Tailored Victory

AliamRationem.5172

Please remove the cast time on this effect. It is more than balanced by the fact that you can't access it on demand and it is the most hugely telegraphed CC in the game.

Seriously, is it not enough that I first have a 3/4s to activate the stance, which applies multiple visible buff icons on my bar as well as a clearly visible animation around my character on top of several unique emotes, including a very loud and specific yell indicating when the CC itself is ready! You could hardly design a CC that is more difficult to use if you tried! But just in case, let's also make it limited range with a 3/4s cast time to activate? Cmon man!

Yea it's such a disaster that the elite is harder to land than focus 5. I've had decent players interrupt it like crazy... I almost always chain it with another CC now because of how easy it is to avoid it otherwise.. Like the logic is astounding tbh....

But after this thread wait and watch anet nerf focus 5 instead of balancing tailored victory lol

> @"kybraga.7103" said:

> Are you concerned about this skill from a PvP aspect or are you referring to PvE where the cast time just holds it back from being useful on a breakbar?

>

> I want to ask before I apply my own two-cents.

The cast time is less of a barrier in PvE, as the preconditions for using Tailored Victory already require you to plan ahead for far longer than the 3/4s cast time. The issues with this as a CC in PvP are obvious, however. It has multiple telegraphs baked into the design and it already has a 3/4s to activate Weave Self initially. This should be an instant cast.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"kybraga.7103" said:

> > Are you concerned about this skill from a PvP aspect or are you referring to PvE where the cast time just holds it back from being useful on a breakbar?

> >

> > I want to ask before I apply my own two-cents.

>

> The cast time is less of a barrier in PvE, as the preconditions for using Tailored Victory already require you to plan ahead for far longer than the 3/4s cast time. The issues with this as a CC in PvP are obvious, however. It has multiple telegraphs baked into the design and it already has a 3/4s to activate Weave Self initially. This should be an instant cast.

Ooooh, okay. Can't just assume these days.

Anyway, I believe Tailored Victory does deserve some love, however, I believe the CC should stay the same cast time. It could do more than just a CC such as an additional bonus on the end depending on whatever attunement.

Fire: Burning

Water: Healing/Cleansing

Air: Blind/Vulnerability

Earth: Protection/Stability.

I think the cast time is reasonable as is, but adding more things to it could be nice.

> @"kybraga.7103" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"kybraga.7103" said:

> > > Are you concerned about this skill from a PvP aspect or are you referring to PvE where the cast time just holds it back from being useful on a breakbar?

> > >

> > > I want to ask before I apply my own two-cents.

> >

> > The cast time is less of a barrier in PvE, as the preconditions for using Tailored Victory already require you to plan ahead for far longer than the 3/4s cast time. The issues with this as a CC in PvP are obvious, however. It has multiple telegraphs baked into the design and it already has a 3/4s to activate Weave Self initially. This should be an instant cast.

>

> Ooooh, okay. Can't just assume these days.

>

> Anyway, I believe Tailored Victory does deserve some love, however, I believe the CC should stay the same cast time. It could do more than just a CC such as an additional bonus on the end depending on whatever attunement.

>

> Fire: Burning

> Water: Healing/Cleansing

> Air: Blind/Vulnerability

> Earth: Protection/Stability.

>

> I think the cast time is reasonable as is, but adding more things to it could be nice.

I think it's fine as is, you get to keep the buffs from each attunement while deciding whether to use Tailored victory or not aswell as the potential for a CC chain using that with Gale strike or Updraft

> @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > @"kybraga.7103" said:

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > @"kybraga.7103" said:

> > > > Are you concerned about this skill from a PvP aspect or are you referring to PvE where the cast time just holds it back from being useful on a breakbar?

> > > >

> > > > I want to ask before I apply my own two-cents.

> > >

> > > The cast time is less of a barrier in PvE, as the preconditions for using Tailored Victory already require you to plan ahead for far longer than the 3/4s cast time. The issues with this as a CC in PvP are obvious, however. It has multiple telegraphs baked into the design and it already has a 3/4s to activate Weave Self initially. This should be an instant cast.

> >

> > Ooooh, okay. Can't just assume these days.

> >

> > Anyway, I believe Tailored Victory does deserve some love, however, I believe the CC should stay the same cast time. It could do more than just a CC such as an additional bonus on the end depending on whatever attunement.

> >

> > Fire: Burning

> > Water: Healing/Cleansing

> > Air: Blind/Vulnerability

> > Earth: Protection/Stability.

> >

> > I think the cast time is reasonable as is, but adding more things to it could be nice.

>

> I think it's fine as is, you get to keep the buffs from each attunement while deciding whether to use Tailored victory or not aswell as the potential for a CC chain using that with Gale strike or Updraft

~~Shhhhh- I'm trying to see if I can be on both sides. I personally think there's no issues with Tailored but it just requires a bit of juking/isn't always used for CC. ~~