Should invisible tag be a thing???

CrimeMaker.8612

> @Aiga.3075 said:

> > @CrimeMaker.8612 said:

> > Arena Net seriously why dont you just give us players an invisible tag??? Its so annoying when you have to tag up to use the markers or when you just wanna raid as a guild and you dont want any pugs to join you... WvW isnt pve where players are gonna get salty if a guild is doing private raid and doesnt want pugs on them.. its the opposite here when a driver has to tag up to use markers and wants to private raid at the same time but you get pugs on you.. now you have to tell them to go away! yea thats what pisses players off not a guild wanting to have a private raid,

>

> I have seen guilds that put a afk tag up at spawn and run with the squad marker things. Kinda sad you have to do that with garbage people that do nothing but spy and pull tatcs.

mmm, we may do this since we do need s scouts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of guild missions, could make unique ones too if they really wanted to put a lot of work into the idea. Idk I see where exclusion could be an issue but there can def be a compromise. It could also potentially change the style of the current meta and people would adapt to either a bunch of small guilds running around or like a big guild with multiple small squads running around. Could be neat.

> @Norbe.7630 said:

> invite them to a WvW guild or atleast help them get a WvW guild as a commander "tag"

> All elitists must die.

The elitists aren't the ones dying, its the idiots following us doing most of that B)

> @mulzi.8273 said:

> I like these responses. These guilds that really think they are something special, and when they get wrecked, it couldn't possibly be because they were out played, it was because of pug rally bots.

Not worried about getting wrecked, mostly just don't like having 15 green names turning our 20 man group into a blob and making fights a simple matter of W keying the enemy. But rallybots are pretty annoying too I guess.

> @Hiraldo.7954 said:

> > @Norbe.7630 said:

> > invite them to a WvW guild or atleast help them get a WvW guild as a commander "tag"

> > All elitists must die.

>

> The elitists aren't the ones dying, its the idiots following us doing most of that B)

>

> > @mulzi.8273 said:

> > I like these responses. These guilds that really think they are something special, and when they get wrecked, it couldn't possibly be because they were out played, it was because of pug rally bots.

>

> Not worried about getting wrecked, mostly just don't like having 15 green names turning our 20 man group into a blob and making fights a simple matter of W keying the enemy. But rallybots are pretty annoying too I guess.

Then why do you need the squad tag marking?

Squad definitely need settings for the visibility of the tag so it's only for squad members, guild, or friends.

It also needs to have a different color border, thicker and more noticeable, around the portraits of the commander and appointed lieutenants. And there should be more tag shapes, and the shape and the color should be picked separately. And there should be a way to appoint tags for lieutenants other than the wonky creature markers (shift+alt+number), so they are also visible on the map.

But none of those changes will solve your particular problem. If people see a zerg, they may and start following it even if there's no tags. They have the right to do so. ANet already changed how many players can rally from a single player defeated. That's the most they can do about that particular issue. So the actual solution to your problem is in your hands: take control over those randoms, teach them, make them stop giving free revives to the enemy. If you don't it will keep happening.

> @CrimeMaker.8612 said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @CrimeMaker.8612 said:

> > > Arena Net seriously why dont you just give us players an invisible tag??? Its so annoying when you have to tag up to use the markers or when you just wanna raid as a guild and you dont want any pugs to join you... WvW isnt pve where players are gonna get salty if a guild is doing private raid and doesnt want pugs on them.. its the opposite here when a driver has to tag up to use markers and wants to private raid at the same time but you get pugs on you.. now you have to tell them to go away! yea thats what pisses players off not a guild wanting to have a private raid,

> >

> > The solution exists....

>

> they patched it :/

Nope, still works lol

Also I think invisible tag would be nice in general, instead of enemy servers having alt accounts logging in to see where you are located so they know where to go (aka tag watching). A couple of guilds I run with in WvW has had to resort to the "running tagless" tactic because of this reason. And no if someone is running tagless it doesn't mean they are an elitist. It just means they don't want to deal with enemy spies.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @Hiraldo.7954 said:

> > > @Norbe.7630 said:

> > > invite them to a WvW guild or atleast help them get a WvW guild as a commander "tag"

> > > All elitists must die.

> >

> > The elitists aren't the ones dying, its the idiots following us doing most of that B)

> >

> > > @mulzi.8273 said:

> > > I like these responses. These guilds that really think they are something special, and when they get wrecked, it couldn't possibly be because they were out played, it was because of pug rally bots.

> >

> > Not worried about getting wrecked, mostly just don't like having 15 green names turning our 20 man group into a blob and making fights a simple matter of W keying the enemy. But rallybots are pretty annoying too I guess.

>

> Then why do you need the squad tag marking?

For to private guild raid with the same quality and tools that a public raid squad with a commander tag has?

Is it really that fucking crazy that some of us want to have organized raids without inviting the whole map? The arguments against private tagging are fucking laughable. They're all "well if ur too gud for pugs u don't need a tag!", like hey idiot, my guildies can be far better than pugs and could still stand to benefit from a squad tag.

Like you Strider, you commented a group using VoIP should not need a tag lmfao. How do you know where to stack and position in a fight with all the AoE clutter and players? Shall we yell map coordinates over TS? Let's just use the call target on the Commander you say? AND LOSE ANOTHER FEATURE THAT EVERY PUBLIC RAID SQUAD DOES NOT HAVE TO GIVE UP?

