Deadeye damage should be nerfed

Vaeo.4097

I see no issue there. The average dmg from those shots per single hit is around 3k, whereas many power builds on different classes do a lot more on a single hit. My Homelessmith did 6k on single hit, Warriors I assume can do even more. Mirage clones do over 5k per clone. Just close this topic, invalid arguments.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @serenity.4712 said:

> The damage is fine. The problem is people not focusing deadeye. Also, learn2dodge.

My mirage can dodge 9 times in a row lul. I can't imagine trying to fight one on my deadeye and people want it's one damaging attack nerfed? You already get a warning sign over your head and a giant laser saying dodge now.

i really do not know how much many former gw2 players including ESL players must repeat this but, nerfing thieves is not the answer. 5 years of nerfs of thief and what has it resulted in? The same problems over and all over again.

Suggestion: remove thief and to redesign it from the ground up.

"Stop Fixing the Symptoms...Find the Root Cause Instead"

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> i really do not know how much many former gw2 players including ESL players must repeat this but, nerfing thieves is not the answer. 5 years of nerfs of thief and what has it resulted in? The same problems over and all over again.

>

> Suggestion: remove thief and to redesign it from the ground up.

>

> "Stop Fixing the Symptoms...Find the Root Cause Instead"

The root cause does not include pissing off every thief across PVE, PVP, and WVW because a handful of people dont know how to not die.

> @Ara.4569 said:

> Frankly, the balance of this game is so bad it deserves a video game version of the Razzie Award.

> Sure, Deadeye is not the best incarnation of the flesh eating disease, but it's still out of hand with the rest of the "power creeped" elite specs. There was already too much of everything 2 years ago, it certainly hasn't improved ever since, on the contrary!

>

> Btw, I don't give a kitten about "pro" players comments. Most of them don't care about balance: they just play the most competitive builds and never complain how bad balance is. Worse, most will trash players that complain and throw a few "l2p", "adapt or die". Biased and irrelevant view on balance and power creep.

>

> EDIT: it was for another thread that got ""moderated" ._.

Many do complain about bad balance and many are honest about it. Those who throw "l2p, adapt, or die" are toxic players, not pro players. As a gw2 veteran and a Esl player: many of us did share our views about the poor balance and the power creep . We've been saying this during gw2 beta: and had warned that specific classes are prone to bad balance and power creep based on their designs.

We had voiced our concerns and shared constructive criticism with Anet during Gw2 beta. we told them heartily how we felt.

So you see: we did our part by being open about it and being honest about. I do agree with you that balance is horribly bad and hasn't improved and that power creep has gone through the roof.

Why do u think we left aside from other critical issues?

> @Ara.4569 said:

> Frankly, the balance of this game is so bad it deserves a video game version of the Razzie Award.

> Sure, Deadeye is not the best incarnation of the flesh eating disease, but it's still out of hand with the rest of the "power creeped" elite specs. There was already too much of everything 2 years ago, it certainly hasn't improved ever since, on the contrary!

>

> Btw, I don't give a kitten about "pro" players comments. Most of them don't care about balance: they just play the most competitive builds and never complain how bad balance is. Worse, most will trash players that complain and throw a few "l2p", "adapt or die". Biased and irrelevant view on balance and power creep.

>

> EDIT: it was for another thread that got ""moderated" ._.

Many do complain about bad balance and many are honest about it. Those who throw "l2p, adapt, or die" are toxic players, not pro players. As a gw2 veteran and a Esl player: many of us do share our views about the poor balance and the power creep . We've been saying this during gw2 beta: and had warned that specific classes are prone to bad balance and power creep based on their designs.

We had voiced our concerns and shared constructive criticism with Anet during Gw2 beta. we told them heartily how we felt.

So you see: we did our part by being open about it and being honest about. I do agree with you that balance is horribly bad and hasn't improved and that power creep has gone through the roof.

Why do u think we left aside from other critical issues?

**Double post. Please remove moderator**

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > i really do not know how much many former gw2 players including ESL players must repeat this but, nerfing thieves is not the answer. 5 years of nerfs of thief and what has it resulted in? The same problems over and all over again.

> >

> > Suggestion: remove thief and to redesign it from the ground up.

> >

> > "Stop Fixing the Symptoms...Find the Root Cause Instead"

>

> The root cause does not include pissing off every thief across PVE, PVP, and WVW because a handful of people dont know how to not die.

let me ask you a question: is 1 shotting competitive, and challenging?

secondly: is it ok for a class to be immune to every conditions including immunity to risks and still be rewarded for it?

Lastly: is it ok for a class to excel at everything without having none to no weakness whatsoever?

**Players want competition and fair challenge. They are frustrated that thief class is the only class that is exempt from competition and fair challenges and additionally are continually being rewarded for making no efforts and no hard work whatsoever**

wouldn't that pi** you off too?

