Hundred blades

Zoid.2568

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > I just want to point out that Rapid Fire is a very similar skill, has 1s less cast time, and allows movement, while being ranged.

>

> Rapidfire does nowhere near the kind of Damage that HB does though, not unless you can line up 5 targets and have piercing arrows, even then it's not as much as what HB can put out.

But 100B will never deal that full damage right now unless the foe is bad/new. You'll end up doing more damage with Rapid Fire under most circumstances.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > I just want to point out that Rapid Fire is a very similar skill, has 1s less cast time, and allows movement, while being ranged.

> >

> > Rapidfire does nowhere near the kind of Damage that HB does though, not unless you can line up 5 targets and have piercing arrows, even then it's not as much as what HB can put out.

>

> But 100B will never deal that full damage right now unless the foe is bad/new. You'll end up doing more damage with Rapid Fire under most circumstances.

Sooo lower cast time a bit and adjust (nerf) the dmg accordingly to keep the skill dps? :p

If landing the skill is the problem/near impossibility due to the cast time, but the dmg over time (or its burst dmg) is still strong IF it would land, then just reducing the cast time while leaving the dmg intact doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > I just want to point out that Rapid Fire is a very similar skill, has 1s less cast time, and allows movement, while being ranged.

> > >

> > > Rapidfire does nowhere near the kind of Damage that HB does though, not unless you can line up 5 targets and have piercing arrows, even then it's not as much as what HB can put out.

> >

> > But 100B will never deal that full damage right now unless the foe is bad/new. You'll end up doing more damage with Rapid Fire under most circumstances.

>

> Sooo lower cast time a bit and adjust (nerf) the dmg accordingly to keep the skill dps? :p

> If landing the skill is the problem/near impossibility due to the cast time, but the dmg over time (or its burst dmg) is still strong IF it would land, then just reducing the cast time while leaving the dmg intact doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.

Lower cast time, not the damage. It's a burst DPS skill, it has a job to do, but the current damage/cast time inhibits it from doing its job. Buffing damage or reducing the cast time lets it do its job properly. Reducing both the cast time and the damage defeats the purpose, and it would still be worse than auto attacking.

Edit: just reducing the cast time keeps the overall DPS of the skill the same btw, but increases the burst DPS potential of the skill and overall DPS of a rotation since you have more time to squeeze more AA hits in. This would help the skill itself perform better at a higher level in competitive play and help the weapon as a whole in PvE where axe overshadows it in DPS.

> > > I just want to point out that Rapid Fire is a very similar skill, has 1s less cast time, and allows movement, while being ranged.

> >

> > Rapidfire does nowhere near the kind of Damage that HB does though, not unless you can line up 5 targets and have piercing arrows, even then it's not as much as what HB can put out.

>

> But 100B will never deal that full damage right now unless the foe is bad/new. You'll end up doing more damage with Rapid Fire under most circumstances.

That depends on the content really.. PvP not so much but it's pretty easy to hit a full 100B in PvE, Raids, Fractals etc.

Ultimately I think the skill was heavily designed for PvE more than anything with Axe's more fine tuned for PvP modes.

I wouldn't be against shortening the cast time though, I've always found 100B kind of slow for my tastes, it's one of the main reasons i've never been that much of a fan of GS on Warriors.

Personally though I much prefer how the skill worked in Gw1.

It was a 15 second Elite Skill buff that made all enemies around you take damage every time you hit a target with a Sword.

I miss mechanics like that, I don't really know of any in Gw2.. outside of the Retaliation boon I don't think there are any.. least I can't think of any off the top of my head.. might be some traits that mimic that kind of thing.

I know there are some that give you X effect when Y condition is applied to a target but it's not the same thing.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > I just want to point out that Rapid Fire is a very similar skill, has 1s less cast time, and allows movement, while being ranged.

> > >

> > > Rapidfire does nowhere near the kind of Damage that HB does though, not unless you can line up 5 targets and have piercing arrows, even then it's not as much as what HB can put out.

> >

> > But 100B will never deal that full damage right now unless the foe is bad/new. You'll end up doing more damage with Rapid Fire under most circumstances.

