends to play them.

Otherwise sigil of vision is useless, you already 72% precision + good uptime of fury. Arcane power is not opitmal for OW, mostly without Elemental Surge, arcane wave is better, but every other Glyphs are better too, even primordial stance to stack vulnerability and grant you the barrier. Aquatic stance is one of the worst healing skill of the game, it could be usefull in OW ... may be ... but you also lack condi removal, the cantrip healing skill should be stronger.

About the runes, it's true you have a bit too much vitality and sustain/barriers overall; they are okai but Scholar, Eagle, ogre, thief are more okai.

About the glyphs of elementals, personnaly I tried to play them ... but the fact they disapear when you mount is really, really, really, annoying. They're good in group instance, otherwise they're just useless imo.

> @"Cheshire King.6970" said:

> Thank you for your advice everyone. I have made the change from power to condi damage.[ Feel free to look at it](http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PGCBwihjlFwoYbsJGJOOPmvLA-zxIY8ovPMKqikUwZA-e). Also, I'm playing to play them I just like to think ahead of what I want out of them

You should take a look at my thread on open world fire weaver builds. It has plenty of video, discussion, and build links.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/107218/open-world-domination-fire-weaver#latest