Shorter season?

Peter Panda.5629

The in-game description of the season length says the season ends on November 22, which (unless I'm missing something really obvious) makes it shorter than four weeks!

So my question is - bug or feature?

If it stated DECEMBER 22, that would put it on par with with the previous seasons in terms of its length (55 days), so I have reasonable belief that the date of November 22 has been put up by accident, especially with no formal announcement that this season is going to be considerably shorter.

Also, when they last shortened a season (a mini-season that is), they also eventually adjusted the rate at which you get rewards, but it seems that the League chests have the same progression as they always have.

So what gives?

Agreed, something is off with the PvP season duration this time around. It's the length of one of the mini-seasons, but with achievements and reward tracks being the standard 5v5 Conquest layout. It honestly leaves too little time to complete. Simplest fix is probably to extend the closing date to Dec 22.

Horrible change.

What i love about GW2 is the diversity that conquest brings when compared to wow 3v3 arena. The extra short CD mobility, the added options the terrain give you, the rotations that dramatically impact the game, etc. The 3v3 in GW2 however is a worse version of wows 3v3.

With this change, they make 3v3 and 5v5 equal in terms of duration.

Just makes it less enjoyable to play GW2. So ppl who are on the fence between GW2 and wow ...will pick wow due to this change.

> @"Peter Panda.5629" said:

> The in-game description of the season length says the season ends on November 22, which (unless I'm missing something really obvious) makes it shorter than four weeks!

> So my question is - bug or feature?

> If it stated DECEMBER 22, that would put it on par with with the previous seasons in terms of its length (55 days), so I have reasonable belief that the date of November 22 has been put up by accident, especially with no formal announcement that this season is going to be considerably shorter.

> Also, when they last shortened a season (a mini-season that is), they also eventually adjusted the rate at which you get rewards, but it seems that the League chests have the same progression as they always have.

> So what gives?

The date was now changed to Dec 22.

Nov 22 would have been a sunday, so looks like it was just a mistake.