LF Good Power Roamer Scrapper/Holosmith

Apokriphos.7042

Hey guys. I just started playing an engineer after being inspired by a league of good scrapper/holosmith small group duelist builds that seem able to do it all - knockdown/stun, boons aplenty, easy condition removal and leaps and stealth escapes.

Upon trying one of the more popular variants from metabattle however, I am getting abyssal dps numbers vs the golem in aerodrome around 5k dps, let alone against real players. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I figure Id appeal to the brilliant minds of the Engineer forum: do you guys have any suggestions for a good durable build that can deal enough damage to be relevant in wvw?

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Holosmith_-_Holorifle

Damage numbers are verry different in PVE (high), WVW (low) and PVP (low). If you want to test out a build fast and cheap, go do a PVP unranked or stronghold match. Damage numbers are not exactly the same as in WVW and the amulet system is more limited stats wise, but it gives you a good idea if a build is any good or has major weaknesses.

note: Elixir U gives 6 seconds stability in WVW while in PVP its only 1 second.

WvW is about bursting, not sustained dps. Being able to even keep up 5k dps on someone is amazing, lol. Because enemies *are kind of working against you* unlike golems.

Either way, full marauders is pretty much the dps meta. But it's hard to say if it's durable enough for you. I know it isnt for me. Overall I prefer builds with around 1600 toughness when I run power and most of my builds end up with knights/cavalier combos, but the holo do have a problem with allocating stats elsewhere because they sort of thrive on keeping up that burst in the few seconds the enemy is CCd. An option is skipping the rifle and go sword/sheild (or pistol/sheild if you want some range) and lots of protection. Good as long as you dont get corrupted. I rarely meet a "bruiser" holo build. The scrapper is sort of in the same position now with the passive sustain nerf, they need the damage to keep up sustain.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> WvW is about bursting, not sustained dps. Being able to even keep up 5k dps on someone is amazing, lol. Because enemies *are kind of working against you* unlike golems.

>

> Either way, full marauders is pretty much the dps meta. But it's hard to say if it's durable enough for you. I know it isnt for me. Overall I prefer builds with around 1600 toughness when I run power and most of my builds end up with knights/cavalier combos, but the holo do have a problem with allocating stats elsewhere because they sort of thrive on keeping up that burst in the few seconds the enemy is CCd. An option is skipping the rifle and go sword/sheild (or pistol/sheild if you want some range) and lots of protection. Good as long as you dont get corrupted. I rarely meet a "bruiser" holo build. The scrapper is sort of in the same position now with the passive sustain nerf, they need the damage to keep up sustain.

Full marauders can be 1 shot by numerous builds in WvW so I highly don't recommend it. Holo itself is pretty easily focused and run down by thieves, which is by far the most common roamer. I would recommend scrapper with at least 2700 armor, and you'll still probably die to any thief in the planet regardless of either players skill.

I was watching a guy who makes roaming videos on engineer and he never has clips of him vs thieves, lol.

The main strength of thiefs are the disengagement capabilities. As you said a thief will kill you (eventually) because he can run away and come back as many times as he wants if something goes wrong for him.

To the target is not to kill him (you only can kill a thief if he is bad) instead to be able to push him to disengage and he able to disengage yourself.

Atm I’m using the build below with good results (comments and suggestion appreciated 8P)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAIlFw8YOMM2JOcSZNXA-zVpYBh2DXMKAigEMCR4IoiyIzCo3EwkDSYsBut3yqvWA-w

You are really though and been able to stack lots of %damage from BigBoomer,Rune of Eagle and ObjectInMotion with high time of oSuperSpeed Stability (3+ disables on low CD) and extra SuperSpeed lowCD on HealSkill (potentially can get permanent SuperSpeed)

You hit hard with the hammer, able to keep pressure with the EG at range while reduce enemy pressure with Weakness.

high disengage capabilities due the elite gyro (I only use it if I need to disengage). If something goes wrong, use the elite and choose a safe direction and go away (with Hammer 3 to combo stealth if possible)

Let me know if It work for you :)