Obtaining gold isn't fun, and this is a problem.

Sylv.6514

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Sylv.6514" said:

> >Playing literally all day to enjoy the activities i like then seeing i only made like 1g per hour is just sad. Especially considering how old this game is.

> If you are only making 1g an hour OW gathering you are doing it poorly.... very very poorly.

> Maybe start improving your route, buffing yourself correctly, dealing with trash mobs better.

> Because 1g/hour for gathering mats Open World is more indicative of a problem with how you are playing than a problem with the game.

>

>

Yea, I don't use any kind of official open world farming route and I can easily get a few gold if not more from a couple of hours of farming depending on map and how many events and enemies I run into and how many mats I gather. I should mention I very rarely remember to use appropriate boosts either if at all.

So less than a gold an hour is suspicious on what they are doing or more likely what they are not doing.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> Obtaining *anything* in GW2 isn't all that fun. It's mostly [do this event 15-100 times for some achievement-related things] or some 40-item hide-and-seek collection, all designed to pad game time instead of *fun* time.

>

> Gold itself is gradual, but easy. Not a huge problem, except for the super-rare items that cost out the nose to get due to low drop rates, while 'common' items are near worthless due to insufficient sinks. We're only just recently starting to see that get better in Drizzlewood and the annual Zephyrite trade-ins. ..not that cloth and leather ever got a consistent means of acquisition..

You seem to have misunderstood. The fun part of the game is playing it. There is no other part.

Ask yourself: what are you going to do with the thing you're hunting? Play more of the game. Why is that fun, but playing before having a thing not?

If you're not levelling or mapping for the first time (and you shouldn't bother about making money), it's literally impossible to make 1g/hr.

Unless, of course, you're afking somewhere and expecting the gold to rain from the sky without playing.

This game throws you a lot of gold without having to spend much time or grind, you just have to find your fitting routine and you're good to go.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > @"DirtyDan.4759" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > then you must be lucky, the best i get in an hour is 1 single cheap rare and a bunch of masterwork junk worth about 2-3 silver.

> >

> > What content do you play?

>

> simply the open world, what did you expect?

What do you typically do in the open world? Any specific examples?