I will say it again: Thief+Mesmers are responsible for gw2 low population. With deadeye and Mirage, they will decrease the population even more.

(dying isn't the issue: not having fun is the issue)

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > i really do not know how much many former gw2 players including ESL players must repeat this but, nerfing thieves is not the answer. 5 years of nerfs of thief and what has it resulted in? The same problems over and all over again.

> > >

> > > Suggestion: remove thief and to redesign it from the ground up.

> > >

> > > "Stop Fixing the Symptoms...Find the Root Cause Instead"

> >

> > The root cause does not include pissing off every thief across PVE, PVP, and WVW because a handful of people dont know how to not die.

>

> let me ask you a question: is 1 shotting competitive, and challenging?

Damage over 7 seconds is not **one**-shotting.

The sad part is I can't even say deadeye is bad, it's their damn rifle that's horrible.

You actually can do a decent stealth build if you trait it right with trickery, shadow magic, and deadeye. Go marauder's, utilities like the cantrip heal, evasion heal, or stealth heal. Take the knock back cantrip that makes you go invis, assassin's signet, blinding powder/shadowstep and slap on the elite cantrip for more invis. Weapons you can combo d/p and shortbow, p/p and d/d, p/p and shortbow, d/d and d/p s/p and shortbow.

Literally any weapon combo is better than rifle. It's a gimmicky weapon at best and just feels clunky. You can sort of make up for the loss of permanent swiftness with other traits, utilities, runes and sigils. But if you take rifle, you may as well out a sign on your head that says: 'Please shoot here.'

I'd say anything they need tweaks to numbers, but I hardly say they need a nerf.

Edit: Correction, most weapon combos are better than rifle except for p/d. That is just trolling.

> @syntohras.1064 said:

> > > @syntohras.1064 said:

> >

> > > Yes a mesmer can easily oneshot any Full Glass Build.

> >

> > Which one skill on a mesmer does enough damage to wipe any full glass build while also preventing escape?

>

>

Ramping up clones/phantasms for shatter doesn’t count as a single skill.

> @syntohras.1064 said:

> >

> > > Yes a mesmer can easily oneshot any Full Glass Build.

> >

> > Which one skill on a mesmer does enough damage to wipe any full glass build while also preventing escape?

>

>

Sorry, I must not see what you're talking about. Maybe you could link me the skill in particular that is deleting health bars?

Assuming poes law is in effect, those are multiple skills. Even the setups that do massive damage require several seconds, even if stealthed.

> @Vaeo.4097 said:

> Screenshot of damage [screenshot](https://imgur.com/a/EC9og)

> It was result of trying to push deadeye during teamfight on mid on Temple of the Silent Storm. I played S/D weaver. I didn't even reach his position. Took 31K damage in 7 seconds.

> Second time I reached his position but he just shadowstep away. Only our thief was able to push him back (not kill, only push).

>

> I provide here one example but it's common sense playing against good deadeye with different classes. Some of them rather powerfull against deadeye (mirage and D/P thief). But still can't kill good deadeye. He just retreats and continues his attacks 10 sec later. And you can't ignore that deadeye somewhere near your position while fighting his allies because of insane burst damage even without Death Judgement.

>

> It's common opinion on this forum that Deadeye is not viable. It's clearly false. Yes he can't decap points as D/P thief. But as teamfight DPS he's extreamly deadly with decent survivability. 31K damage in 7 seconds is insane.

You let class x go ham on you for 7 seconds and you die. Class x is op.

To me there is a flaw with that thought process. This isn't a turn based game. Temple has plenty of LOS potential. Sure deadeye is a new mechanic in the game, but a shatter mesmer can do just as much if not more in 7 seconds. In fact most classes can 100-0 someone in 7 seconds.

I have yet to see an effective deadeye when there are two teams of equal ability.

> @syntohras.1064 said:

> Doesn't matter. There shouldn't be any skill/short combo which allows to 1 shot people. Thief got hard nerved backstab wise because of that and it is mostly also a combo strike.

Getting killed so quickly by a short combo is the fault of the player that got killed. Mesmer clones/phantasms don’t just suddenly appear. If the player could not anticipate the shatter then that’s on them.

The OP complained about getting “**one**-shotted” over **seven** seconds. If they stood there and ate that much damage then it’s their own fault for not having situational awareness as well as the initiative to avoid/mitigate some or all of the damage.

> @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> Getting killed so quickly by a short combo is the fault of the player that got killed. Mesmer clones/phantasms don’t just suddenly appear. If the player could not anticipate the shatter then that’s on them.

Not to springboard, and I still hate mesmer, but the little **glint** sound for power lock is etched into my mind as a dead giveaway that Im about to get bombed if I dont have stability.

It looks hard to fight against, but after enough explosions you understand.

> @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > @syntohras.1064 said:

> > Doesn't matter. There shouldn't be any skill/short combo which allows to 1 shot people. Thief got hard nerved backstab wise because of that and it is mostly also a combo strike.

