This is actually what spellbreakers believe

Razor.6392

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > @Ashkew.6584 said:

> > Spellbreaker OP, i dont know, but what really grinds my gear is me doing well in 1v1 vs spellbreaker, decaping his node, pressuring him perfectly and then some dude from my team comes to help me and spamming the spellbreaker back to life and giving him more power and value . Pls dont help me!!! is often on my mind.

>

> Holy kitten this.

>

> When I am on my herald or my core warrior I actually enjoy fighting spellbreakers since it's a test of skill due to their abilities being strong but their animations being obvious. 1v1ing them is actually fun. Then some nob comes over and starts spamming them to pop every. Single. FC. Then they die and complain in /map "omg sb op omg waaah". or "omg our noob revenant won't rez me" GEE I WONDER WHY YOU DONT GET A REZ. THERE MIGHT BE A VERY GOOD REASON I AINT REZZIN YOU MONG.

>

>

This is specifically what the problem is. I should not always have to fight a SB on SB's terms. Why should a SB be more difficult to defeat in a 1v2 even if the second player is not that skilled? How can 1 additional player attacking an opponent be a disadvantage to you? Is not that clearly broken?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Aza.2105 said:

> I seen a SB player in chat yesterday dissing other players. He said they couldn't kill him because their dps was too weak. Even though it was a 3 v 1. Comic really.

>

> The crux of the SB issue is that its a tiny risk and extremely high reward build. They don't get punished for mistakes often due to the fact that they nearly always have a defensive ability to cycle through. And if all of them are blown, they'll just swap to greatsword and run run run. While healing up and waiting for cooldowns to come back. This is very poor design.

>

> Very curious how Anet will deal with it. I don't expect much to be honest.

>

The meta Spellbreaker, Defense, Discipline build variant needs a nerf. I don't run it because I don't find it as fun as Spellbreaker, Strength, Discipline, but I was messing around with it the other day and its completely brain dead to use. You're just a bulldozer who doesn't care about anything that barely suffers any consequences for misplaying.

> @otto.5684 said:

> > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > @Ashkew.6584 said:

> > > Spellbreaker OP, i dont know, but what really grinds my gear is me doing well in 1v1 vs spellbreaker, decaping his node, pressuring him perfectly and then some dude from my team comes to help me and spamming the spellbreaker back to life and giving him more power and value . Pls dont help me!!! is often on my mind.

> >

> > Holy kitten this.

> >

> > When I am on my herald or my core warrior I actually enjoy fighting spellbreakers since it's a test of skill due to their abilities being strong but their animations being obvious. 1v1ing them is actually fun. Then some nob comes over and starts spamming them to pop every. Single. FC. Then they die and complain in /map "omg sb op omg waaah". or "omg our noob revenant won't rez me" GEE I WONDER WHY YOU DONT GET A REZ. THERE MIGHT BE A VERY GOOD REASON I AINT REZZIN YOU MONG.

> >

> >

>

> This is specifically what the problem is. I should not always have to fight a SB on SB's terms. Why should a SB be more difficult to defeat in a 1v2 even if the second player is not that skilled? How can 1 additional player attacking an opponent be a disadvantage to you? Is not that clearly broken?

actually i find it being a nice new niche of a role

it forces you to 1v1 instead of 2v1, like how thief/mesmer forces you to rotate.

but hey with a quality thief you can still +1 take down a spellbreaker fairly easy/fast.

> @Lighter.5631 said:

> > @otto.5684 said:

> > > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > > @Ashkew.6584 said:

> > > > Spellbreaker OP, i dont know, but what really grinds my gear is me doing well in 1v1 vs spellbreaker, decaping his node, pressuring him perfectly and then some dude from my team comes to help me and spamming the spellbreaker back to life and giving him more power and value . Pls dont help me!!! is often on my mind.

> > >

> > > Holy kitten this.

> > >

> > > When I am on my herald or my core warrior I actually enjoy fighting spellbreakers since it's a test of skill due to their abilities being strong but their animations being obvious. 1v1ing them is actually fun. Then some nob comes over and starts spamming them to pop every. Single. FC. Then they die and complain in /map "omg sb op omg waaah". or "omg our noob revenant won't rez me" GEE I WONDER WHY YOU DONT GET A REZ. THERE MIGHT BE A VERY GOOD REASON I AINT REZZIN YOU MONG.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > This is specifically what the problem is. I should not always have to fight a SB on SB's terms. Why should a SB be more difficult to defeat in a 1v2 even if the second player is not that skilled? How can 1 additional player attacking an opponent be a disadvantage to you? Is not that clearly broken?

