[Request] Please add a Riding Broom Glider skin without the "cat" & bats

This comes down to a matter of preference. Lots of people are going to prefer them with ornamentation; lots will not.

One difference that I'd like to point out to ANet: if you released the broom glider _without_ a cat, not many people would have felt its absence; it's unlikely that that folks would have taken time to post on the forums, "I'm not buying the glider because obviously it needs to include the Elonian Familiar or some other feline."

Personally, I prefer the cat-ful broom stick and I love the asura 'broom riding' animation. However, both together? Folks, we all know that Cats (and dogs) like to sniff the behinds of other animals, but I question whether even the master race is that curious about the Odor de Chat.

I don't really understand the argument people are making that adding the cat to it makes it "too Halloween-y" to use the rest of the year. Riding around on a broom like a witch is already plenty Halloween-y to begin with. Other than Halloween, people riding brooms isn't exactly a common thing to see. I don't see how a cat makes it worse.

Even if your reasoning for riding a broom being not "too Halloween-y" is based on something like Harry Potter and the use of riding brooms in that particular series... I mean, the Harry Potter world is also full of witches / wizards, and cats are one of the commonly-accepted pets for witches and wizards within Harry Potter itself. So if you can justify riding around on a broom all year because of HP then surely you can justify a cat on the broom using the exact same logic.

Not that I would be against an alternate version sans-cat (as long as its an alternative... I will fight you if I can't keep my broom surfing Charr with his pet cat!). Having a preference for a "less is more" approach or a less cluttered look is all well and good, I just don't understand how broom = ok for any time, but add a cat and its suddenly "Halloween only!".

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> Without even clicking, the video preview shows a black cat with her.

> Which kind of kills the argument to remove the cat.

Well, **Little Witch Academia** from 2017 shows no broom cats, so obviously cats are out of style 30 years later and should be removed from modern games /s

> Without even clicking, the video preview shows a black cat with her.

> Which kind of kills the argument to remove the cat.

But no bats! QED! Remove the bats!

...From a second version so that the original bat/cat version is still there for people who like it. :)

That's really all we're asking for. It's pretty much a permit to print more money for ANet.

I'd rather not wait until next year for a good idea like this to be fulfilled. :cry:

> @Halan.8951 said:

> Before Harry Potter there was Kiki's Delivery Service from 1989

>

>

>

And before that was the Worst Witch series (started in 1974), where the girls were expected to train their cat to ride sitting upright on the broom exactly like this.

(As the name implies both the main character and her cat were terrible at this...and most other things.)

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> And before that was the Worst Witch series (started in 1974), where the girls were expected to train their cat to ride sitting upright on the broom exactly like this.

>

> (As the name implies both the main character and her cat were terrible at this...and most other things.)

Being terrible at flying looks like a real trend for witches, including motorized ones...

On a side note, Flying Witch (2016) appears to have a black broom-riding cat too:

![](https://i.imgur.com/7E2uytH.jpg "")

I underestimated the obsession with black cats on brooms apparently. But to be fair, still no hats on cats or bats! (Or rocket sounds, for that matter.)

@_30% of forum respondants_

> I will not fly them

> with a cat

> I will not fly them

> in a hat (unless I can see my hair)

> I will not fly them

> here or there.

> I will not fly them

> anywhere.

> I do not like witch brooms & cats

> I do not like them, (apologies to) @"Danikat.8537" .''

@_different 30% of players_

> You do not like cats?

> SO you say that?

> Try the broom! Try it!

> Hat or not hat

> Try it and ... may I find a rhyme for 'cat' that means "might"...

@_the other 40%_

> why are we talking about might stacking?

Or more seriously: it really just is a matter of preference. Be nice if ANet could afford to give us more options with each new skin, even if most of us realize that's not practical.

> @Lishtenbird.2814 said:

> > @pah.4931 said:

> > Guess we'll just have to hope the updated Riding Vacuum Cleaner doesn't have a cat...

>

> *turns on glider*

>

> *manic meowing*

>

> *25 stacks of [bleeding]*

>

> Maybe not adding cats to *everything* is a sane idea... (and that's me saying as a cat person)

This D: I seriously dislike cats, mostly because of how they tend to behave. I'm a total dog-lover though. I don't mind the lack of love for dogs in the game (Though we're so lucky to have [Tali](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tali "Tali")!), but the amount of cats everywhere is just... sickening. Seriously. Not just unlikable, It's starting to be sickening for us totally non-cat people.

