Elite spec Idea: Spellslinger

Headcase.4618

Here's an idea/wish for the next elite spec for eles, The spellslinger!

Lore: Some elementalists are not able to wield magic like their brethren. Fortunately, the ones in Cantha found a workaround for that by focusing the elements into specially made ammunition, thus making spell casting as easy as pulling the trigger

Weapon: Dual pistols

Armor: Helm

Profession mechanic: Attunements become ammunition. Spellslingers are able to attack without needing to be attuned to a specific element, and instead uses bullets that are based on one of the four elements. These bullets last for about 15 charges, but this can be increased to 20 through e-spec trait. they're able to switch to other ammo like before but if you do with while another set of ammo is active, you will lose the leftover charges and will have to wait until cooldown to use them again

Utility skills: Tricks/Preperations

What do you think?

> @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> I predict the expansion won't have new specializations at all. My bet is that we see a new race and every profession gains access to their underwater weapon on land.

I sure hope you're wrong. Elite specs are one of my favorite features of the expansions. They really help to keep the game fresh for me. Also, underwater combat, while cool in concept, is really pretty terrible in execution. I hope they don't intend to make it a central feature of this expansion!

> I predict the expansion won't have new specializations at all. My bet is that we see a new race and every profession gains access to their underwater weapon on land.

They can't pass by this expectation; every players (no matter the game) want a character evolution, new gameplay etc. Personnaly, if we just have new maps but I have to explore them with the same build I have since years ... I don't buy.

Even with a reduced team, reduced budget ... I think we will have new elites spec, but there is a good chance it will be "poor" design.

Elem for example, a random F5 with an effect based on current element and utility skills copied from an other class.

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> > I predict the expansion won't have new specializations at all. My bet is that we see a new race and every profession gains access to their underwater weapon on land.

>

> They can't pass by this expectation; every players (no matter the game) want a character evolution, new gameplay etc. Personnaly, if we just have new maps but I have to explore them with the same build I have since years ... I don't buy.

> Even with a reduced team, reduced budget ... I think we will have new elites spec, but there is a good chance it will be "poor" design.

> Elem for example, a random F5 with an effect based on current element and utility skills copied from an other class.

I hope you are right. I think its fair to say we wont get a new profession. Specializations make balancing even harder so i can see why they would want to avoid it. I would be happy with at least a new weapon. Guess my expectations are low.

Also, i like this concept for ele. Ammo is a really unique way of handling attunements. Every attunement has 10 bullets and is reduced by 1 every auto or skill used. It wouldnt fit with an ele running pistol/dagger or dagger/pistol thematically though. I suggest you polish up the concept than suggest it on the suggestions wiki, since they technically cant take suggestions from the forums.

> Also, i like this concept for ele. Ammo is a really unique way of handling attunements. Every attunement has 10 bullets and is reduced by 1 every auto or skill used. It wouldnt fit with an ele running pistol/dagger or dagger/pistol thematically though. I suggest you polish up the concept than suggest it on the suggestions wiki, since they technically cant take suggestions from the forums.

That's fair. I guess I didn't take other weapon skills into consideration, Perhaps the weapon skills on their own would just use arcane energy as opposed to one of the elemental magics

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> One thing I dislike about ele is being locked into one weapon set. I was thinking maybe a conjurer that can create a weapon for each attunement. As a trade-off they would only be able to access their actual weapon via an f5 or perhaps a utility.

>

> That way we could have pistols... and whatever else!

I don't know if you've been away for a while, but they changed eles a LOT since then. Also, they already conjure weapons

> @"Headcase.4618" said:

> > @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

>

> > Also, i like this concept for ele. Ammo is a really unique way of handling attunements. Every attunement has 10 bullets and is reduced by 1 every auto or skill used. It wouldnt fit with an ele running pistol/dagger or dagger/pistol thematically though. I suggest you polish up the concept than suggest it on the suggestions wiki, since they technically cant take suggestions from the forums.

>

> That's fair. I guess I didn't take other weapon skills into consideration, Perhaps the weapon skills on their own would just use arcane energy as opposed to one of the elemental magics

>

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > One thing I dislike about ele is being locked into one weapon set. I was thinking maybe a conjurer that can create a weapon for each attunement. As a trade-off they would only be able to access their actual weapon via an f5 or perhaps a utility.

> >

> > That way we could have pistols... and whatever else!

>

> I don't know if you've been away for a while, but they changed eles a LOT since then. Also, they already conjure weapons

Yeah, but I'm talking about a set of conjures unique to this elite spec, replacing attunements rather than utilizing utility slots. They would be designed to support the class the same way a new weapon set would and, preferably overcome the limitations of a single weapon set.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Headcase.4618" said:

> > > @"FrownyClown.8402" said:

> >

> > > Also, i like this concept for ele. Ammo is a really unique way of handling attunements. Every attunement has 10 bullets and is reduced by 1 every auto or skill used. It wouldnt fit with an ele running pistol/dagger or dagger/pistol thematically though. I suggest you polish up the concept than suggest it on the suggestions wiki, since they technically cant take suggestions from the forums.

> >

> > That's fair. I guess I didn't take other weapon skills into consideration, Perhaps the weapon skills on their own would just use arcane energy as opposed to one of the elemental magics

> >

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > One thing I dislike about ele is being locked into one weapon set. I was thinking maybe a conjurer that can create a weapon for each attunement. As a trade-off they would only be able to access their actual weapon via an f5 or perhaps a utility.

> > >

> > > That way we could have pistols... and whatever else!

> >

> > I don't know if you've been away for a while, but they changed eles a LOT since then. Also, they already conjure weapons

>

> Yeah, but I'm talking about a set of conjures unique to this elite spec, replacing attunements rather than utilizing utility slots. They would be designed to support the class the same way a new weapon set would and, preferably overcome the limitations of a single weapon set.

Another cool concept but invalidates conjures so probably unlikely.

I like the idea of adding 3s to attunement CD but reducing all weapon skill CD by 33% for a specialization concept. The ultimate would reset all attunement CDs. I want a specialization that encourages staying in an attunement for a longer duration. Every single-element role players dream.