When *is* a balancing patch coming?

Vagrant.7206

> @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> > @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > I ask this because PvP has mostly been filled with scourges, thieves, and spellbreakers. Many of the other classes are feeling left out, underpowered, or just don't have a place.

> >

> > Can we get an approximate timeline?

>

> Before next season.

Which is when, exactly?

> @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> > > @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > > I ask this because PvP has mostly been filled with scourges, thieves, and spellbreakers. Many of the other classes are feeling left out, underpowered, or just don't have a place.

> > >

> > > Can we get an approximate timeline?

> >

> > Before next season.

>

> Which is when, exactly?

Seasons last 8 weeks with generally 4~6 weeks in between.

> @Lighter.5631 said:

> > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > @Lighter.5631 said:

> > > dragon hunter

> >

> > how did you travel back to 2015?

>

> 2015? there were 4 dragon hunter almost every match before PoF release, i didn't know PoF is released in 2015

If you thought that was bad, you should have seen HoT release. Now THAT was funny!

> @"Elxdark.9702" said:

> Next tuesday probably because new season starts in 2 weeks so we will have at least 1 week to test new amulets/runes and class changes.

Yes it is their principle. They want the meta to settle first to avoid polluting a season...

This why we got POF in the middle of current one ...lol

I think they don't give a kitten now.

You will have to wait next mid season....rotfl

> @Darknicrofia.2604 said:

> > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > I'm predicting a nerf to Righteous Instincts, from 50% to 33%.

>

> Scourges ruining sPvP? Better nerf core guard.

Well, Guardian/Dragonhunter hits like a truck with Greatsword and probably has the highest power damage output in sPVP currently.

Balance perception is worse than balance at this point in time in PvP. If you just solo or duo, you don't need to worry, any class, even power Revenant (arguably hardest) is viable when you're good enough at it.

Now when you get into 5 man comps, the balance becomes a little bit messed up.

*- The biggest problem is how Spellbreakers are the go-to 1v1'r because they simultaneously have the best matchups and the best 1vX (by FAR) making them a clear auto-lock for side noder. All other 1v1 builds are 2nd rate by at least a small margin, tanky Inspiration Mirage is close, due to beating everything except spellbreaker, having portal, and having best 1vX after spellbreaker. Playing 3rd rate builds for a 1v1 role (but still good) are: Sage's Weaver, Celestial Holosmith, Dragonhunter, Druid, Scrapper.

*- Scourge is an auto-lock because nothing competes with the amount of boon convert and AoE condition pressure. It would be awesome if Mallyx Revenant were to have it's teamfight capabilities improved to the threat that Scourge is, and relied more on receiving team support.. just to not give a monopoly on the role.

*- Firebrand at the moment is an auto-lock over the Tempest because it's just tuned higher in healing & condition removal, and gives the teamfight carries a huge amount of stability.

*- Thief is pretty well an auto-lock for spiking Scourges & Firebrands, mobility, and stealth for teamfight openers.

*- The 5th slot is pretty open at the moment, popular last-picks are Chronomancer, Marauder Holosmith. Anything that can teamfight well or bring lots of utility as with Chronomancer.

My hopes for the balance patch are:

*- Nerfs to Spellbreaker 1vX potential,

*- Nerfs to Firebrand support,

*- Nerfs to Scourge boon convert,

*- Shaves to condi mirage,

*- Small buffs to the bad and unused weapons/utilities/traits on: Soulbeast, Weaver, Holosmith, Scrapper,

*- Small buffs to Power Rev personal survivability

*- Buffs to Mallyx Revenant's boon rip & teamfight pressure,

*- Big buffs to Renegade, although I suspect it's probably a lost cause with that absolute dumpster fire that is Kalla's utility kit.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> Balance perception is worse than balance at this point in time in PvP. If you just solo or duo, you don't need to worry, any class, even power Revenant (arguably hardest) is viable when you're good enough at it.

>

> Now when you get into 5 man comps, the balance becomes a little bit messed up.

>

> *- The biggest problem is how Spellbreakers are the go-to 1v1'r because they simultaneously have the best matchups and the best 1vX (by FAR) making them a clear auto-lock for side noder. All other 1v1 builds are 2nd rate by at least a small margin, tanky Inspiration Mirage is close, due to beating everything except spellbreaker, having portal, and having best 1vX after spellbreaker. Playing 3rd rate builds for a 1v1 role (but still good) are: Sage's Weaver, Celestial Holosmith, Dragonhunter, Druid, Scrapper.

> *- Scourge is an auto-lock because nothing competes with the amount of boon convert and AoE condition pressure. It would be awesome if Mallyx Revenant were to have it's teamfight capabilities improved to the threat that Scourge is, and relied more on receiving team support.. just to not give a monopoly on the role.

> *- Firebrand at the moment is an auto-lock over the Tempest because it's just tuned higher in healing & condition removal, and gives the teamfight carries a huge amount of stability.

> *- Thief is pretty well an auto-lock for spiking Scourges & Firebrands, mobility, and stealth for teamfight openers.

> *- The 5th slot is pretty open at the moment, popular last-picks are Chronomancer, Marauder Holosmith. Anything that can teamfight well or bring lots of utility as with Chronomancer.

>

> My hopes for the balance patch are:

> *- Nerfs to Spellbreaker 1vX potential,

> *- Nerfs to Firebrand support,

> *- Nerfs to Scourge boon convert,

> *- Shaves to condi mirage,

> *- Small buffs to the bad and unused weapons/utilities/traits on: Soulbeast, Weaver, Holosmith, Scrapper,

> *- Small buffs to Power Rev personal survivability

> *- Buffs to Mallyx Revenant's boon rip & teamfight pressure,

> *- Big buffs to Renegade, although I suspect it's probably a lost cause with that absolute dumpster fire that is Kalla's utility kit.

>

rev spotted :-)