>

> That depends on the content really.. PvP not so much but it's pretty easy to hit a full 100B in PvE, Raids, Fractals etc.

> Ultimately I think the skill was heavily designed for PvE more than anything with Axe's more fine tuned for PvP modes.

>

> I wouldn't be against shortening the cast time though, I've always found 100B kind of slow for my tastes, it's one of the main reasons i've never been that much of a fan of GS on Warriors.

> Personally though I much prefer how the skill worked in Gw1.

> It was a 15 second Elite Skill buff that made all enemies around you take damage every time you hit a target with a Sword.

>

> I miss mechanics like that, I don't really know of any in Gw2.. outside of the Retaliation boon I don't think there are any.. least I can't think of any off the top of my head.. might be some traits that mimic that kind of thing.

> I know there are some that give you X effect when Y condition is applied to a target but it's not the same thing.

Dagger storm? Shredder Gyro?

An elite stance that strikes foes around the warrior would certainly be fun, but I doubt such a thing would happen. Maybe when we get the next espec we'll get something similar in function.

> > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > I just want to point out that Rapid Fire is a very similar skill, has 1s less cast time, and allows movement, while being ranged.

> > > >

> > > > Rapidfire does nowhere near the kind of Damage that HB does though, not unless you can line up 5 targets and have piercing arrows, even then it's not as much as what HB can put out.

> > >

> > > But 100B will never deal that full damage right now unless the foe is bad/new. You'll end up doing more damage with Rapid Fire under most circumstances.

> >

> > That depends on the content really.. PvP not so much but it's pretty easy to hit a full 100B in PvE, Raids, Fractals etc.

> > Ultimately I think the skill was heavily designed for PvE more than anything with Axe's more fine tuned for PvP modes.

> >

> > I wouldn't be against shortening the cast time though, I've always found 100B kind of slow for my tastes, it's one of the main reasons i've never been that much of a fan of GS on Warriors.

> > Personally though I much prefer how the skill worked in Gw1.

> > It was a 15 second Elite Skill buff that made all enemies around you take damage every time you hit a target with a Sword.

> >

> > I miss mechanics like that, I don't really know of any in Gw2.. outside of the Retaliation boon I don't think there are any.. least I can't think of any off the top of my head.. might be some traits that mimic that kind of thing.

> > I know there are some that give you X effect when Y condition is applied to a target but it's not the same thing.

>

> Dagger storm? Shredder Gyro?

>

> An elite stance that strikes foes around the warrior would certainly be fun, but I doubt such a thing would happen. Maybe when we get the next espec we'll get something similar in function.

Can't say im familiar with Shredder Gyro.. but Dagger Storm is more like Whirling Axe.. just an Aoe spin to win attack.

Im thinking more along the lines of an skill or trait that makes a single target damage skill become an AoE.. kinda like pircing arrows in some ways but less about enemies in a line and more about enemies around you.

Gw1 had a lot of that kinda stuff but Gw2 really doesn't.

Another example would be Necromancers in gw1 casting Mark of Pain on a single enemy would make all enemies around that enemy take damage if the marked enemy took physical damage.

This skill alone made Ranger Necros quite popular for AoE damage since they could nuke a small area if enemies were bunched up, Warrior with 100B in the middle would greatly increase that AoE damage, as would a Necro casting Spiteful Spirit on them which did AoE damage to all enemies around the target every time the target attacked.

Gw2's Aoe is more localized to the player or a targeted area rather than locked onto an enemy.

Oh one came to mind.. that Necro trait, one for Reaper I think.. chilling a foe causes and explosion that chills other targets around it.

That's the kind of AoE element im thinking isn't very common in Gw2.

An effect that can be spread to nearby enemies via proximity, the only actively usable skill I can think of that kinda works like that is Epidemic.. but that too isn't quite the same either.

Subject 6 has that buff effect that kinda does something similar though, build up the stacks and then it starts popping big AoE damage if people attack it.

That's kind of like how Mark of Pain worked in Gw1 only in gw2 it's a buff Subject 6 puts on itself rather than a debuff it puts on a player so similar effect but completely different process.

If It cast a debuff on a player and then proceeded to focus that player to make all other players take AoE every time that player was hit by an attack... that would be the same asn MArk of Pain in gw1.