Having eagerly waited and many times suggested the riding broom glider, which I would have just as eagerly used on probably all of my characters , the cat on it was a total disappointment. :(

Though I still gotta admit, the fact that the broom was nevertheless released as a glider skin is awesome, and that's why I did buy it. Sadly, I'm just not very likely to use it because of the cat. That's my personal loss though, and I know I caused it myself.

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> > @Halan.8951 said:

> > Before Harry Potter there was Kiki's Delivery Service from 1989

> >

> >

> >

>

> And before that was the Worst Witch series (started in 1974), where the girls were expected to train their cat to ride sitting upright on the broom exactly like this.

>

> (As the name implies both the main character and her cat were terrible at this...and most other things.)

And before THAT was Dorrie the Witch (started 1962) who also flew with her black cat.

(Incidentally, I loved reading those books about a young witch whose hat was always crooked, and her socks never matched when I was a kid in the early 70s)

> @Fundor.2098 said:

> > @Lishtenbird.2814 said:

> > > @pah.4931 said:

> > > Guess we'll just have to hope the updated Riding Vacuum Cleaner doesn't have a cat...

> >

> > *turns on glider*

> >

> > *manic meowing*

> >

> > *25 stacks of [bleeding]*

> >

> > Maybe not adding cats to *everything* is a sane idea... (and that's me saying as a cat person)

>

> This D: I seriously dislike cats, mostly because of how they tend to behave. I'm a total dog-lover though. I don't mind the lack of love for dogs in the game (Though we're so lucky to have [Tali](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tali "Tali")!), but the amount of cats everywhere is just... sickening. Seriously. Not just unlikable, It's starting to be sickening for us totally non-cat people.

> Having eagerly waited and many times suggested the riding broom glider, which I would have just as eagerly used on probably all of my characters , the cat on it was a total disappointment. :(

> Though I still gotta admit, the fact that the broom was nevertheless released as a glider skin is awesome, and that's why I did buy it. Sadly, I'm just not very likely to use it because of the cat. That's my personal loss though, and I know I caused it myself.

I can understand what you mean. I'm the total opposite in this case and really adore cats. Won't put a word in on how I feel about canine, but it seems it's how you see cats.

Random thought of a dog hanging off the back of the witch broom trying to get on as the player character sits on it comfortably. Would even work if the player was a Ranger with a Drakehound.

> @Fundor.2098 said:

> This D: I seriously dislike cats, mostly because of how they tend to behave. I'm a total dog-lover though. I don't mind the lack of love for dogs in the game (Though we're so lucky to have [Tali](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tali "Tali")!), but the amount of cats everywhere is just... sickening. Seriously. Not just unlikable, It's starting to be sickening for us totally non-cat people.

I have to admit I would have likely not bought the broom if it had a dog instead of a cat, and wouldn't have collected dogs for my home instance and even would've been cautious about the whole game if it had as many dogs as it now has cats. Looks like I'm on the opposite side from you - I really dislike dogs (and, by extension, I have prejudices towards people who like dogs* a lot). I'm in luck to be a cat person in a cat game, but hell, if we get Spider Mounts scrapped from the game because of people who hate spiders, maybe we could at least slow down with injecting extra cats into universal stuff that dog people could otherwise enjoy too?

*but not foxes - foxes are great, they're cats of the dog species! :D

> @RandomWolf.3986 said:

> It's not a cat. It's a cheetah.

To be precise, it's an [Aqua Stalker](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aqua_Stalker)... which, once you tame it, magically turns into a [Cheetah](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Juvenile_Cheetah). But since it's riding on a broom, we'll have to assume it's tamed, thus Cheetah.

Anyways, I guess we'll know tomorrow whether adding a cheetahless glider broom skin was possible (this year at least).

> @Lishtenbird.2814 said:

> > @Rauderi.8706 said:

> > October 31. Fingers crossed, maybe we'll get a catless and batless treat~

> >

>

> Well, that one passed without a patch, so there's still a glimmer of hope we'll get it with today's update...

I don't see how as Halloween is ending in 5 hours. I don't think they would add halloween stuff after halloween ends.

> I don't see how as Halloween is ending in 5 hours. I don't think they would add halloween stuff after halloween ends.

The whole point of this thread is that brooms are **not** exclusive Halloween content, and shouldn't have been sold as such in a fantasy MMO world with magic and wizards.