Best laptops for GW2 in a 2500€ euros max budget

No money in the world will find you a computer that is capable of running GW2 with a stable framerate at all times. For that amount you're better off getting a beast of a desktop rather than a laptop that will only last you a couple of years.

If you mean in general? Anything that is recent and popular will do, really. GW2 is a CPU-heavy game just like a lot of other MMOs in the market. Although no harm in making sure your machine can handle other games because what's the point of mono-playing a MMO in a sea worth of possibilities?

> @"Maulclaw.4365" said:

> No money in the world will find you a computer that is capable of running GW2 with a stable framerate at all times. For that amount you're better off getting a beast of a desktop rather than a laptop that will only last you a couple of years.

>

> If you mean in general? Anything that is recent and popular will do, really. GW2 is a CPU-heavy game just like a lot of other MMOs in the market. Although no harm in making sure your machine can handle other games because what's the point of mono-playing a MMO in a sea worth of possibilities?

I said the same but than My post got removed lol

Are there even laptops with 3000 series available yet? I havent seen any.

Anyway, the problem isnt the GPU. It's the CPU. All laptops run crippled CPUs that will downclock heavily to run cool. Around that price range you can get a *decent* machine and they will pretty much run the same lines of CPU ~10700H-10800H with the same lines of mobile RTX2060-2080.

As an example, Amazon.de has the Razer Blade 15 with a 10875H and 2070 Super Max-Q at €2500. But then again I would argue that you would see minimal difference in GW2 with a 10750H and 2060 or similar specced machine for €500-1000 less (especially if you dont "need" that 300hz screen). Do note that the Max-Q ones are almost full fat RTX cards, unlike the "regular" RTX mobile cards, a big chunk of performance difference. Got to consider if it's worth it for other things, not just GW2 (which applies even more so for laptops).

It's all about the CPU. Anything 10th or 11th gen Intel 6+ cores or Ryzen 4000 series (same gen as Ryzen 3000 / Zen 2 on desktops) , or Ryzen 5000 series (Zen 3) should do decently or as good as a desktop so long as it isn't constrained to 15W TDP. If you want better performance than that there probably isn't anything that you can buy.

The GPUs in laptops as long as they aren't integrated GPUs should be fine ; don't expect to have 60 minimum FPS and just get adaptive sync (gsync / freesync). GW2 is CPU-bound. If the laptop is thermally limited due to the thermal solution you're actually better off with a weaker GPU as your CPU will boost higher if it's the same thermal solution used throughout the lineup.

It's important to distinguish between high graphical settings and settings that are CPU-bound such as model limit, high quality shadows (this is not ray traced on GPU), and reflections (if you try anything other than terrain and sky it is CPU bound to the utmost, you're better off turning it off completely). Ultimately if your content of choice is instanced (such as fractals, strikes, dragon response missions, raids, dungeons , instanced living story, etc) and not WvW or openworld metas then you can turn up the model limit , shadows/reflections higher.

See the GW2 benchmarks I linked in https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1400083/#Comment_1400083

Made you a filter on geizhals if you're in EU: https://geizhals.eu/?cat=nb&sort=p&xf=12822_6%7E12823_12%7E12_16384%7E1482_AMD%7E1482_Intel%7E8149_dedizierte+Grafik%7E82_M.2%7E9676_35%7E9_1920x1080

>! Filter settings: 1080p+ resolution, AMD/Intel CPUs (not ARM), 6 cores + with hyperthreading or SMT due to Amdahl's law of parallelization, CPU power TDP 35W+ because you can't beat physics, RAM 16GB + because RAM isn't that expensive anymore, M.2 SSD, dedicated GPU

>! From that filter it seems the most _balanced_ setup is the Ryzen 5 5600H + RTX 3060 with 1080p 144Hz in the Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-45-R9GZ) for 1200 EUR , but I would wait for reviews ; there's a higher tier one with Ryzen 7 5800H + RTX 3070 for 1400 EUR. A comparable ASUS TUF system (A17 FA706QM-HX008T) costs 1800 EUR for Ryzen 7 5800H + RTX 3060. Comparable Intel 10th gen chips with RTX 3060 GPUs cost 2000+ EUR.

Highest I've seen on a gaming laptop is the RTX 2080 Super. I myself have a gaming laptop with the RTX 2060. Looking into it, it appears there are laptops coming out as early as next month that have things like the RTX 3080. Nice.

Looking at gaming laptops in my part of the world, it looks like at your price point you'd land a machine with an RTX 2070....if you start looking into specific machines, make sure they have a great cooling system because laptop components do degrade rather quickly - especially when heat is involved. For that reason as well as specs, I tend to suggest the Acer Predator Helios 300 to people....it's a great lineup of machines which on paper look the same as or similar to many others but they have a more modern cooling system than a lot of the gaming laptops I see on the market.

I also notice the Predator Helios 300 is releasing a RTX 3080 version next month with a 240Hz display....if the US price point holds true conversion-wise for what you'd be paying in Europe, you'd be getting a great machine for a great price.