How to get map rewards (materials)

How I'm supposed to get materials if there is no one on that map? How I can find group for this? I'm talking about materials above the map names, not world map completion. it is impossible to solo because takes too much time and extremely boring, plus my armour is a toast they always hit hard, and I have no idea when the events start in which location, I heard doing events on that map grants those materials but in a long time,

are they worth to do at all? or its just a abandoned game system no one care about?

> @"SaskiaElite.8132" said:

> How I'm supposed to get materials if there is no one on that map? How I can find group for this? I'm talking about materials above the map names, not world map completion. it is impossible to solo because takes too much time and extremely boring, plus my armour is a toast they always hit hard, and I have no idea when the events start in which location, I heard doing events on that map grants those materials but in a long time,

>

> are they worth to do at all? or its just a abandoned game system no one care about?

if you have any of the expansions and the associated central Tyria mastery, you can farm [Pact Scout's Mapping Materials](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Scout%27s_Mapping_Materials) over the course of a week and cash them in for all the map rewards