How do you figure out where in the zone the awakened are attacking?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phasic_Distortion_Reader

> *Originally the event occured every hour at xx:30 in three out of six predefined zones. Since the April 24, 2018 update it occurs in one zone every hour.

> *The schedule has been changed from a 6 hour rotation to a weekly rotation.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_invading_Awakened#Notes

Whenever the red crossed swords appear on my mini map, no matter how tiny they are, which indicates the distance I'm going to have to travel to get to them, I drag the map until I see the closest way point. I port there & it's usually pretty easy to find the location, as long as there are still some mobs left to kill.

Even if all of the mobs have been killed, often it's part of a train of these events & you'll see one or more Mod icons, leading the pack to the next one & the next etc. I think that they're a lot of fun & the rewards are decent as well.

> @"Stelawrat.6589" said:

> Whenever the red crossed swords appear on my mini map, no matter how tiny they are, which indicates the distance I'm going to have to travel to get to them, I drag the map until I see the closest way point. I port there & it's usually pretty easy to find the location, as long as there are still some mobs left to kill.

>

> Even if all of the mobs have been killed, often it's part of a train of these events & you'll see one or more Mod icons, leading the pack to the next one & the next etc. I think that they're a lot of fun & the rewards are decent as well.

I've found I have to drag the minimap like this for a lot of things. Is there a setting I'm missing for the actual map? Most event stuff shows on the main map when you open it, but some of the (more recent?) things that are rather big events don't.

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> I should clarify: I know what zone they're to appear in. After all, I linked the page with the table.

>

> I want to know how to find the events once inside the proper zone. **One of the bullets (on the page I linked) says there are red icons, but there were no red icons.**

From the wiki page that you linked: "The events are marked with a swarm of red sword icons and a red boss icon once the champion appears. Check the world map or mini map for locations."

The two red icons this refers to are illustrated in the section above this text, shown in orange. They're distinctive but small, as with all of the map icons. Depending on how many mobs are spawned, their icons might appear as a large cluster. All of them are in constant movement, on the attack, not static in any way, not what you might be thinking of as a fixed location. As they're being killed, their respective icons disappear, so the "cluster" of icons becomes more distinct, more individual, but smaller, so a bit more difficult to see if you're far away.

The length of these events vary depending on how many players are on the attack. Usually there are alot & depending on the player levels, the mobs can be finished off pretty fast. So it may be that you appeared in the right map, at the right time, but others had beat you to it, leaving no red icons for you to see.

> @"CazzT.1870" said:

> > @"Stelawrat.6589" said:

> > Whenever the red crossed swords appear on my mini map, no matter how tiny they are, which indicates the distance I'm going to have to travel to get to them, I drag the map until I see the closest way point. I port there & it's usually pretty easy to find the location, as long as there are still some mobs left to kill.

> >

> > Even if all of the mobs have been killed, often it's part of a train of these events & you'll see one or more Mod icons, leading the pack to the next one & the next etc. I think that they're a lot of fun & the rewards are decent as well.

> I've found I have to drag the minimap like this for a lot of things. Is there a setting I'm missing for the actual map? Most event stuff shows on the main map when you open it, but some of the (more recent?) things that are rather big events don't.

No, I don't believe there is any UI - map specific setting, but what I think would benefit both yourself & the OP, to be able to take advantage of everything offered re: these types of events, is a couple of wiki features.

To access the currently active boss events page, from in-game type: /wiki wb into the chat box.

Similarly, to access the event timer page, from in-game type: /wiki et into the chat box.

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> I just looked seconds ago. I'm in US central daylight time, which is UTC-5. The table says for 7:30 PM UTC-5 (which is now), it should be in Plains of Ashford. There are no red markers in that zone at this time.

7:30 PM or 7:30 UTC-5? The wiki displays times in a 24 hour format, so 7:30 PM is 19:30. Also, it's after the daily reset, so it's currently Tuesday.

You should find this one easier to understand:

https://www.thatshaman.com/tools/incursions/

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> I just looked seconds ago. I'm in US central daylight time, which is UTC-5. The table says for **7:30 PM UTC-5 (which is now), it should be in Plains of Ashford.** There are no red markers in that zone at this time.

>

> So, yeah, I'm probably misinterpreting the table, but how?

The table is based on a 24 hour clock though right, so if it was 7:30 PM when you checked, then the corresponding Schedule time would be 19:30. Mystery solved?