Gross Staff Teef in WvW

AikijinX.6258

Watching you play, it's really crystallizing my opinion that, although Dash is really really good on the whole, the extra dodge distance is actually kind of a double-edged sword. With a melee build like this, you often don't actually *want* to reposition by more than 200-300 units. There's a few spots where Dash is definitely forcing you to, like, "run back" when you'd rather be counterattacking immediately after evading. (Still worth it for the swiftness and condi cleanse, imo, just... tricky).

> @"ASP.8093" said:

> Watching you play, it's really crystallizing my opinion that, although Dash is really really good on the whole, the extra dodge distance is actually kind of a double-edged sword. With a melee build like this, you often don't actually *want* to reposition by more than 200-300 units. There's a few spots where Dash is definitely forcing you to, like, "run back" when you'd rather be counterattacking immediately after evading. (Still worth it for the swiftness and condi cleanse, imo, just... tricky).

It is definitely a double edged sword, but the swiftness is amazing. And the whole point of this build is to mitigate damage. Grandmaster Dash trait allows for that (for like 1-2 secs), as well as allows for weakness proc on your next attack after dodge. The point of the build is to be able to brawl safely. Running SA, but attacking like a DA. I don't care for stealth camping. I use my stealth strategically too allow for knockdowns, which is also the point to this build. (Knockdowns/Quickness/Blinds)

> @"AikijinX.6258" said:

> > @"ASP.8093" said:

> > Watching you play, it's really crystallizing my opinion that, although Dash is really really good on the whole, the extra dodge distance is actually kind of a double-edged sword. With a melee build like this, you often don't actually *want* to reposition by more than 200-300 units. There's a few spots where Dash is definitely forcing you to, like, "run back" when you'd rather be counterattacking immediately after evading. (Still worth it for the swiftness and condi cleanse, imo, just... tricky).

>

> It is definitely a double edged sword, but the swiftness is amazing. And the whole point of this build is to mitigate damage. Grandmaster Dash trait allows for that (for like 1-2 secs), as well as allows for weakness proc on your next attack after dodge. The point of the build is to be able to brawl safely. Running SA, but attacking like a DA. I don't care for stealth camping. I use my stealth strategically too allow for knockdowns, which is also the point to this build. (Knockdowns/Quickness/Blinds)

The distance is a double edged sword like on walls and some places and it also doesn't combo as well as Bound with weapon skills like Infiltrators Arrow. Still, that little distance can be clutch when you need to reach out and touch someone which is why I'm using it on Drd right now but my tactile sense is really bugging me to play Bound more again even though I mess up more with it, it's too fun.

Nice orientation on your jumps and strafing, good target turning and camera work is one of the best defenses.