>

> actually i find it being a nice new niche of a role

> it forces you to 1v1 instead of 2v1, like how thief/mesmer forces you to rotate.

> but hey with a quality thief you can still +1 take down a spellbreaker fairly easy/fast.

No u cant

> actually i find it being a nice new niche of a role

> it forces you to 1v1 instead of 2v1, like how thief/mesmer forces you to rotate.

That would be fine if Spellbreaker have some loosing 1v1s. I cant think of any class that regularly beats a Spellbreaker on equal skill. And even then if you get +1 against a Spellbreaker your dead, while he just shrugs it of if you dont time your burst perfectly.

> @bluri.2653 said:

> > @Lighter.5631 said:

> > > @otto.5684 said:

> > > > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > > > @Ashkew.6584 said:

> > > > > Spellbreaker OP, i dont know, but what really grinds my gear is me doing well in 1v1 vs spellbreaker, decaping his node, pressuring him perfectly and then some dude from my team comes to help me and spamming the spellbreaker back to life and giving him more power and value . Pls dont help me!!! is often on my mind.

> > > >

> > > > Holy kitten this.

> > > >

> > > > When I am on my herald or my core warrior I actually enjoy fighting spellbreakers since it's a test of skill due to their abilities being strong but their animations being obvious. 1v1ing them is actually fun. Then some nob comes over and starts spamming them to pop every. Single. FC. Then they die and complain in /map "omg sb op omg waaah". or "omg our noob revenant won't rez me" GEE I WONDER WHY YOU DONT GET A REZ. THERE MIGHT BE A VERY GOOD REASON I AINT REZZIN YOU MONG.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > This is specifically what the problem is. I should not always have to fight a SB on SB's terms. Why should a SB be more difficult to defeat in a 1v2 even if the second player is not that skilled? How can 1 additional player attacking an opponent be a disadvantage to you? Is not that clearly broken?

> >

> > actually i find it being a nice new niche of a role

> > it forces you to 1v1 instead of 2v1, like how thief/mesmer forces you to rotate.

> > but hey with a quality thief you can still +1 take down a spellbreaker fairly easy/fast.

>

> No u cant

What would you know about a quality thief.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> Full Counter does not need to be unblockable.

> That is the only problem with Spellbreaker in my opinion.

Honestly they should give Warrior in general the Engineer treatment. While it's invulns are active, the warrior can't use any skills. Or ANet can give Engineer the Warrior treatment and allow the Engi to cast while being invuln. What do you guys think about that?

A few truths for the posters in this thread:

* Power based Thieves are at the least, equals vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1.

* Scourges are also rather balanced against Spellbreaker in 1v1.

* Mirage is another class that easily goes toe to toe vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1 situations.

The problem with Spellbreaker is not its general rock/paper/scissors effect amongst an intra-class wide 1v1 setting. It is its team fight capability. Full Counter becomes ridiculously powerful, the more opponents there are against a Spellbreaker. Someone had mentioned it before but I'll say it again: Full Counter should grant something like a 5,000 life barrier rather than a straight invuln. I also believe that Full Counter shouldn't be unblockable.

But if these changes were made to Spellbreaker, changes must also be made to tune down Scourge and Mirage, least we kill what diversity we have now.

> @bluri.2653 said:

> > @Lighter.5631 said:

> > > @otto.5684 said:

> > > > > Spellbreaker OP, i dont know, but what really grinds my gear is me doing well in 1v1 vs spellbreaker, decaping his node, pressuring him perfectly and then some dude from my team comes to help me and spamming the spellbreaker back to life and giving him more power and value . Pls dont help me!!! is often on my mind.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > When I am on my herald or my core warrior I actually enjoy fighting spellbreakers since it's a test of skill due to their abilities being strong but their animations being obvious. 1v1ing them is actually fun. Then some nob comes over and starts spamming them to pop every. Single. FC. Then they die and complain in /map "omg sb op omg waaah". or "omg our noob revenant won't rez me" GEE I WONDER WHY YOU DONT GET A REZ. THERE MIGHT BE A VERY GOOD REASON I AINT REZZIN YOU MONG.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > This is specifically what the problem is. I should not always have to fight a SB on SB's terms. Why should a SB be more difficult to defeat in a 1v2 even if the second player is not that skilled? How can 1 additional player attacking an opponent be a disadvantage to you? Is not that clearly broken?

