[Suggestions] Skyscale load priority

Adibas.6982

That's a really simple short suggestion.

Please lower the rendering priority of player characters currently riding a skyscale.

Skyscale flapping animation can be pretty obnoxious on its own but it is what it is. To some extent it cant be "fixed".

The problem occurs when a large gathering of players uses them in a limited space at the same time.

There are some people who knowingly abuse this issue. By going to any player gathering and useing skyscale float on a minimal possible height.

Lowering rendering priority of characters currently floating on a skyscale (while you are not floating) will lessen this issue for anyone not capable of rendering every player in the area.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Adibas.6982" said:

> > Lowering rendering priority of characters currently floating on a skyscale (while you are not floating) will lessen this issue for a large amount of population.

> This assumes that this is an issue for a large amount of the population.

>

I have corrected the wording that bothered you :D

> @"Adibas.6982" said:

> That's a really simple short suggestion.

> Please lower the rendering priority of player characters currently riding a skyscale.

> Skyscale flapping animation can be pretty obnoxious on its own but it is what it is. To some extent it cant be "fixed".

> The problem occurs when a large gathering of players uses them in a limited space at the same time.

>

> There are some people who knowingly abuse this issue. By going to any player gathering and useing skyscale float on a minimal possible height.

>

> Lowering rendering priority of characters currently floating on a skyscale (while you are not floating) will lessen this issue for anyone not capable of rendering every player in the area.

Completely agree. The wing flapping animation of someone hovering nearby is very irritating while I'm on the ground, so I always end up moving away. If I see someone else is on the ground while I'm in the air, I try to go higher or bring the skyscale to rest somewhere.

But as you said, there are people who will deliberately get their skyscale wings in your face. Once while waiting for a world boss I asked someone to stop it. They assumed I had no skyscale of my own (I do) and was just jealous. Then they encouraged other people to join in the trolling. Not a fun experience.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> Be careful what you wish for here. Anet is just as likely to enforce an automatic dismount when at a certain distance from the ground. That will make a lot of players unhappy.

huh, how would that work? In any case shiny skyscales flapping their wings in your face while waiting for Tequatl etc, are actually quite the issue. Anet could rly try to tone down things for people who dont particularly like that. And I think its many.

> @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > Be careful what you wish for here. Anet is just as likely to enforce an automatic dismount when at a certain distance from the ground. That will make a lot of players unhappy.

>

> huh, how would that work? In any case shiny skyscales flapping their wings in your face while waiting for Tequatl etc, are actually quite the issue. Anet could rly try to tone down things for people who dont particularly like that. And I think its many.

How? Just like with jumping puzzles. They could set a threshold of being less than so far from the ground would automatically dismount the player.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > Be careful what you wish for here. Anet is just as likely to enforce an automatic dismount when at a certain distance from the ground. That will make a lot of players unhappy.

> >

> > huh, how would that work? In any case shiny skyscales flapping their wings in your face while waiting for Tequatl etc, are actually quite the issue. Anet could rly try to tone down things for people who dont particularly like that. And I think its many.

>

> How? Just like with jumping puzzles. They could set a threshold of being less than so far from the ground would automatically dismount the player.

I'm proposing just a minor visual adjustment.

Dismounting cap is not something to fear because there is no reason to implement changes in game mechanics.

However a cyclic static animation taking up to half of a screen for a group of players at a time is an issue to be addressed.

> @"Adibas.6982" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > Be careful what you wish for here. Anet is just as likely to enforce an automatic dismount when at a certain distance from the ground. That will make a lot of players unhappy.

> > >

> > > huh, how would that work? In any case shiny skyscales flapping their wings in your face while waiting for Tequatl etc, are actually quite the issue. Anet could rly try to tone down things for people who dont particularly like that. And I think its many.

> >

> > How? Just like with jumping puzzles. They could set a threshold of being less than so far from the ground would automatically dismount the player.

>

> I'm proposing just a minor visual adjustment.

> Dismounting cap is not something to fear because there is no reason to implement changes in game mechanics.

> However a cyclic static animation taking up to half of a screen for a group of players at a time is an issue to be addressed.

Oh, I understand completely what you're suggesting. My point is to be careful what you wish for as Anet may implement something different to achieve the same result.