I do hope the next specs have some kind of mechanics like that.. either self buffs that damage enemies around you when you attack or debuffs that make enemies take damage if that enemy attacks or is attacked.

Gw2 has experiemented somewhat with Hex's.. Livia's return back in season 3 saw her using a Hex skill that Necros and Mesmers don't have access to and some did speculate they would be hints at what the next Necro or Mesmer spec might be capable of but we ended up getting Scourge and Mirage instead.

She cast this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fragility_(effect) which was a Mesmer skill in Gw1, interestingly enough that means that Livia in Gw2 is a duel classed Necro/Mesmer which is kinda awesome :)

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > I just want to point out that Rapid Fire is a very similar skill, has 1s less cast time, and allows movement, while being ranged.

> > > >

> > > > Rapidfire does nowhere near the kind of Damage that HB does though, not unless you can line up 5 targets and have piercing arrows, even then it's not as much as what HB can put out.

> > >

> > > But 100B will never deal that full damage right now unless the foe is bad/new. You'll end up doing more damage with Rapid Fire under most circumstances.

> >

> > Sooo lower cast time a bit and adjust (nerf) the dmg accordingly to keep the skill dps? :p

> > If landing the skill is the problem/near impossibility due to the cast time, but the dmg over time (or its burst dmg) is still strong IF it would land, then just reducing the cast time while leaving the dmg intact doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.

>

> Lower cast time, not the damage. It's a burst DPS skill, it has a job to do, but the current damage/cast time inhibits it from doing its job. Buffing damage or reducing the cast time lets it do its job properly. Reducing both the cast time and the damage defeats the purpose, and it would still be worse than auto attacking.

Well then, the fact if the burst is high enough is subjective I guess :p

> Edit: just reducing the cast time keeps the overall DPS of the skill the same btw, but increases the burst DPS potential of the skill and overall DPS of a rotation since you have more time to squeeze more AA hits in. This would help the skill itself perform better at a higher level in competitive play and help the weapon as a whole in PvE where axe overshadows it in DPS.

Preeeeetty sure reducing cast time with exactly same damage increases dps of the skill itself as well. You're dealing same dmg over shorter time. It's dps increase. And burst increase as well, simply beacuse you deal it after shorter 'wind up'.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > I just want to point out that Rapid Fire is a very similar skill, has 1s less cast time, and allows movement, while being ranged.

> > > > >

> > > > > Rapidfire does nowhere near the kind of Damage that HB does though, not unless you can line up 5 targets and have piercing arrows, even then it's not as much as what HB can put out.

> > > >

> > > > But 100B will never deal that full damage right now unless the foe is bad/new. You'll end up doing more damage with Rapid Fire under most circumstances.

> > >

> > > That depends on the content really.. PvP not so much but it's pretty easy to hit a full 100B in PvE, Raids, Fractals etc.

> > > Ultimately I think the skill was heavily designed for PvE more than anything with Axe's more fine tuned for PvP modes.

> > >

> > > I wouldn't be against shortening the cast time though, I've always found 100B kind of slow for my tastes, it's one of the main reasons i've never been that much of a fan of GS on Warriors.

> > > Personally though I much prefer how the skill worked in Gw1.

> > > It was a 15 second Elite Skill buff that made all enemies around you take damage every time you hit a target with a Sword.

> > >

> > > I miss mechanics like that, I don't really know of any in Gw2.. outside of the Retaliation boon I don't think there are any.. least I can't think of any off the top of my head.. might be some traits that mimic that kind of thing.

> > > I know there are some that give you X effect when Y condition is applied to a target but it's not the same thing.

> >

> > Dagger storm? Shredder Gyro?

> >

> > An elite stance that strikes foes around the warrior would certainly be fun, but I doubt such a thing would happen. Maybe when we get the next espec we'll get something similar in function.

>

> Can't say im familiar with Shredder Gyro.. but Dagger Storm is more like Whirling Axe.. just an Aoe spin to win attack.

> Im thinking more along the lines of an skill or trait that makes a single target damage skill become an AoE.. kinda like pircing arrows in some ways but less about enemies in a line and more about enemies around you.

