Marshall + Crusader Build

Mikexsa.6482

As the title said, Im looking for a power build -

Mostly for playing Open World,

Berserker and Marauder is not an option.

- I've made a full Trailblazer Build and It's fun and strong but luck bursts.

I've saw Cellofrag Build which use some of the stats I've mentioned...

Any suggestions?

Marshal's armor and weapons with Celestial trinkets is what I've used since a year or two. Its got all your main stats right where you need them, and just enough survivability to allow the Ele to shine with its natural defenses and healing.

It works well with a Grieving/Celestial build in your other equipment tab for low-pressure fights.

Going full Toughness and Vitality isn't worth it on Ele, They need only enough defense to survive one-hit KOs, because Ele's true defense is in massive benefits from Healing Power and spamming Protection boon, Magnetic Aura, etc. As long as you have 1k+ healing, you can completely restore your HP with every swap to Water Attunement (or just block damage entirely with barriers on Weaver).

You'll want to use Dagger, Scepter or Sword, Staff just has too little damage unless you're full glass, but its good for support.

If you really want to go for Crusader instead, then a Crusader+Zealot's mix works well on most classes, but I think an Ele would need Crusader+Magi in high-pressure fights, and that might lower your damage too much with just Power damage alone.

If it's mostly OW then marauder is the best bet. FA tempest allows you to nearly perma blind mobs and keep ~500+ distance from everyone while doing full damage so besides extra health you dont need any other defense. Toughness contradicts the whole point of the build and healing power is generally a waste on power ele builds since they dont sustain much or the base sustain from water/arcane/heal signet (whichever you take, both water and arcane can be used in FA tempest as a 3rd spec) is enough.

Other stats include condi damage which is a waste generally , or dont give precision, which you need in big amounts. Meanwhile marauder gives you exactly everything that you need - high precision and good vitality, without sacrificing much on power and ferocity like other stats do.

Cellofrag's build is for WvW. It won't have great burst for open world play. Celestial, zealot, marshal. It's all low damage and the strategy relies on healing, which is a further damage loss. You're better off using toughness/vitality so you can stay on offense and keep dealing damage. However, there aren't any power-based stats other than marauder that can stack toughness or vitality without sacrificing a ton of damage. Hybrid doesn't work well either as you're forced to take from one damage type to support the other, resulting in lower damage overall.

What spec were you playing that you couldn't burst well with Trailblazer? Maybe try sword weaver. It has amazing burst even if you run pure condi stats. Here's a quick burst demo. You can see I ramp up to over 10k burn tick by the 3 second mark and over 20k by 5 seconds, averaging out to 16.2k DPS on a 7 second kill. This is in mostly Dire gear with a few pieces of Trailblazer. How much burst do you need?

Here's another video demonstrating how you can keep your damage up with this build without rotating to water even against tough opponents. If you can time your evades well, toughness/vitality will take the edge off the damage you do take, allowing you to stay in there dealing damage. If you start kiting around and healing, you're going to deal no damage and prolong the fight.

Build Link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwmYXMJmJOKXdvaA-zRRYcRDHHZQjlROJQmFgDzSVSbA-e

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> Cellofrag's build is for WvW. It won't have great burst for open world play. Celestial, zealot, marshal. It's all low damage and the strategy relies on healing, which is a further damage loss. You're better off using toughness/vitality so you can stay on offense and keep dealing damage. However, there aren't any power-based stats other than marauder that can stack toughness or vitality without sacrificing a ton of damage. Hybrid doesn't work well either as you're forced to take from one damage type to support the other, resulting in lower damage overall.

>

> What spec were you playing that you couldn't burst well with Trailblazer? Maybe try sword weaver. It has amazing burst even if you run pure condi stats. Here's a quick burst demo. You can see I ramp up to over 10k burn tick by the 3 second mark and over 20k by 5 seconds, averaging out to 16.2k DPS on a 7 second kill. This is in mostly Dire gear with a few pieces of Trailblazer. How much burst do you need?

>

>

>

> Here's another video demonstrating how you can keep your damage up with this build without rotating to water even against tough opponents. If you can time your evades well, toughness/vitality will take the edge off the damage you do take, allowing you to stay in there dealing damage. If you start kiting around and healing, you're going to deal no damage and prolong the fight.