> >

> > it forces you to 1v1 instead of 2v1, like how thief/mesmer forces you to rotate.

> > but hey with a quality thief you can still +1 take down a spellbreaker fairly easy/fast.

>

> No u cant

> A few truths for the posters in this thread:

> * Power based Thieves are at the least, equals vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> * Scourges are also rather balanced against Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> * Mirage is another class that easily goes toe to toe vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1 situations.

>

> The problem with Spellbreaker is not its general rock/paper/scissors effect amongst an intra-class wide 1v1 setting. It is its team fight capability. Full Counter becomes ridiculously powerful, the more opponents there are against a Spellbreaker. Someone had mentioned it before but I'll say it again: Full Counter should grant something like a 5,000 life barrier rather than a straight invuln. I also believe that Full Counter shouldn't be unblockable.

>

> But if these changes were made to Spellbreaker, changes must also be made to tune down Scourge and Mirage, least we kill what diversity we have now.

Thief? LOL

> @bluri.2653 said:

> > @Lighter.5631 said:

> > > @otto.5684 said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> No u cant

Coming from the best thief in the game.

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > Full Counter does not need to be unblockable.

> > That is the only problem with Spellbreaker in my opinion.

>

> Honestly they should give Warrior in general the Engineer treatment. While it's invulns are active, the warrior can't use any skills. Or ANet can give Engineer the Warrior treatment and allow the Engi to cast while being invuln. What do you guys think about that?

No!

Purity of purpose doesnt allow it.

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> Honestly they should give Warrior in general the Engineer treatment. While it's invulns are active, the warrior can't use any skills. Or ANet can give Engineer the Warrior treatment and allow the Engi to cast while being invuln. What do you guys think about that?

A warrior does not have true invulnerabilities:

* Endure Pain nullifies physical damage, it does not block CC, condition, retaliation or life stealing. It's active 6s per minute, a part of it with a passive proc which can be anticipated.

* Resistance only acts against conditions, it does not block CC, physical damage... and it can be stripped or corrupted. If you avoid hitting Full Counter and would simply kite it, it is active about 15s per minute (what players call "near-perma" in these forums).

In a 1v1 scenario, there are many classes/builds which counter spellbreakers. In 1v2, it is way harder, because most players don't know anything about the warrior mechanics and mindlessly feed his regen (ask yourself: do you know what adrenaline is, how it is used, and what limitation it has on a spellbreaker?).

Spellbreaker must definitely be nerfed though. It's been built as an anti-noob spec, and as such is way too overpowered for GW2. Personally, I don't play it any more, I prefer core warrior. As a core warrior, I just love when people call me an "OP spellbreaker" :)

Ketsu.4569" said:

> > @Ashkew.6584 said:

> > Spellbreaker OP, i dont know, but what really grinds my gear is me doing well in 1v1 vs spellbreaker, decaping his node, pressuring him perfectly and then some dude from my team comes to help me and spamming the spellbreaker back to life and giving him more power and value . Pls dont help me!!! is often on my mind.

>

> Holy kitten this.

>

> When I am on my herald or my core warrior I actually enjoy fighting spellbreakers since it's a test of skill due to their abilities being strong but their animations being obvious. 1v1ing them is actually fun. Then some nob comes over and starts spamming them to pop every. Single. FC. Then they die and complain in /map "omg sb op omg waaah". or "omg our noob revenant won't rez me" GEE I WONDER WHY YOU DONT GET A REZ. THERE MIGHT BE A VERY GOOD REASON I AINT REZZIN YOU MONG.

>

>

or drop the 1 v 1 act and switch to teamplay?

> @Bossun.2046 said:

> > @bluri.2653 said:

> > > @Lighter.5631 said:

> > > > @otto.5684 said:

> > > > > @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > > > > > @Ashkew.6584 said:

> > > > > > Spellbreaker OP, i dont know, but what really grinds my gear is me doing well in 1v1 vs spellbreaker, decaping his node, pressuring him perfectly and then some dude from my team comes to help me and spamming the spellbreaker back to life and giving him more power and value . Pls dont help me!!! is often on my mind.

> > > > >

> > > > > Holy kitten this.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I am on my herald or my core warrior I actually enjoy fighting spellbreakers since it's a test of skill due to their abilities being strong but their animations being obvious. 1v1ing them is actually fun. Then some nob comes over and starts spamming them to pop every. Single. FC. Then they die and complain in /map "omg sb op omg waaah". or "omg our noob revenant won't rez me" GEE I WONDER WHY YOU DONT GET A REZ. THERE MIGHT BE A VERY GOOD REASON I AINT REZZIN YOU MONG.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > This is specifically what the problem is. I should not always have to fight a SB on SB's terms. Why should a SB be more difficult to defeat in a 1v2 even if the second player is not that skilled? How can 1 additional player attacking an opponent be a disadvantage to you? Is not that clearly broken?

> > >

> > > actually i find it being a nice new niche of a role

> > > it forces you to 1v1 instead of 2v1, like how thief/mesmer forces you to rotate.

> > > but hey with a quality thief you can still +1 take down a spellbreaker fairly easy/fast.

> >

> > No u cant

>

> What would you know about a quality thief.

well, he's only the best thief in the game. so he probably knows nothing about thief lol /s

> A few truths for the posters in this thread:

> * Power based Thieves are at the least, equals vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> * Scourges are also rather balanced against Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> * Mirage is another class that easily goes toe to toe vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1 situations.

>

> The problem with Spellbreaker is not its general rock/paper/scissors effect amongst an intra-class wide 1v1 setting. It is its team fight capability. Full Counter becomes ridiculously powerful, the more opponents there are against a Spellbreaker. Someone had mentioned it before but I'll say it again: Full Counter should grant something like a 5,000 life barrier rather than a straight invuln. I also believe that Full Counter shouldn't be unblockable.

>

> But if these changes were made to Spellbreaker, changes must also be made to tune down Scourge and Mirage, least we kill what diversity we have now.

lol are you being sarcastic or something? Thief equal in 1v1 vs SB? Mirage toe to to vs SB? Damn, I must be missing something, I can't even +1 a good spellbreaker unless my spellbreaker is heavily outplaying him.

for the love of god i do hope you are joking

I think people mistaken skills with build...you say thief/mesmer can go 1v1 a SB without considering that the thief/mesmer might just out-skilled the spellbreaker in those matchups.

When you have a completely overloaded FC combined with existing build...it doesn't just lower skill floor (how easy for people to be efficient), it also indirectly raises the skill ceiling (ie how far the build can go). An equally skilled spellbreaker has more than enough defensive options to predict and rotate against a thief bursts, which is essentially thief's only option of combat due to lack of sustain for trading blows. An equally skilled spellbreaker knows to abuse AI mechanic of a mirage to get adrenaline and outlast/recover from shatter bursts, even if he fails to see it coming.

You're probably right about scourge, but it is unwise for scourge to challenge spellbreaker since it meant your team forfeit midfight for a side-decapper. Let's not forget current meta scourge are easy to focus and generally need a pocket healer. It puts a lot of pressure in mid if scourge decides to fight sides.

> @bluri.2653 said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > A few truths for the posters in this thread:

> > * Power based Thieves are at the least, equals vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> > * Scourges are also rather balanced against Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> > * Mirage is another class that easily goes toe to toe vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1 situations.

> >

> > The problem with Spellbreaker is not its general rock/paper/scissors effect amongst an intra-class wide 1v1 setting. It is its team fight capability. Full Counter becomes ridiculously powerful, the more opponents there are against a Spellbreaker. Someone had mentioned it before but I'll say it again: Full Counter should grant something like a 5,000 life barrier rather than a straight invuln. I also believe that Full Counter shouldn't be unblockable.

> >

> > But if these changes were made to Spellbreaker, changes must also be made to tune down Scourge and Mirage, least we kill what diversity we have now.

>

> lol are you being sarcastic or something? Thief equal in 1v1 vs SB? Mirage toe to to vs SB? kitten, I must be missing something, I can't even +1 a good spellbreaker unless my spellbreaker is heavily outplaying him.

