Skimmer quest bug / feature / event-gate

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Adzekul.3104" said:

> Several steps in, where you have to defend quaggans from Icebrood, the event is over way too fast cuz it does not scale with the number of players (hundreds) looking to do the quest. Additionally, the event has a lengthy wait and no obvious trigger. This amounts to an artificial event-gate (presumably accidentally).

>

> Please fix.

> There are only 3 waves of 5 enemies each, and nothing else, the event times out and ends and only those who somehow tagged an enemy get credit.

Either that, or it'll never end

Why Anet, after 8 years of stuck events, still hasn't made an automatic fail after x amount of minutes have passed, is beyond me.

This quest, has to be the worse piece of crap ever presented to players in a game.

Seriously, every single step after the first couple ones where you just need to talk to NPCs in POF maps (which are still laggy, so i wonder if that's why they didn't add more stuff on it) is broken.

Moshpoipoi stalls.

Help the whatever her name Largos NPC, stalls. THEN when you finally finish it, the NPC just teleports away mid dialogue, which is also fun as hell. And i'm not really a slow reader either.

The Krait actually kinda worked well enough? I guess enough people were held back by the other ones to not break it. Not that i ever even got to see the champion, because IT DOESN'T SCALE SO IT DIES IN 1 SECOND! Had to grind on normal mobs.

Then the best part, the race is broken, so you can't dive, so you have to try and do it by swiming "on foot" in the underwater parts, which unless you have some speedier professions, you won't be able to finish the race on time.

So yay for Arena Net! Congrats on your eight birthday. I hope the upcoming expansion sales don't bomb as much as your content does.

> @"AzryelVikingar.5136" said:

> > @"Ooops.8694" said:

> > At least you got that far... I'm not even able to get a certain djinn to speak. :-/

>

> Speak Miyani ... Lion's Arch / mystique forge

But i don't want to know what she sells or her thoughts on why Zommoros invite people to the forge now (that text they added with raid wing 6).

And there's no other dialog option that could refer me to her annoying boss...

Seems to be impossible to find a map instance where the Moshpoipoi event is not stuck at the moment, and as long as players try to get the guards killed to reset it or come in for that step that likely won't change anytime soon until there is a patch. So, that's the collection for now.

It's pretty wild that collections apparently come with a mandatory "wait for ages for an event to happen" step, often enough with an additional "wait for a patch for the bugged event" step. I'd rather that wasn't the case.

Why Arenanet always make those idiot decisions, people always get stuck in legendary collections because core event are broken everywhere and we always flood their support complaining about that, still someone thought it would be a good idea to add a new feature that requires us to go through all that broken stuff with events without even worrying about that happening? That is stupid.

Fix your broken game Anet.

Maybe the Content designers put in those steps intentionally so the event teams finally get that 'subtle nudge' to finally fix those bugged events after all those years. There's little things as effective as an angry mob of gamers with torches and pitchforks outside the studio gates.

> @"Jagblade.4627" said:

> Would it have been to much to ask to just let this mastery be ready to grind XP for right off the bat without having to trudge through 8 year old known broken content to unlock it?

That is exactly what I've been saying since the content drop today. All of this should instead result in a mastery point rather than a way to unlock the track itself. It seems so unnecessary and over the top for something we have waited literal years for. I wouldn't have cared if it was a crazy amount of XP either - something we could work towards upon release because of the push to get it from the get go.

It's a hellish bugged mess that's for sure but you can brute force your way around most of the issues. Going back to character select and reentering a few times got me in a working Frostgorge instance. Same with the Largos. It's not how I'd want to do this, but I want it done, so I'm not going to sit around waiting for a fix.

So first the event to kill the Icebrood is bugged and doesn't scale, then if you get past that the Quaggan NPC is bugged, then if you eventually get past that the Largos is bugged and after that the race is bugged?

Anet outdoing themselves. Either finally fix the core game or just never touch that content again, it's the same everytime new content is added that relies on old events, it breaks every single time, stalling people.

If the game gets a flood of new players with the Steam release, it's going to be a nightmare of bugged and stalled events for all those new players and I doubt they will ever make it to the expansions or proper fun and engaging content like Fractals and Raids, considering how poor the core game experience is at this point.