Commanders Should Have Time Limits

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

> @Turk.5460 said:

> Why are people still taking OP seriously and responding to his topics? You are only making him think this is OK behavior. PSA to anyone who is new here: the OP makes a post every week asking for some aspect of WvW that _he personally does not like_ to be changed or removed. It is getting very silly, to the point where OP recently said that _he doesn't think roaming was an intended form of play._

Thanks, I reported the thread as trolling / non-constructive. I figured it was such after I finished responding.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Often they do not have a choice, what will you do split when enemy throws zoneblob on you. Its not as simple as you thing. If the main tag faces a zoneblob, and the smaller one does not help and as a result the main one gets outnumbered and defeated, then the anger is well placed. Very few very good commanders can effectively cooperate.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> I've seen tons of maps with 2 tags on it. One tag with the majority of the zerg in it who map hop, and another tag trying to form a zerg.

>

> Everyone will attack the commander with the smaller squad by calling them a troll tag, or some other personal insult.

>

> Commanders shouldn't be able to monopolize all maps like this.

Huh. That's weird. I am on BG as well and rarely do I see this behavior. Especially as a small group that will run tagged often.

I am surprised, as even one of our guilds that can be very trolly hasn't had an issue with it.

I also play NA prime, so I am not sure where or how these situations are happening. Could be happening on other time zones, but this is the first I have heard.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > I've seen tons of maps with 2 tags on it. One tag with the majority of the zerg in it who map hop, and another tag trying to form a zerg.

> >

> > Everyone will attack the commander with the smaller squad by calling them a troll tag, or some other personal insult.

> >

> > Commanders shouldn't be able to monopolize all maps like this.

>

> Huh. That's weird. I am on BG as well and rarely do I see this behavior. Especially as a small group that will run tagged often.

>

> I am surprised, as even one of our guilds that can be very trolly hasn't had an issue with it.

>

> I also play NA prime, so I am not sure where or how these situations are happening. Could be happening on other time zones, but this is the first I have heard.

>

I'm not on BG, and I don't want to share what server im on as many of you seem to want to come harass me...

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > I've seen tons of maps with 2 tags on it. One tag with the majority of the zerg in it who map hop, and another tag trying to form a zerg.

> > >

> > > Everyone will attack the commander with the smaller squad by calling them a troll tag, or some other personal insult.

> > >

> > > Commanders shouldn't be able to monopolize all maps like this.

> >

> > Huh. That's weird. I am on BG as well and rarely do I see this behavior. Especially as a small group that will run tagged often.

> >

> > I am surprised, as even one of our guilds that can be very trolly hasn't had an issue with it.

> >

> > I also play NA prime, so I am not sure where or how these situations are happening. Could be happening on other time zones, but this is the first I have heard.

> >

>

> I'm not on BG, and I don't want to share what server im on as many of you seem to want to come harass me...

My apologies then. I have the wrong person.

Very bad idea...we have a shortage of commanders as it is on DB/GoM/Kain...might have 2-3 commanding over all 4 maps during prime time, so your plan would cause smaller servers to suddenly have no commanders because a stupid timer ran out. In other words, you just want your enemies to be unorganized since your server has plenty of commanders, right? Please think about all the consequences for every server before making suggestions in the future, as opposed to these typically selfish requests that you seem to make on a regular basis.

Yeah ruin things for guild groups that run a tag... Maybe you should be complaining about anet not adding squad markers/targets to non-squads and the lack of private guild tags that only guildies can see. (Anet has replied to this and said that they will never do this because it will discourage people to play if they see no tags)

Please actually think about what would happen if your suggestions were ever added, it would actually accelerate the death of the gamemode.

> I feel that commanders should not be able to tag up for hours upon hours in wvw. Its very unfair to other commanders who would like to tag up on the map. It's even worse when commanders jump maps and upon returning to the original map, demand that whoever tagged up in the interim tag down.

>

> If a commander challenges these commanders who are tagged up forever on this, I've noticed many of the followers of their squad or their guild mates bully whoever was trying to tag up, sometimes mercilessly.

>

> I think commanders should have at a maximum a 1hr tag time followed by a mandatory 1 hr to 30 min tag down time across all wvw maps, so that other commanders get a chance. Other commanders would like to participate and get the extra pips too without being harassed or having all of the commanding monopolized on all maps by one person.