>

>

>

>

> Build Link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwmYXMJmJOKXdvaA-zRRYcRDHHZQjlROJQmFgDzSVSbA-e

>

>

>

If really looking for a condition build, condition firebrand can do same or even better burst damage, with a bit more range, better cleave and easier to use than weaver.

The only disadvantage of it against condition weaver is no evade frame, and less mobility, and less direct damage mitigation. But on compensation have instant cast aegis, and way better group utility.

No offense, I like weaver really much too. I use it to do cms+t4 every day and clear raid weekly, and deal with tough open world boss/bounties. Just saying the fact here.

----

As for a power build, the only really meta open world power build of elementalist is scepter+X tempest. Rest is either too squishy or lack boons.

Thief actually has many really good open world builds and easy to learn. You can have crazy life siphon by taking Invigorating Precision in critical strikes.

Can have crazy range if you run rifle deadeye. That means, in a big group content, you can sniping Drakkar or other boss at a very safe spot while watching netflix meanwhile others are so terrified of bosses attack. (kidding about netflix. Don't do it. :)

Can have good melee build with staff daredevil. It is more mobile, and brings a lot of weakness which increases your chance of survival against vets and trash mobs. Can bring dual pistol too for some range.

----

Maybe power renegade? Also very great life siphon and damage through battle scars, way more AOE damage and AOE control than thief.

----

Or power reaper? Doing open world like walking in a park.

So, Dear Anet. Please buff open world elementalist build... Especially power build.

One way to do this is to buff arcane's damage trait, both specialization and utility. They feel so underwhelming right now.

Another way is to make conjure better or just like kit... Almost no one really want your conjure lol. It is a dps loss for most classes to even pick it up and use skills. I never understand why conjures has 60/180 second cooldown, affecting at most 2 people while things like "One wolf Pack" has only 60 seconds cooldown.

> @"Jacky.7658" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > Cellofrag's build is for WvW. It won't have great burst for open world play. Celestial, zealot, marshal. It's all low damage and the strategy relies on healing, which is a further damage loss. You're better off using toughness/vitality so you can stay on offense and keep dealing damage. However, there aren't any power-based stats other than marauder that can stack toughness or vitality without sacrificing a ton of damage. Hybrid doesn't work well either as you're forced to take from one damage type to support the other, resulting in lower damage overall.

> >

> > What spec were you playing that you couldn't burst well with Trailblazer? Maybe try sword weaver. It has amazing burst even if you run pure condi stats. Here's a quick burst demo. You can see I ramp up to over 10k burn tick by the 3 second mark and over 20k by 5 seconds, averaging out to 16.2k DPS on a 7 second kill. This is in mostly Dire gear with a few pieces of Trailblazer. How much burst do you need?

> >

> >

> >

> > Here's another video demonstrating how you can keep your damage up with this build without rotating to water even against tough opponents. If you can time your evades well, toughness/vitality will take the edge off the damage you do take, allowing you to stay in there dealing damage. If you start kiting around and healing, you're going to deal no damage and prolong the fight.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Build Link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwmYXMJmJOKXdvaA-zRRYcRDHHZQjlROJQmFgDzSVSbA-e

> >

> >

> >

>

> If really looking for a condition build, condition firebrand can do same or even better burst damage, with a bit more range, better cleave and easier to use than weaver.

>

> The only disadvantage of it against condition weaver is no evade frame, and less mobility, and less direct damage mitigation. But on compensation have instant cast aegis, and way better group utility.

>

> No offense, I like weaver really much too. I use it to do cms+t4 every day and clear raid weekly. Just saying the fact here.

>

>

>

None taken. But this is the elementalist topic, so firebrand didn't seem particularly relevant to the discussion. ;)

> > @"Jacky.7658" said:

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > Cellofrag's build is for WvW. It won't have great burst for open world play. Celestial, zealot, marshal. It's all low damage and the strategy relies on healing, which is a further damage loss. You're better off using toughness/vitality so you can stay on offense and keep dealing damage. However, there aren't any power-based stats other than marauder that can stack toughness or vitality without sacrificing a ton of damage. Hybrid doesn't work well either as you're forced to take from one damage type to support the other, resulting in lower damage overall.

