Best EU server for WvW? (Guild presence and fights)

Super Fuzz.4980

Hey guys, just transferring from NA. Which server on EU has a good amount of guilds organised with Discord? I am more into guild vs guild fights (blobbing) than PPT. I tried Piken Square which is T1, but it seems to be mostly PVERS? Haven't seen many open tags or guild activity despite it being T1. I also tried Desolation last week, and it's kind of dead. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

You could try joining a link server (Aka, a server too small to be on it's own under any circumstances) The downside of it is that you cant predict with whom you'll be paired with, and you may just have uphill battles number wise depending on the pair. On the upside, it keep things fresh since even if you find yourself in a bad matchup, you'll eventually get out of it. You may also find what each server is actually like and how well they manage.

Used to be, link servers were kind of looked down upon for being more of a dead weight than anything, but some fight guilds established their home on it, and larger servers came to have a bit more respect toward them as a result. Now it feels more like being a mercenary of sort, joining a side for an extended period of time, and eventually facing off against a past ally.

On a completely different note : Mind that servers have peak hours and low hours : you may just have logged in several times during your past servers low hours and thus not seen anyone on. Peak hours vary from server to server, but when it comes to EU, it is mostly early evening to just before midnight.

Piken and Deso have both guilds. One can well argue about their qualities but seeing no guild at all is a tiny bit strange. My guess is that Naxos asked the right question about the time of the day when you are playing. Guilds are normally raiding between 8pm and 10 pm CET (2pm-4 pm US East Coast).

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Super Fuzz.4980" said:

> > I tried Piken Square which is T1, but it seems to be mostly PVERS? Haven't seen many open tags or guild activity despite it being T1. I also tried Desolation last week, and it's kind of dead.

>

> Somebody drank the EU koolaid

>

Had to, average ping dropped by 50-80 by moving to EU.

> @"Super Fuzz.4980" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Super Fuzz.4980" said:

> > > I tried Piken Square which is T1, but it seems to be mostly PVERS? Haven't seen many open tags or guild activity despite it being T1. I also tried Desolation last week, and it's kind of dead.

> >

> > Somebody drank the EU koolaid

> >

>

> average ping dropped by 50-80 by moving to EU.

O.o

Oh, wow. Mind revealing which region you live in?