No DRM rewards

Turial.1293

The community event and achievement told people to turn in 'tokens' and the release gave people two new currencies, neither of which was called a token. That people were inevitably confused by this should surprise no one.

This event also made the same mistake as previous rushes, where the goal wasn't just to complete the tasks, but to _spend_ the currency, something that was conveyed poorly and counterintuitive in a game that usually trains people to save currency for long-term goal purchases later on. Seeing this mechanic generate confusion in the past should have prompted them to either try something else or do a better job of conveying the terms of their event. And finally, this event required you to manually talk to an NPC to collect a reward instead of simply receiving it upon entering the Eye of the North after a reward tier is completed.

Three separate NPCs, two currencies, inaccurate messaging in the achievement and event text, baffling 7-day timer for a patch meant to span 2 weeks.

They made players do more to get their reward while giving them less instruction. Not ideal. It didn't matter so much because this event had pretty lukewarm rewards, but they really need to pay attention to how this went when designing similar things in the future.

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> The community event and achievement told people to turn in 'tokens' and the release gave people two new currencies, neither of which was called a token. That people were inevitably confused by this should surprise no one.

>

> This event also made the same mistake as previous rushes, where the goal wasn't just to complete the tasks, but to _spend_ the currency, something that was conveyed poorly and counterintuitive in a game that usually trains people to save currency for long-term goal purchases later on. Seeing this mechanic generate confusion in the past should have prompted them to either try something else or do a better job of conveying the terms of their event. And finally, this event required you to manually talk to an NPC to collect a reward instead of simply receiving it upon entering the Eye of the North after a reward tier is completed.

>

> Three separate NPCs, two currencies, inaccurate messaging in the achievement and event text, baffling 7-day timer for a patch meant to span 2 weeks.

>

> They made players do more to get their reward while giving them less instruction. Not ideal. It didn't matter so much because this event had pretty lukewarm rewards, but they really need to pay attention to how this went when designing similar things in the future.

I agree completely. I think this has been one of, if not the worst, rollouts. Very poorly executed. Would have been far more interesting if they had just added new events in the existing core maps.

> @"Turial.1293" said:

> As above, what was the point of the tiers? I did a fair few missions, I turned in my seals and didn't get anything from the event afterwards. Someone said speaking to Lokka was how to get them but I didn't get anything.

It's not too late to pick up your rewards, if you participated in the 'Community Event'.

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> The community event and achievement told people to turn in 'tokens' and the release gave people two new currencies, neither of which was called a token. That people were inevitably confused by this should surprise no one.

>

> This event also made the same mistake as previous rushes, where the goal wasn't just to complete the tasks, but to _spend_ the currency, something that was conveyed poorly and counterintuitive in a game that usually trains people to save currency for long-term goal purchases later on. Seeing this mechanic generate confusion in the past should have prompted them to either try something else or do a better job of conveying the terms of their event. And finally, this event required you to manually talk to an NPC to collect a reward instead of simply receiving it upon entering the Eye of the North after a reward tier is completed.

>

> Three separate NPCs, two currencies, inaccurate messaging in the achievement and event text, baffling 7-day timer for a patch meant to span 2 weeks.

>

> They made players do more to get their reward while giving them less instruction. Not ideal. It didn't matter so much because this event had pretty lukewarm rewards, but they really need to pay attention to how this went when designing similar things in the future.

Lack of desirable things to spend those tokens on didn't help. At least that is why I still haven't spent most of mine.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Turial.1293" said:

> > As above, what was the point of the tiers? I did a fair few missions, I turned in my seals and didn't get anything from the event afterwards. Someone said speaking to Lokka was how to get them but I didn't get anything.

>

> It's not too late to pick up your rewards, if you participated in the 'Community Event'.

Yeah I turned my crystals in today and talked to Lokka to collect them, @"AgentMoore.9453" expressed the sentiment perfectly. Terrible rewards matched with terrible execution and information surrounding the event and If I'm being honest, it was pretty dull to boot. I have better things to grind in this game and hours of the same 3 bosses is not profitable nor interesting. I will say that it was better than fixing signposts though, 2/10.