Deadeye damage should be nerfed

Vaeo.4097

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > @syntohras.1064 said:

> > > Doesn't matter. There shouldn't be any skill/short combo which allows to 1 shot people. Thief got hard nerved backstab wise because of that and it is mostly also a combo strike.

> >

> > Getting killed so quickly by a short combo is the fault of the player that got killed. Mesmer clones/phantasms don’t just suddenly appear. If the player could not anticipate the shatter then that’s on them.

> >

> > The OP complained about getting “**one**-shotted” over **seven** seconds. If they stood there and ate that much damage then it’s their own fault for not having situational awareness as well as the initiative to avoid/mitigate some or all of the damage.

>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEOk2Wtj95I&t=11s

That is what i mean.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > @Maugetarr.6823 said:

> > > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > > > @syntohras.1064 said:

> > > > > > Doesn't matter. There shouldn't be any skill/short combo which allows to 1 shot people. Thief got hard nerved backstab wise because of that and it is mostly also a combo strike.

> > > > >

> > > > > Getting killed so quickly by a short combo is the fault of the player that got killed. Mesmer clones/phantasms don’t just suddenly appear. If the player could not anticipate the shatter then that’s on them.

> > > > >

> > > > > The OP complained about getting “**one**-shotted” over **seven** seconds. If they stood there and ate that much damage then it’s their own fault for not having situational awareness as well as the initiative to avoid/mitigate some or all of the damage.

> > > >

> > > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEOk2Wtj95I&t=11s

> > >

> > > > @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > > >Players want competition and fair challenge. They are frustrated that thief class is the only class that is exempt from competition and fair challenges and additionally are continually being rewarded for making no efforts and no hard work whatsoever

> > >

> > > Did you watch that video before linking it?

> >

> > Thief/Mesmer. i mentioned both of these classes being at fault for gw2 low population.

>

> I disagree with your conclusion, but at least I can appreciate your consistency. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

no worries

I can't bother with these threads anymore. If you got "one shot instantly" by a DE, log off, create a Thief, buy a white Rifle, go in the PvP lobby, Spec DE and hit dummies. I promise you that if the first 2 keys you press are 5 (Kneel) then 4 (Death's Judgement), you'll find the experience enlightening.

Signed : A disgruntled Deadeye who went back to Daredevil out of frustration of having to deal with how much setup DE requires to do any kind of relevant damage in a game where "Condi-burst" is somehow a thing and much more effective at doing what my spec is supposed to do (which is nuke priority targets).

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > @syntohras.1064 said:

> > > Doesn't matter. There shouldn't be any skill/short combo which allows to 1 shot people. Thief got hard nerved backstab wise because of that and it is mostly also a combo strike.

> >

> > Getting killed so quickly by a short combo is the fault of the player that got killed. Mesmer clones/phantasms don’t just suddenly appear. If the player could not anticipate the shatter then that’s on them.

> >

> > The OP complained about getting “**one**-shotted” over **seven** seconds. If they stood there and ate that much damage then it’s their own fault for not having situational awareness as well as the initiative to avoid/mitigate some or all of the damage.

>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEOk2Wtj95I&t=11s

This guy is great I like how he qued the theme to rocky. Plus he's d/d that was one of my favorite builds to run in vanilla gw2 would kill all kinds of d/ps on d/d.

> @"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:

> > @Burnfall.9573 said:

>

> > let me ask you a question: is 1 shotting competitive, and challenging

>

> No. Is there a class that can oneshot?

>

>

>

Theoretically zerker war can one shot targets with low HP pool (when all stars line up).

As for topic, thank you for laugh, OP. DE is probably easiest thing to kill atm. Ofc it will kill something at some point if you don't focus them (same applies for rifle war kek).

WvW slaughter cannot be used as argument for sPvP because skill gap between them is huge.

In WvW people just run into each other and die almost instantly while in sPvP there are gritty fights for your life that can go for several minutes.

Any class with stealth/gap closer/long range attack can deal with deadeye. I run my version of core condi mesmer and stopped dying to deadeye after a while, and now i just sneak on him sniping, pump him full of torment and confusion and wait a bit until he goes down.