>

> Gw1 had a lot of that kinda stuff but Gw2 really doesn't.

> Another example would be Necromancers in gw1 casting Mark of Pain on a single enemy would make all enemies around that enemy take damage if the marked enemy took physical damage.

> This skill alone made Ranger Necros quite popular for AoE damage since they could nuke a small area if enemies were bunched up, Warrior with 100B in the middle would greatly increase that AoE damage, as would a Necro casting Spiteful Spirit on them which did AoE damage to all enemies around the target every time the target attacked.

>

> Gw2's Aoe is more localized to the player or a targeted area rather than locked onto an enemy.

> Oh one came to mind.. that Necro trait, one for Reaper I think.. chilling a foe causes and explosion that chills other targets around it.

> That's the kind of AoE element im thinking isn't very common in Gw2.

> An effect that can be spread to nearby enemies via proximity, the only actively usable skill I can think of that kinda works like that is Epidemic.. but that too isn't quite the same either.

>

> Subject 6 has that buff effect that kinda does something similar though, build up the stacks and then it starts popping big AoE damage if people attack it.

> That's kind of like how Mark of Pain worked in Gw1 only in gw2 it's a buff Subject 6 puts on itself rather than a debuff it puts on a player so similar effect but completely different process.

> If It cast a debuff on a player and then proceeded to focus that player to make all other players take AoE every time that player was hit by an attack... that would be the same asn MArk of Pain in gw1.

>

> I do hope the next specs have some kind of mechanics like that.. either self buffs that damage enemies around you when you attack or debuffs that make enemies take damage if that enemy attacks or is attacked.

> Gw2 has experiemented somewhat with Hex's.. Livia's return back in season 3 saw her using a Hex skill that Necros and Mesmers don't have access to and some did speculate they would be hints at what the next Necro or Mesmer spec might be capable of but we ended up getting Scourge and Mirage instead.

> She cast this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fragility_(effect) which was a Mesmer skill in Gw1, interestingly enough that means that Livia in Gw2 is a duel classed Necro/Mesmer which is kinda awesome :)

>

>

I'm well versed on GW1 btw. Something like mark of pain I'm GW2 would not be well received by the greater player base sadly. The best we can get is interesting trait synergies.

> @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > I just want to point out that Rapid Fire is a very similar skill, has 1s less cast time, and allows movement, while being ranged.

> > > > >

> > > > > Rapidfire does nowhere near the kind of Damage that HB does though, not unless you can line up 5 targets and have piercing arrows, even then it's not as much as what HB can put out.

> > > >

> > > > But 100B will never deal that full damage right now unless the foe is bad/new. You'll end up doing more damage with Rapid Fire under most circumstances.

> > >

> > > Sooo lower cast time a bit and adjust (nerf) the dmg accordingly to keep the skill dps? :p

> > > If landing the skill is the problem/near impossibility due to the cast time, but the dmg over time (or its burst dmg) is still strong IF it would land, then just reducing the cast time while leaving the dmg intact doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.

> >

> > Lower cast time, not the damage. It's a burst DPS skill, it has a job to do, but the current damage/cast time inhibits it from doing its job. Buffing damage or reducing the cast time lets it do its job properly. Reducing both the cast time and the damage defeats the purpose, and it would still be worse than auto attacking.

>

> Well then, the fact if the burst is high enough is subjective I guess :p

>

> > Edit: just reducing the cast time keeps the overall DPS of the skill the same btw, but increases the burst DPS potential of the skill and overall DPS of a rotation since you have more time to squeeze more AA hits in. This would help the skill itself perform better at a higher level in competitive play and help the weapon as a whole in PvE where axe overshadows it in DPS.

>

> Preeeeetty sure reducing cast time with exactly same damage increases dps of the skill itself as well. You're dealing same dmg over shorter time. It's dps increase. And burst increase as well, simply beacuse you deal it after shorter 'wind up'.

Yes and no.. the cooldown also contributes to the skills overall DPS figures.

Seducing the cast time would up the burst speed but not the total DPS since you'll still be getting the same damage out of the skill due to how often you can use it.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > @"Sobx.1758" said:

> > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > I just want to point out that Rapid Fire is a very similar skill, has 1s less cast time, and allows movement, while being ranged.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Rapidfire does nowhere near the kind of Damage that HB does though, not unless you can line up 5 targets and have piercing arrows, even then it's not as much as what HB can put out.

