REMOVE DRIZZLEWOOD JOURNALS IN THE ENEMY SUPPLY CHEST ROOMS

Joshwa.6731

I agree. I know the purpose of having them in there is to entice people to do the cache keeper content, but the loot is a good enough lure for that. Putting the journal on the ground outside the cache would be better for people looting, but it also makes more sense in lore too. The keepers are said to have 'reached' a cache when they spawn, meaning they approached it from outside to defend and didn't come out from inside it. If they're keeping journals, it'd make sense that they'd be keeping them on their person and therefore outside of the caches (which are locked until after the keepers are killed).

If there was a worry about it negatively impacting the completion of the cache events, then maybe the journals could spawn/become interactable for a limited time on the ground outside the cache bunkers after each keeper dies.

Even if this doesn't get changed for this particular interactable, it's something to bear in mind for future maps that might have similar collection items in loot rooms.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> Care to explain?

You need to do the cache keeper events to access the journals. People have been craving more Charr lore, so they'll want to read the journals and therefore do the events to get access to them which ensures people will keep doing the cache events. Players can read the wiki for the content of the journals, but some people prefer to play the game instead. ..however, the loot in the caches is enough of a lure to get people to do the events, so locking the journals in there isn't necessary - hence this thread.

I doubt the intention was to make the rooms more inefficient to loot (even if it does).

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > Care to explain?

>

> You need to do the cache keeper events to access the journals. People have been craving more Charr lore, so they'll want to read the journals and therefore do the events to get access to them which ensures people will keep doing the cache events. Players can read the wiki for the content of the journals, but some people prefer to play the game instead. ..however, the loot in the caches is enough of a lure to get people to do the events, so locking the journals in there isn't necessary - hence this thread.

>

> I doubt the intention was to make the rooms more inefficient to loot (even if it does).

You only need to access it once to read ... if that is ANet's idea of creating long lasting content then the future is bleak.