The Glimpse of the Future (End of Dragon new art teasers)

EdwinLi.1284

> @"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

> Well the issue with all this is that DSD is a total mystery so we may not know what applies to him. Supposedly, he should be Kralkatorrik's oppossite, since Jormag has Primordus and Zhaitan had Mordremoth. But we were never led to believe that it was the case. So what if the DSD functions different than his brethren? All kinds of things could apply to him despite being an Elder Dragon.

>

> The possibilities are endless. The storyboard team can find any excuses to get us where they want. Which is very exciting, but we just have to hope they don't contradict already established facts.

The DSD is not a _total_ mystery, and certain things are known about it - like the fact it's evil and has actively forced the krait, quaggan, and karka out of their homelands and its minions are actively fighting the largos in 1325 AE. Or that its minions are made of water and takes tentacled shapes. And there's no reason to doubt that the universal things about Elder Dragons (even Jormag and Aurene, the most radically different Elder Dragons) will be true for the DSD.

While there is a lot of room for ANet to work with - we're not even firmly established that the DSD _will_ be involved. It's just highly implied (much like Zhaitan and Mordremoth being opposites is implied, not confirmed).

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> I feel like everyone's getting obsessed over this "champion" thing just because Jormag began doing it, when it's supposed to be a bond that the old Elder Dragons simply do not do because "_evilness_". Besides, in all cases (but the Pact Commander because _Fashion Wars_), "bonded champion" rather than "corrupted champion" _still_ results in physical alteration - Caithe is crystallized, Ryland and Bangar are icy. So I don't think that this woman is the DSD's (or Kuunavang's) "bonded champion" because no watery tentacles on her.

>

> And the thing about Jormag doing it, is that they're an exceptional manipulator who has always acted different from the other Elder Dragons, particularly in how they always coerced before corrupting.

One could flip that around and point out that Cantha has always had a special relationship with dragons (especially if the Celestial Dragon that is invoked during the Dragon Festival is _not_ simply Tahmu), and Aurene formed her bond with Caithe and the Commander before she became an Elder Dragon. So it's possible that the non-Elder Dragons of Cantha, particularly powerful named examples like Kuunavang and Albax, could have their own champions... and whether it's done for the sake of fashion wars or not, the Commander is an example of a link that doesn't result in a visual change.

Heck, it's entirely likely that the celestial skills granted by Kuunavang towards the end of the Factions storyline _was_ essentially a low-key creation of bonded champions in all but name, albeit one that Kuunavang broke once it was no longer needed.

> @"draxynnic.3719" said:

>

> One could flip that around and point out that Cantha has always had a special relationship with dragons (especially if the Celestial Dragon that is invoked during the Dragon Festival is _not_ simply Tahmu), and Aurene formed her bond with Caithe and the Commander before she became an Elder Dragon. So it's possible that the non-Elder Dragons of Cantha, particularly powerful named examples like Kuunavang and Albax, could have their own champions...

This has been my thought since I saw the concept art of that woman. I think she might serve as a Champion to a elder dragon hopeful, as we did with Aurene. I have a hard time seeing the DSD seeking mortal connection based on the little we know. High dragons that might seek to replace the DSD, however, are another story. If we see any new Champion figures in EoDs, I think that's the version we'll see.

"A Promised Future" could really mean anything though. Clearly something/someone is looking toward her future (for better or worse), or trying to point her future in a specific direction.