>

> for the love of god i do hope you are joking

The only reason SBs win 1v2 is due to the mindless spam through their shield block and triggering FC. Warrior as a whole is very telegraphed in their actions and FC is a very noticeable attack compared to many others (visual and sound along with delay). Fights with SB are also drawn out and their burst, just like with FC, requires their opponent to mess up.

I always see the complaints about losing to FC spamming SBs, meanwhile I am just laughing at all the SBs I see who don't even get half their FCs popped because I just stand there watching them being confused as to why I didn't attack them during the painfully obvious FC.

> I always see the complaints about losing to FC spamming SBs, meanwhile I am just laughing at all the SBs I see who don't even get half their FCs popped because I just > > > stand there watching them being confused as to why I didn't attack them during the painfully obvious FC.

Try fighting a good Spellbreaker then which doesnt spam FC on CD and you will see how hard it is to get an Spellbreaker even in a 1 v1.

I can handle bad Spellbreakers on my Ele, it just takes some time. But if I face a decent one things get tricky really fast.

Because even if you dont spam its still 2 seconds where you cant do shit, just to have the same problem 4 seconds later.

> @Yamazuki.6073 said:

> > @bluri.2653 said:

> > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > A few truths for the posters in this thread:

> > > * Power based Thieves are at the least, equals vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> > > * Scourges are also rather balanced against Spellbreaker in 1v1.

> > > * Mirage is another class that easily goes toe to toe vs. Spellbreaker in 1v1 situations.

> > >

> > > The problem with Spellbreaker is not its general rock/paper/scissors effect amongst an intra-class wide 1v1 setting. It is its team fight capability. Full Counter becomes ridiculously powerful, the more opponents there are against a Spellbreaker. Someone had mentioned it before but I'll say it again: Full Counter should grant something like a 5,000 life barrier rather than a straight invuln. I also believe that Full Counter shouldn't be unblockable.

> > >

> > > But if these changes were made to Spellbreaker, changes must also be made to tune down Scourge and Mirage, least we kill what diversity we have now.

> >

> > lol are you being sarcastic or something? Thief equal in 1v1 vs SB? Mirage toe to to vs SB? kitten, I must be missing something, I can't even +1 a good spellbreaker unless my spellbreaker is heavily outplaying him.

> >

> > for the love of god i do hope you are joking

>

> The only reason SBs win 1v2 is due to the mindless spam through their shield block and triggering FC. Warrior as a whole is very telegraphed in their actions and FC is a very noticeable attack compared to many others (visual and sound along with delay). Fights with SB are also drawn out and their burst, just like with FC, requires their opponent to mess up.

>

> I always see the complaints about losing to FC spamming SBs, meanwhile I am just laughing at all the SBs I see who don't even get half their FCs popped because I just stand there watching them being confused as to why I didn't attack them during the painfully obvious FC.

If you're in the middle of an attack when the spellbreaker hits full counter, you activate it. If you're a mesmer or necromancer or ranger with a pet out, you activate it. If you're a burn guardian, you activate it. It isn't just direct attacks from the player that activate it; it's also AoEs with any kind of duration on them and AI (ranger pets or mesmer illusions). Then, there's the animation bug, with full counter's visual effects _always active_. Which, by the way, happens literally every other game in which a spellbreaker is present. The only way to avoid hitting their full counters when that happens is to not attack them at all.

Another issue I have is that spellbreakers use the passives from the core warrior. Nobody should be able to get away with slotting a healing skill but never activating the damned thing. Against other professions, preventing their sustain is a matter of skill. Warriors, unfortunately, can be attacking, immune to damage, and healing themselves all at the same time, along with forcing evades due to full counter. That's one reason why warriors always tend to be either useless or overpowered in PvP: their healing skill can't be interrupted, they get multiple strong passively activated traits (two from the same line, in fact), and tons of mobility. The drawback used to be the telegraphed skills, but that's less of a thing now because dagger skills are not telegraphed and all of your dodge rolls tend to get used up against full counter (assuming the spellbreaker is at least semi-competent and knows to activate it while you're attacking, or in a way that gets them hit by AoE or AI), which makes the greatsword more useful.