Infiltrator's Arrow Rebalance Idea

vardeleanu.8972

I'm sure everyone on this tread saw the last patch. It is no news that thief players absolutely hate the nerfs, while other people say it was justified since thief was, and still is, way more mobile than any other class. Combined with active defenses such as stealth and evade it can make thief a very frustrating class to play against, and the nerfed helped with preventing thieves from ~~freely~~ disengaging from any lost fight. However, the out of combat mobility that thief provides has become a staple of the class, and the nerf hit heavily on that end as well.

So here is my proposal : make infiltrator's arrow cost 11 initiative.

_However_ , when the projectiles hits terrain without an enemy target, it refunds 9 initiative. This would add back a portion of that lost mobility, while forcing thieves to think harder about engaging in fights that might leave them vulnerable.

Maybe the projectile could be made unblockable so it doesn't get destroyed by projectile destroying skills, or maybe not. Idk if that would be a good idea. Anyway, I made this a different post than the previous ones because I'd like to see a place where people suggest how to adjust this specific skill to fix the issues, rather than complain about all the nerfs being too harsh or too little.

-Stealth isn't a defense and not every build has extra evades and mobility is totally fair for thief health pool and lack of passive and reactive mitigation or defense but even that isn't prevalent on every build.

-Making things cost more Initiative is the opposite of what the devs should do and I would feel bad for suggesting a change like that to another players class.

-Either for mobility or for the blind or for the climbing, I rarely have a target selected.

-thieves already think hard about engaging, that's most of the problem other players have with thieves.