> > >

> > > What spec were you playing that you couldn't burst well with Trailblazer? Maybe try sword weaver. It has amazing burst even if you run pure condi stats. Here's a quick burst demo. You can see I ramp up to over 10k burn tick by the 3 second mark and over 20k by 5 seconds, averaging out to 16.2k DPS on a 7 second kill. This is in mostly Dire gear with a few pieces of Trailblazer. How much burst do you need?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Here's another video demonstrating how you can keep your damage up with this build without rotating to water even against tough opponents. If you can time your evades well, toughness/vitality will take the edge off the damage you do take, allowing you to stay in there dealing damage. If you start kiting around and healing, you're going to deal no damage and prolong the fight.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Build Link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwmYXMJmJOKXdvaA-zRRYcRDHHZQjlROJQmFgDzSVSbA-e

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > If really looking for a condition build, condition firebrand can do same or even better burst damage, with a bit more range, better cleave and easier to use than weaver.

> >

> > The only disadvantage of it against condition weaver is no evade frame, and less mobility, and less direct damage mitigation. But on compensation have instant cast aegis, and way better group utility.

> >

> > No offense, I like weaver really much too. I use it to do cms+t4 every day and clear raid weekly. Just saying the fact here.

> >

> >

> >

>

> None taken. But this is the elementalist topic, so firebrand didn't seem particularly relevant to the discussion. ;)

It is more of another answer from me to ask for a buff to ele, actually. :/

> @"Jacky.7658" said:

> > > @"Jacky.7658" said:

> > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > Cellofrag's build is for WvW. It won't have great burst for open world play. Celestial, zealot, marshal. It's all low damage and the strategy relies on healing, which is a further damage loss. You're better off using toughness/vitality so you can stay on offense and keep dealing damage. However, there aren't any power-based stats other than marauder that can stack toughness or vitality without sacrificing a ton of damage. Hybrid doesn't work well either as you're forced to take from one damage type to support the other, resulting in lower damage overall.

> > > >

> > > > What spec were you playing that you couldn't burst well with Trailblazer? Maybe try sword weaver. It has amazing burst even if you run pure condi stats. Here's a quick burst demo. You can see I ramp up to over 10k burn tick by the 3 second mark and over 20k by 5 seconds, averaging out to 16.2k DPS on a 7 second kill. This is in mostly Dire gear with a few pieces of Trailblazer. How much burst do you need?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Here's another video demonstrating how you can keep your damage up with this build without rotating to water even against tough opponents. If you can time your evades well, toughness/vitality will take the edge off the damage you do take, allowing you to stay in there dealing damage. If you start kiting around and healing, you're going to deal no damage and prolong the fight.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Build Link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwmYXMJmJOKXdvaA-zRRYcRDHHZQjlROJQmFgDzSVSbA-e

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > If really looking for a condition build, condition firebrand can do same or even better burst damage, with a bit more range, better cleave and easier to use than weaver.

> > >

> > > The only disadvantage of it against condition weaver is no evade frame, and less mobility, and less direct damage mitigation. But on compensation have instant cast aegis, and way better group utility.

> > >

> > > No offense, I like weaver really much too. I use it to do cms+t4 every day and clear raid weekly. Just saying the fact here.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > None taken. But this is the elementalist topic, so firebrand didn't seem particularly relevant to the discussion. ;)

>

> It is more of another answer from me to ask for a buff to ele, actually. :/

There's definitely something to be said about ele having to work harder to produce results that other classes can manage just rolling face across keyboard.

> > @"Jacky.7658" said:

> > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > @"Jacky.7658" said:

> > > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > Cellofrag's build is for WvW. It won't have great burst for open world play. Celestial, zealot, marshal. It's all low damage and the strategy relies on healing, which is a further damage loss. You're better off using toughness/vitality so you can stay on offense and keep dealing damage. However, there aren't any power-based stats other than marauder that can stack toughness or vitality without sacrificing a ton of damage. Hybrid doesn't work well either as you're forced to take from one damage type to support the other, resulting in lower damage overall.

> > > > >

> > > > > What spec were you playing that you couldn't burst well with Trailblazer? Maybe try sword weaver. It has amazing burst even if you run pure condi stats. Here's a quick burst demo. You can see I ramp up to over 10k burn tick by the 3 second mark and over 20k by 5 seconds, averaging out to 16.2k DPS on a 7 second kill. This is in mostly Dire gear with a few pieces of Trailblazer. How much burst do you need?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Here's another video demonstrating how you can keep your damage up with this build without rotating to water even against tough opponents. If you can time your evades well, toughness/vitality will take the edge off the damage you do take, allowing you to stay in there dealing damage. If you start kiting around and healing, you're going to deal no damage and prolong the fight.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Build Link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwmYXMJmJOKXdvaA-zRRYcRDHHZQjlROJQmFgDzSVSbA-e

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > If really looking for a condition build, condition firebrand can do same or even better burst damage, with a bit more range, better cleave and easier to use than weaver.

> > > >

> > > > The only disadvantage of it against condition weaver is no evade frame, and less mobility, and less direct damage mitigation. But on compensation have instant cast aegis, and way better group utility.

> > > >

> > > > No offense, I like weaver really much too. I use it to do cms+t4 every day and clear raid weekly. Just saying the fact here.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > None taken. But this is the elementalist topic, so firebrand didn't seem particularly relevant to the discussion. ;)

> >

> > It is more of another answer from me to ask for a buff to ele, actually. :/

>

> There's definitely something to be said about ele having to work harder to produce results that other classes can manage just rolling face across keyboard.

>

>

The difference is that Ele is nearly invulnerable when played properly, which is why its designed that way. Its the only class that can be set up and trained to play without dying at any point except by being completely overwhelmed.

Everything else can be slowly wittled down, even the venerable Thief has a limited reset capability.

This is mostly because at the end of the day, the number of skills you have determines the outcome of battles. It gives you more tools to use in every situation, less struggling with cast times and cooldowns, and more movement options. Most classes become about positioning and buying time for specific skills to recharge, while Ele is about a never-ending stream of pressure.

its like comparing someone who has to sleep to someone who can be awake all the time.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > @"Jacky.7658" said:

> > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > @"Jacky.7658" said:

> > > > > > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > > > > Cellofrag's build is for WvW. It won't have great burst for open world play. Celestial, zealot, marshal. It's all low damage and the strategy relies on healing, which is a further damage loss. You're better off using toughness/vitality so you can stay on offense and keep dealing damage. However, there aren't any power-based stats other than marauder that can stack toughness or vitality without sacrificing a ton of damage. Hybrid doesn't work well either as you're forced to take from one damage type to support the other, resulting in lower damage overall.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What spec were you playing that you couldn't burst well with Trailblazer? Maybe try sword weaver. It has amazing burst even if you run pure condi stats. Here's a quick burst demo. You can see I ramp up to over 10k burn tick by the 3 second mark and over 20k by 5 seconds, averaging out to 16.2k DPS on a 7 second kill. This is in mostly Dire gear with a few pieces of Trailblazer. How much burst do you need?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Here's another video demonstrating how you can keep your damage up with this build without rotating to water even against tough opponents. If you can time your evades well, toughness/vitality will take the edge off the damage you do take, allowing you to stay in there dealing damage. If you start kiting around and healing, you're going to deal no damage and prolong the fight.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Build Link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwmYXMJmJOKXdvaA-zRRYcRDHHZQjlROJQmFgDzSVSbA-e

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > If really looking for a condition build, condition firebrand can do same or even better burst damage, with a bit more range, better cleave and easier to use than weaver.

> > > > >

> > > > > The only disadvantage of it against condition weaver is no evade frame, and less mobility, and less direct damage mitigation. But on compensation have instant cast aegis, and way better group utility.

> > > > >

> > > > > No offense, I like weaver really much too. I use it to do cms+t4 every day and clear raid weekly. Just saying the fact here.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > None taken. But this is the elementalist topic, so firebrand didn't seem particularly relevant to the discussion. ;)

> > >

> > > It is more of another answer from me to ask for a buff to ele, actually. :/

> >

> > There's definitely something to be said about ele having to work harder to produce results that other classes can manage just rolling face across keyboard.

> >

> >

>

> The difference is that Ele is nearly invulnerable when played properly, which is why its designed that way. Its the only class that can be set up and trained to play without dying at any point except by being completely overwhelmed.

>

I think you are talking about WvW ele who take mist form etc. things.

If you are talking about PVP, then weaver was nearly invulnerable point holder in the past :o But nerfed very long ago.

In open world PVE it is absolutely not invulnerable.. Far less so than renegade, condi herald, minion reaper etc. Also it really lacks range damage. Only scepter, warhorn, staff can do it, but each has very obvious shortcomings. (Mainly slow proc and too static and slowly expanding field)

Also I said earlier something about thief. Here is a [image ](https://postimg.cc/PpsvkwnK) of using deadeye thief to do TD meta like walking in a park. Super strong life siphon and range damage. Kinda sucks when surrounded by mobs but can take a shortbow to cleave and run away.