> > > > >

> > > > > But 100B will never deal that full damage right now unless the foe is bad/new. You'll end up doing more damage with Rapid Fire under most circumstances.

> > > >

> > > > Sooo lower cast time a bit and adjust (nerf) the dmg accordingly to keep the skill dps? :p

> > > > If landing the skill is the problem/near impossibility due to the cast time, but the dmg over time (or its burst dmg) is still strong IF it would land, then just reducing the cast time while leaving the dmg intact doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me.

> > >

> > > Lower cast time, not the damage. It's a burst DPS skill, it has a job to do, but the current damage/cast time inhibits it from doing its job. Buffing damage or reducing the cast time lets it do its job properly. Reducing both the cast time and the damage defeats the purpose, and it would still be worse than auto attacking.

> >

> > Well then, the fact if the burst is high enough is subjective I guess :p

> >

> > > Edit: just reducing the cast time keeps the overall DPS of the skill the same btw, but increases the burst DPS potential of the skill and overall DPS of a rotation since you have more time to squeeze more AA hits in. This would help the skill itself perform better at a higher level in competitive play and help the weapon as a whole in PvE where axe overshadows it in DPS.

> >

> > Preeeeetty sure reducing cast time with exactly same damage increases dps of the skill itself as well. You're dealing same dmg over shorter time. It's dps increase. And burst increase as well, simply beacuse you deal it after shorter 'wind up'.

>

> Yes and no.. the cooldown also contributes to the skills overall DPS figures.

> Seducing the cast time would up the burst speed but not the total DPS since you'll still be getting the same damage out of the skill due to how often you can use it.

But the cooldown stays the same. Also when I say dps of a skill here, I don't mean "lets stand in one place and not use anything but repeatedly spam 100b" (**but even then it's still a small dps increase**). I mean "when you use a skill with significant cast time, it has its dps and reducing cast time while leaving dmg intact increases that dps". You can say it increases it's burst and that is correct, but burst is nothing else than a short duration dps.

> > > > > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:

> > > > > > > I just want to point out that Rapid Fire is a very similar skill, has 1s less cast time, and allows movement, while being ranged.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Rapidfire does nowhere near the kind of Damage that HB does though, not unless you can line up 5 targets and have piercing arrows, even then it's not as much as what HB can put out.

> > > > >

> > > > > But 100B will never deal that full damage right now unless the foe is bad/new. You'll end up doing more damage with Rapid Fire under most circumstances.

> > > >

> > > > That depends on the content really.. PvP not so much but it's pretty easy to hit a full 100B in PvE, Raids, Fractals etc.

> > > > Ultimately I think the skill was heavily designed for PvE more than anything with Axe's more fine tuned for PvP modes.

> > > >

> > > > I wouldn't be against shortening the cast time though, I've always found 100B kind of slow for my tastes, it's one of the main reasons i've never been that much of a fan of GS on Warriors.

> > > > Personally though I much prefer how the skill worked in Gw1.

> > > > It was a 15 second Elite Skill buff that made all enemies around you take damage every time you hit a target with a Sword.

> > > >

> > > > I miss mechanics like that, I don't really know of any in Gw2.. outside of the Retaliation boon I don't think there are any.. least I can't think of any off the top of my head.. might be some traits that mimic that kind of thing.

> > > > I know there are some that give you X effect when Y condition is applied to a target but it's not the same thing.

> > >

> > > Dagger storm? Shredder Gyro?

> > >

> > > An elite stance that strikes foes around the warrior would certainly be fun, but I doubt such a thing would happen. Maybe when we get the next espec we'll get something similar in function.

> >

> > Can't say im familiar with Shredder Gyro.. but Dagger Storm is more like Whirling Axe.. just an Aoe spin to win attack.

> > Im thinking more along the lines of an skill or trait that makes a single target damage skill become an AoE.. kinda like pircing arrows in some ways but less about enemies in a line and more about enemies around you.

> >

> > Gw1 had a lot of that kinda stuff but Gw2 really doesn't.

