Introduce Raptor Mount to Stop Roaming

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> Hey OP you realize the roamers you want to run away from would have the same mount to chase you and send you back home (to spawn) right? Guess you gotta l2p after all

OBVIOUSLY you would gain a +300% mount speed and health bonus when moving away from a mounted enemy. I mean this is the only way to level the playing field with those mean roaming bullies.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @Caedmon.6798 said:

> > These are the people i love to hunt down when i roam.

> >

> > Just port to spawn like everyone else is doing,or log off and relogg when you spot a roamer.Or better yet ! Call the blob for those 2 guys.

>

> when did I say that "I" had a problem with dealing with roamers? I don't have a problem with them (in terms of them ganking me, or having trouble killing them), but I do think they are unintended and a cheap form of playing wvw that wasn't really intended. I also think that 90% of the kills they get are purely to grief others as opposed to actually being an asset to the server.

Quote Anet on them saying that "roaming is unintended."

_You_ **think** it's unintended and a cheap form of playing WvW.

_I_ **think** it's intended and a fair way of playing WvW.

Who is right here? Oh, no one. You're entitled to your opinion (which I'm pretty sure 99% of the WvW playerbase disagrees with)... but to each their own.

Btw, these people who are being "griefed" obviously don't find it upsetting enough to come post about it on the forums. Why are you doing it? If you have no problems with roamers and the people who are apparently at a "huge disadvantage" are really upset about it, why aren't they saying anything? Stop fighting other people's battles and bringing up issues that really aren't issues. Roaming has been in the game since this game came out so really, get over it.

You have no power over what anyone chooses to do in game. Not to mention, a 50 man blob steam rolling over a single person is probably the most unbalanced fight in the game. WAAAYYYY more than a level 80 killing a level 20. The level 20 at least has some semblance of a chance of escaping or fighting back. That single person against a zerg? None.

> @HazyDaisy.4107 said:

> > @sephiroth.4217 said:

> > we should just get rid of enemies all together and focus on killing lords only!

> >

>

>

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > So everyone defends this type of gameplay even though it's low skill and unfair and griefing, then when someone (me) points this out, I'm a troll, and deserve to be bullied/made fun of or have my skill insulted, even though I never said I had a problem dealing with roamers, everyone just assumed I must. Well you're all wrong.

> >

> > Raptor does 2 birds with one stone, eliminates roamers and makes wvw more fast paced, problem and solution addressed.

>

> Just say you want mounts, there are other threads asking for them. But, just because, I'll tell you how it'd probably play out vs what you think it'd accomplish.

>

> It's worth noting first, since it's the basis of the argument, that if a sub level 80 (or even an improperly equipped 80) is in wvw for whatever reason...most likely they don't have enough rank points for a wvw mounting mastery or any other mastery, but what the hey, here goes:

>

> 1) You would have to own POF (because B2W)

>

> 2) The roamer would still unlock raptor before the low ranks (because eotm rank farming and extra points)

>

> 3) The roamer would still chase down the low ranks and stomp them, only faster (because OP mount mastery).

>

> And then the real fun begins:

>

> 4) While running (because no rank points = no masteries) Low rank finally catches sight of tag (without being chased down by someone, something or crashing while on the way (again by foot) to tag), tag takes off on raptor without warning, as an enemy zerg approaches those inches behind tag on foot and stampeeds them....

> "Mounts in WVW is bullying to low ranks and those that didn't upgrade, we're being left behind to die by our squads"

>

> 5) Post mount forum discuasion summary:

> "Anet servers can't handle Mount lag"

> "It's not their servers, it's your computer!"

> "But lag wasn't this bad before"

> "Git gud"

>

> 6) On the offchance non mounted squads are formed (for the low ranks and those that didn't upgrade) "there's no one to fight, all the enemies are mounted and have a clear advantage"

>

> 7) For those in a majority mounted squad "No one fights, everyone leaps right past our zergs and roamers and one guy even leapt into our EBG KEEP and ported his whole zerg in"

>

> 6) Mixed pug groups:

> Mr Tag : Squad "Stay on tag, do not push ahead"

> Zergling: "You're not my father"

> Mr Tag: "I'm logging, GL all"

>

> 7) 6 months later: "Wvw is dead"

>

> Note, none of these things solve any alleged individual player problems, unless you count the possible computer crashing as handling the alleged problem.

I'm confused why you quoted me? Clearly my post was sarcasm