We never learn... blobs are not good for WvW... (ref DAOC.. just take it) Worst and Worst :'(

Mrgreen.8623

@"Dawdler.8521" ur rather the three rangers that explode nearby without anyone aiming on them thaha. this number stacking u talk of just led to the still casual gankergroups. roaming have earlier been rather few players, lately are at least 4-5 during the day. some guilds even focused on group-roaming for the sake of ganks, whatever skill u interprete into that. barely anyone effectively does 4v1s now, at least i nearly never see it. even the duel people got more rare, probably bc of the smallscale groups numbers have risen so much.

this is not elitism, Wvw was obviously a end-game format. just by now even the rewards are so grossly outdated that it doesn't feel like it. you get more loot of maybe even better quality from hitting world bosses with your storycharacter two times while the other people just 1111 it down on full zerker gear with a ton of unnecessary damage. never even have to know what your skills do that way. u can get away with most things most times. even zergs cannot catch too mobile classes since the kittenclaw moves equal speed for everyone by now.

these 1111ers are recognizable in Wvw on the "full dead" symbol... get pulled on walls 24/7, die in the first push en masse (losing 10 players to kitten bombs isn't rare anymore) etc. people don't even bother to learn Wvw.

@"viniebc.9568" i think u refer to a good point. i mean the "wvw masteries" got no update outside of the damned warclaw since a very long time yet even. Wvw as such didn't develop really since probably like 5 years

like, at about rank 1200 ur nearly maxed out, at rank 10.000 u get a pepe title that was far easier to farm for years ago. (killspeed generates high ranks obviously way faster)

-> there's therefore like 8000 useless ranks inbetween. only your pip-income increases by that.

even the Wvw-infusion cannot get more upgrades. the legendary armor requirements even got lowered if i recall right. events are like happening 1 week a year. 7/365 days.

@"Mrgreen.8623" surely has a point. the target cap probably is better for server performance, but combined with the damage reductions on all ends basically the combat got made to leave you much space for mistakes.

just, ur not right in the part that small groups cannot wreck big ones. if u split a zerg, my ex-Guild rekt up to 50 players while been often between 18-22 only. meta destroys more casual zergs. blobs however are usually too big, especially the rare zoneblobs (mapcaps are 70~, getting 50-60 ppl onto tag is hard work)

as swagger says, probably this was discussed for some time yet. i first entered wvw in march 2019, with full dmg and no target caps afaik. on a storyequipped character. i died my way to learning the mode, and i learnt the game really when entering my guild. the bad system of the player distribution however and the lack of a "serious mode" for fights just made it often a clown fiesta. old great servers constantly die and try to reform themselves. it's probably way more casual by now than it is years ago, part of this is because you will rarely just get oneshot as a kitten even.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic