Have fun, because you can’t take this too seriously.

tacoclaw.8251

Had a few ranked games today where a player got all bent out of shape and started lashing out at teammates. One player went afk, and then a typing war erupted. I told players to settle down because it’s just a silly game, and then some tryhards came after me saying I needed to understand how important their rankings were to them.

So here is a truth bomb: gw2 is a casual game and the pvp is a mess. You have wildly varying skill levels, and bots, and afkers, and match throwers. If you care about outcomes you are setting yourself up for misery and disappointment. Just play this game for fun and do the best you can, but caring deeply about results is a form of masochism and it makes you look ridiculous when you get angry.

Unfortunately it can be difficult to have fun in sPvP when people are actively trying to sabotage the experience, or they just make the entire thing generally unfun through either behavior, actions or otherwise.

I'd rather suffer through Fortnite than play GW2 which is exactly why I uninstalled GW2, because I would rather not erode my sanity to the extent that I would *actually* play Fortnite.

higher than Cypress Hill at a Snoop Dogg concert. I'm actually re-installing as we speak.

Word brother!!! I was shrooming and little tipsy whilst playing and I was having a blast. Just the visuals of GW2 make me high. This game is amazing high, and then these nuts come in all salty about some meaningless ranking. So funny. Do they realize how much joy they are missing out on? And I've ranged all over the rankings, and would personally rank myself a solid B. Well, B- when sober.

Reinstall and come back!!! I need you!!!

Yeah. This is this shlittliest gw2's combat has ever been. Every build is cancer that relies on CC spam and skill stacking or some other cheese to win.

Edit: While it's easy to ignore your rating when you're sub plat, when you start climbing plat it becomes harder to ignore since you at least subconsciously feel like you would be losing something by dropping rating. It's a really hard feeling to shake that would persist, I believe, even if there wasn't a pip incentive to stay in platinum. I wish I could just go back to HJ where nothing mattered, except the combat is simply not fun enough these days to justify throwing every possible reward in the bin just for a relaxed game. Not that we could anyway with the HJ and general sPvP population as low as it is.

I don't care about ranking nearly as much as every possible build option in the game being destroyed because people whine on the forums after losing to something. I have much more fun in unranked or the Arena because I can use different builds that are fun but totally unviable because they were nerfed into oblivion ages ago and nobody can say anything about me tanking their rank because I'm tired of playing meta stuff over and over.

When was the last time s/d condi teef was good? A LONG time ago but in unranked it's fun to catch people off guard with it despite having to work 6x harder than I reasonably should. I have a blast with my Sage M/T M/Sh berserker but it gets destroyed in rank by anything with range and Flashbang. The Amulet whiners are the worst, and I fully expect Demo and Sage to be gone soon because 'Zomg too tanky' and 'Condi shouldn't exist wah wah'. This is what ruins the game more than anything.