> > Another example would be Necromancers in gw1 casting Mark of Pain on a single enemy would make all enemies around that enemy take damage if the marked enemy took physical damage.

> > This skill alone made Ranger Necros quite popular for AoE damage since they could nuke a small area if enemies were bunched up, Warrior with 100B in the middle would greatly increase that AoE damage, as would a Necro casting Spiteful Spirit on them which did AoE damage to all enemies around the target every time the target attacked.

> >

> > Gw2's Aoe is more localized to the player or a targeted area rather than locked onto an enemy.

> > Oh one came to mind.. that Necro trait, one for Reaper I think.. chilling a foe causes and explosion that chills other targets around it.

> > That's the kind of AoE element im thinking isn't very common in Gw2.

> > An effect that can be spread to nearby enemies via proximity, the only actively usable skill I can think of that kinda works like that is Epidemic.. but that too isn't quite the same either.

> >

> > Subject 6 has that buff effect that kinda does something similar though, build up the stacks and then it starts popping big AoE damage if people attack it.

> > That's kind of like how Mark of Pain worked in Gw1 only in gw2 it's a buff Subject 6 puts on itself rather than a debuff it puts on a player so similar effect but completely different process.

> > If It cast a debuff on a player and then proceeded to focus that player to make all other players take AoE every time that player was hit by an attack... that would be the same asn MArk of Pain in gw1.

> >

> > I do hope the next specs have some kind of mechanics like that.. either self buffs that damage enemies around you when you attack or debuffs that make enemies take damage if that enemy attacks or is attacked.

> > Gw2 has experiemented somewhat with Hex's.. Livia's return back in season 3 saw her using a Hex skill that Necros and Mesmers don't have access to and some did speculate they would be hints at what the next Necro or Mesmer spec might be capable of but we ended up getting Scourge and Mirage instead.

> > She cast this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fragility_(effect) which was a Mesmer skill in Gw1, interestingly enough that means that Livia in Gw2 is a duel classed Necro/Mesmer which is kinda awesome :)

> >

> >

>

> I'm well versed on GW1 btw. Something like mark of pain I'm GW2 would not be well received by the greater player base sadly. The best we can get is interesting trait synergies.

Glad to hear it ^^ I know a lot of Gw2 players have never played Gw1.. which is a real shame, it still is a great game.

If mechanics like this were to be a thing in Gw2 then it's probably best that they come in trait form, with you on that.

Example for a Warrior being.. breaking out of a stun gives you a small 3-4 second buff similar to hundred blades in gw1.

Could also push a little to skill upgrades through traits like that Necro Sceptor trait that upgrades a single skill, I wish we had more traits that did that.

I do agree that something like Mark of Pain would definitely be difficult to manage in Gw2's competitive scene either overused or never used depending on the mode, but it could be great for PvE.

They would have to shy away from new conditions with those effects too for the same reasons.. would either be kinda useless in small skirmish's or far too OP in big zerg fights.

Definitely need to increase the damage (or increase the speed) of Hundred Blades, mobility while in use would be nice as well. As it stands there really isn't much reason to use greatsword over dual axes. The damage output just doesn't come close especially when you throw Berserk and Whirling Axe into the mix. I only speak from a PvE perspective mind you. I personally prefer the aesthetic of a greatsword to two axes myself but it's just not viable in later areas when you need to be constantly moving and dishing out large amounts of damage, especially on groups of highly mobile and ranged enemies.

> @"Jagblade.4627" said:

> Definitely need to increase the damage (or increase the speed) of Hundred Blades, mobility while in use would be nice as well. As it stands there really isn't much reason to use greatsword over dual axes. The damage output just doesn't come close especially when you throw Berserk and Whirling Axe into the mix. I only speak from a PvE perspective mind you. I personally prefer the aesthetic of a greatsword to two axes myself but it's just not viable in later areas when you need to be constantly moving and dishing out large amounts of damage, especially on groups of highly mobile and ranged enemies.

Just increasing the speed would work. I highly suspect that allowing movement would require too much work on the animation to make it feasible. I suggest 2s.