>

> Getting killed so quickly by a short combo is the fault of the player that got killed. Mesmer clones/phantasms don’t just suddenly appear. If the player could not anticipate the shatter then that’s on them.

>

> The OP complained about getting “**one**-shotted” over **seven** seconds. If they stood there and ate that much damage then it’s their own fault for not having situational awareness as well as the initiative to avoid/mitigate some or all of the damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEOk2Wtj95I&t=11s

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > Doesn't matter. There shouldn't be any skill/short combo which allows to 1 shot people. Thief got hard nerved backstab wise because of that and it is mostly also a combo strike.

> >

> > Getting killed so quickly by a short combo is the fault of the player that got killed. Mesmer clones/phantasms don’t just suddenly appear. If the player could not anticipate the shatter then that’s on them.

> >

> > The OP complained about getting “**one**-shotted” over **seven** seconds. If they stood there and ate that much damage then it’s their own fault for not having situational awareness as well as the initiative to avoid/mitigate some or all of the damage.

>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEOk2Wtj95I&t=11s

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

>Players want competition and fair challenge. They are frustrated that thief class is the only class that is exempt from competition and fair challenges and additionally are continually being rewarded for making no efforts and no hard work whatsoever

Did you watch that video before linking it?

Edit: I guess you're trying to point out mesmer hitting too hard, but the earlier quote + this video together in the same thread struck me as odd.

> @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > @syntohras.1064 said:

> > > > Doesn't matter. There shouldn't be any skill/short combo which allows to 1 shot people. Thief got hard nerved backstab wise because of that and it is mostly also a combo strike.

> > >

> > > Getting killed so quickly by a short combo is the fault of the player that got killed. Mesmer clones/phantasms don’t just suddenly appear. If the player could not anticipate the shatter then that’s on them.

> > >

> > > The OP complained about getting “**one**-shotted” over **seven** seconds. If they stood there and ate that much damage then it’s their own fault for not having situational awareness as well as the initiative to avoid/mitigate some or all of the damage.

> >

> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEOk2Wtj95I&t=11s

>

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> >Players want competition and fair challenge. They are frustrated that thief class is the only class that is exempt from competition and fair challenges and additionally are continually being rewarded for making no efforts and no hard work whatsoever

>

> Did you watch that video before linking it?

Thief/Mesmer. i mentioned both of these classes being at fault for gw2 low population.

(Thief/Mes counter each other) it is like those two classes were created and designed at the same time.

Here is an interesting article i had posted numerous time in the thread:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/articles/guild-wars-2-are-thieves-and-mesmer-s-the-cause-of-the-meta

"As an individual who plays both a Mesmer and a Thief, I’m well aware of each classes limitations. I’m also well aware of the sheer frustration at being hounded for an entire match by a class that has near permanent evasion, unparalleled mobility and almost free access to stealth. At times, it’s physically impossible to avoid the burst of a Thief because they’re relentless in their ability to pursue and deal damage to you. I’ve always believed that it’s inherently unfair that any class can stealth when there are no or few skills to physically break those using it, out of it. To then provide a class with stealth the ability to deal massive burst damage is a recipe for frustration and unsurprisingly, players sought to find a solution. I appreciate that the Mesmer is capable of stealthing and dealing enormous damage from it, but the key difference is that for the majority of the time, the Mesmer is fully visible. Its highest burst doesn’t come from stealth and its current stealths have lengthy cooldowns and short durations. In contrast, a Thief revolves around remaining immune to damage through evasions and bursting directly from the shadows."

> @syntohras.1064 said:

> >

> > > let me ask you a question: is 1 shotting competitive, and challenging

> >

> > No. Is there a class that can oneshot?

> >

> >

> >

>

> Yes a mesmer can easily oneshot any Full Glass Build.

is the build on metabattle?

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > > @syntohras.1064 said:

> > > > > Doesn't matter. There shouldn't be any skill/short combo which allows to 1 shot people. Thief got hard nerved backstab wise because of that and it is mostly also a combo strike.

> > > >

> > > > Getting killed so quickly by a short combo is the fault of the player that got killed. Mesmer clones/phantasms don’t just suddenly appear. If the player could not anticipate the shatter then that’s on them.

> > > >

> > > > The OP complained about getting “**one**-shotted” over **seven** seconds. If they stood there and ate that much damage then it’s their own fault for not having situational awareness as well as the initiative to avoid/mitigate some or all of the damage.

> > >

> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEOk2Wtj95I&t=11s

> >

> > >Players want competition and fair challenge. They are frustrated that thief class is the only class that is exempt from competition and fair challenges and additionally are continually being rewarded for making no efforts and no hard work whatsoever

> >

> > Did you watch that video before linking it?

>

> Thief/Mesmer. i mentioned both of these classes being at fault for gw2 low population.

I disagree with your conclusion, but at least I can appreciate your consistency. Sorry for the misunderstanding.