I believe it is a bad idea.....I cherish your desire for fairness to others though :)

Ooo! What about "Commanders Should Have Time Limits"

ANet could look for anyone with access to a commander tag, let them play in WvW for 1 hour, then kick them from the game mode for 1.5 hours. Yeah, that would be an awesome idea too! Solve that pesky commander tag problem real fast. Oooh! They could do that for mentor tags in PvE too! Anyone with access to a mentor tag can play for 1 hour and then they're logged off of the game for 1.5 hours. :)

On a more on-topic note, my server sometimes has multiple tags of the same color and while a little bit confusing sometimes, I haven't heard of people bickering over it. Most of the time we have a dearth of tags on maps. Map hopping occurs because people are trying to defend/attack objectives that are seeing activity, or avoid being attacked and looking for objectives that have no enemy focus and complaining about that is futile and changing the ability to map hop, especially with tag is bad. The idea of placing a time limit on tags is kind of dumb. What they COULD do is if there are multiple tags of the same shape and color, they could give each one a unique identifier, such as a number (1, 2, 3, etc.) on the tag.

Also, create the ability to go into private mode in which only people who are in the squad can see tag they're following. Perhaps give it a unique color/shape that people in that squad would only ever see one on their own maps. That way, if someone's running a guild only or other private squad they could be active without drawing attention to themselves. Commanders in my guild will often form a squad, then have to leave and rejoin it to remove their tag in times that we're running a small group and we don't want randoms following us.

> > > I've seen tons of maps with 2 tags on it. One tag with the majority of the zerg in it who map hop, and another tag trying to form a zerg.

> > >

> > > Everyone will attack the commander with the smaller squad by calling them a troll tag, or some other personal insult.

> > >

> >

> > Huh. That's weird. I am on BG as well and rarely do I see this behavior. Especially as a small group that will run tagged often.

> >

> > I am surprised, as even one of our guilds that can be very trolly hasn't had an issue with it.

> >

> > I also play NA prime, so I am not sure where or how these situations are happening. Could be happening on other time zones, but this is the first I have heard.

> >

>

> I'm not on BG, and I don't want to share what server im on as many of you seem to want to come harass me...

It's fairly simple to find out....

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

I do not want you harassed, but I recall the discussion on the old forum talking about registering for the BG TS https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/Blackgate-US where you discussed how you were having issues getting verified while standing in front of the admin. While you may have transferred etc., but you have your account name being displayed on this public forum like the rest of us, it is straightforward to go look up the server you are on. I am not going to waste time doing it, but I want you to realize that the information you do not want to broadcast is readily available.

It doesn't really matter what server you're on unless people care enough to find out so they can harass you for the things you say on these forums.

Although, you did state in an old forum post that you were on a particular server that excluded people from squads for a number of reasons, which started the string of perhaps unfavorable responses you'll see in many of your threads today. Suggestions were offered to you awhile back to consider another server, which perhaps you did. Good for you I suppose.

However, if you've found yourself on another host server and the tagging exclusions and / or toxicity towards players or even other tags are still happening, that would be more those particular commanders ego. And for lack of a better word, punishments, should not be inflicted on every tag because a few have decided they are the king (or queen) of their server.

Remember everyone saying no one has the right to tell a commander how to run his squad? This still applies, even for kings (or queens), but in the same hand, commanders do not have the right and should not submit if they are told to tag down, switch colors perhaps, help out with a big problem even, only asking though, not forcing. They paid for that tag and can use it however they please.

Now, if you've found yourself on a guest server, the good news is your group will change this Friday. And with change comes alot of people moving to a different server because they didn't like said change.

Not that we guests or even hosts, don't experience an adjustment period every 2 months, but trolling and egos usually take a back seat to optimism and newness for the first week or so. After that, it's usually back to this. And sadly, it's usually worse for those on an unnamed server. One either adjusts, transfers, counts the days to the next switch or just quits, but, the choice ours.

Guess it breaks down differently on the blob servers.

Non-blob server:

10% of the time I see 2 commanders on the same map (reset for example)

30% of the time I see 1 commander on the map I'm on (although I'm usually tower scouting/flipping camps/back capping)

30% of the time I see no commander on the map (not outmanned)

30% of the time I have the outmanned buff

That said, there is no reason a small guild can't tag up and run a havoc/or practice leading. I don't think we need to set a time limit on anyone tagged, people just need to accept that other/small groups may also want to play on that map and be tagged.