> @"Terra.9506" said:

> Agreed with OP, I really want Hundred Blade move able, I didn't care about PVP but in PVE this could make GS warrior more fun to play.

I think the crux of the issue is this very thing, and perhaps every single other profession even if warrior is among the most glaring. Balance changes with PvP in mind usually damage the PvE aspect of skills. Balance changes with PvE in mind cause issues for the PvP crowd. If you ask me the two should have been divided a long time ago. Rather than having the skill perform the same way across the board, a situation in which no one will ever be happy, each skill should have a PvP and PvE version that exist separately from one another. This will allow them to be tuned to the specific needs of either instance of use. Yes it would take more time and more work to establish two separate states of balance but once achieved it would not be such a constant nagging problem. Work hard sooner to work less later.

• 4 weeks later...

> @"silentnight warrior.2714" said:

> I would rather to have hundred blades givin 0.5 sec of quickness and 1 layer of stability for the skill duration. The first blade swing with quickness would create a vacuum that pull nearest enemy to the warrior location (150 range).

No pull just daze. In this meta the only CC allowed to do damage is daze.

> No pull just daze. In this meta the only CC allowed to do damage is daze.

What about this:

Hundred Blades:

Repeatedly strike multiple foes. The last strike does extra damage. Gain 0.5 sec of quickness and 1 layer of stability for the skill duration.

If the first swing doesn't hit it will create a vaccum that pull the nearest target to you (150 range). If the first swing does hit, you double the quickness duration instead.

> > @"silentnight warrior.2714" said:

> > I would rather to have hundred blades givin 0.5 sec of quickness and 1 layer of stability for the skill duration. The first blade swing with quickness would create a vacuum that pull nearest enemy to the warrior location (150 range).

>

> No pull just daze. In this meta the only CC allowed to do damage is daze.

If it is just the first strike that applies the pull, then this wouldn't really be a problem.

Just the strike that applies the hard CC gets the reduced damage, but every following damage ticks are unaffected by that balance decision.

Examples:

* Pistol Whip: Just the first strike that applies the stun has no damage, the following strikes still deal damage as they used to.

* Thunderclap (scrapper): Completely unaffected, since the first strike that applies the stun doesn't deal any damage anyway and the following damage ticks from the AoE field still deal damage as they used to.

That being said, I think creating a vacuum with your greatsword that pulls targets towards you is kinda weird...

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> If it is just the first strike that applies the pull, then this wouldn't really be a problem.

>

> Just the strike that applies the hard CC gets the reduced damage, but every following damage ticks are unaffected by that balance decision.

> Examples:

> * Pistol Whip: Just the first strike that applies the stun has no damage, the following strikes still deal damage as they used to.

> * Thunderclap (scrapper): Completely unaffected, since the first strike that applies the stun doesn't deal any damage anyway and the following damage ticks from the AoE field still deal damage as they used to.

>

> That being said, I think creating a vacuum with your greatsword that pulls targets towards you is kinda weird...

The quickness part would help applying the damage the skill should be doing when you are able to make it land.

The pull part would also very usefull in PvP if you want to stop a ress instead of cleaving the downed.

And you are right, its kinda weird :)

> @"Kodama.6453" said:

> > > @"silentnight warrior.2714" said:

> > > I would rather to have hundred blades givin 0.5 sec of quickness and 1 layer of stability for the skill duration. The first blade swing with quickness would create a vacuum that pull nearest enemy to the warrior location (150 range).

> >

> > No pull just daze. In this meta the only CC allowed to do damage is daze.

>

> If it is just the first strike that applies the pull, then this wouldn't really be a problem.

>

> Just the strike that applies the hard CC gets the reduced damage, but every following damage ticks are unaffected by that balance decision.

> Examples:

> * Pistol Whip: Just the first strike that applies the stun has no damage, the following strikes still deal damage as they used to.

> * Thunderclap (scrapper): Completely unaffected, since the first strike that applies the stun doesn't deal any damage anyway and the following damage ticks from the AoE field still deal damage as they used to.

>

> That being said, I think creating a vacuum with your greatsword that pulls targets towards you is kinda weird...

It's a concept popular in anime. The thinking is that you swing a sword so fast that you push so much air out of the way that it creates a vacuum.