We are asking for PARITY in features between squads that publicly tag and squads that want to privately tag, because squads that don't want to go public will raid privately anyway, be it with a bugged tag marker or tagless. All the arguments against this parity have been nothing but attacks on organized groups and how LOL UR GUILD SUX CUZ U NEED PRIVATE TAG! Pathetic.

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> the tag is there for a reason, it is an invitation for everyone to come and join. If you don't want pugs to join then don't use the tag! SIMPLE!

This is why everyone should tag up regardless of whether or not they're actually doing anything. With 50 or so tags in a map, they'd have so much choice of whom to hang around. Also simple. :)

> @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > @Hiraldo.7954 said:

> > > > @Norbe.7630 said:

> > > > invite them to a WvW guild or atleast help them get a WvW guild as a commander "tag"

> > > > All elitists must die.

> > >

> > > The elitists aren't the ones dying, its the idiots following us doing most of that B)

> > >

> > > > @mulzi.8273 said:

> > > > I like these responses. These guilds that really think they are something special, and when they get wrecked, it couldn't possibly be because they were out played, it was because of pug rally bots.

> > >

> > > Not worried about getting wrecked, mostly just don't like having 15 green names turning our 20 man group into a blob and making fights a simple matter of W keying the enemy. But rallybots are pretty annoying too I guess.

> >

> > Then why do you need the squad tag marking?

>

> For to private guild raid with the same quality and tools that a public raid squad with a commander tag has?

>

> Is it really that kitten crazy that some of us want to have organized raids without inviting the whole map? The arguments against private tagging are kitten laughable. They're all "well if ur too gud for pugs u don't need a tag!", like hey idiot, my guildies can be far better than pugs and could still stand to benefit from a squad tag.

>

> Like you Strider, you commented a group using VoIP should not need a tag lmfao. How do you know where to stack and position in a fight with all the AoE clutter and players? Shall we yell map coordinates over TS? Let's just use the call target on the Commander you say? AND LOSE ANOTHER FEATURE THAT EVERY PUBLIC RAID SQUAD DOES NOT HAVE TO GIVE UP?

>

> We are asking for PARITY in features between squads that publicly tag and squads that want to privately tag, because squads that don't want to go public will raid privately anyway, be it with a bugged tag marker or tagless. All the arguments against this parity have been nothing but attacks on organized groups and how LOL UR GUILD SUX CUZ U NEED PRIVATE TAG! Pathetic.

Whoa... I imagine getting all of that from people is extremely annoying. I was asking for clarification, not trying to blast organized guilds for it.

The havoc squad I run in doesn't have those issues, but we're talking 6-10, not >30.

Trying to get some of the reasoned responses out in the open, instead of the reactive ones that come in here.

A-net has said they are opposed to it, so, was trying to elicit a reasoned response to the question.

Because most of the time the answer comes out only as :we don't want anyone else!!!! And not the why.

Just not wanting people won't change their mind. Maybe the 'why' will.

> > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @Hiraldo.7954 said:

> > > > > @Norbe.7630 said:

> > > > > invite them to a WvW guild or atleast help them get a WvW guild as a commander "tag"

> > > > > All elitists must die.

> > > >

> > > > The elitists aren't the ones dying, its the idiots following us doing most of that B)

> > > >

> > > > > @mulzi.8273 said:

> > > > > I like these responses. These guilds that really think they are something special, and when they get wrecked, it couldn't possibly be because they were out played, it was because of pug rally bots.

> > > >

> > > > Not worried about getting wrecked, mostly just don't like having 15 green names turning our 20 man group into a blob and making fights a simple matter of W keying the enemy. But rallybots are pretty annoying too I guess.

> > >

> > > Then why do you need the squad tag marking?

> >

> > For to private guild raid with the same quality and tools that a public raid squad with a commander tag has?

> >

> > Is it really that kitten crazy that some of us want to have organized raids without inviting the whole map? The arguments against private tagging are kitten laughable. They're all "well if ur too gud for pugs u don't need a tag!", like hey idiot, my guildies can be far better than pugs and could still stand to benefit from a squad tag.

> >

> > Like you Strider, you commented a group using VoIP should not need a tag lmfao. How do you know where to stack and position in a fight with all the AoE clutter and players? Shall we yell map coordinates over TS? Let's just use the call target on the Commander you say? AND LOSE ANOTHER FEATURE THAT EVERY PUBLIC RAID SQUAD DOES NOT HAVE TO GIVE UP?

> >

> > We are asking for PARITY in features between squads that publicly tag and squads that want to privately tag, because squads that don't want to go public will raid privately anyway, be it with a bugged tag marker or tagless. All the arguments against this parity have been nothing but attacks on organized groups and how LOL UR GUILD SUX CUZ U NEED PRIVATE TAG! Pathetic.

>

> Whoa... I imagine getting all of that from people is extremely annoying. I was asking for clarification, not trying to blast organized guilds for it.

>

> The havoc squad I run in doesn't have those issues, but we're talking 6-10, not >30.

>

> Trying to get some of the reasoned responses out in the open, instead of the reactive ones that come in here.

>

> A-net has said they are opposed to it, so, was trying to elicit a reasoned response to the question.

>

> Because most of the time the answer comes out only as :we don't want anyone else!!!! And not the why.

>

> Just not wanting people won't change their mind. Maybe the 'why' will.

My bad I did take your comment the wrong way and apologize.

The why for me is easy, tags pull too many people. A group that wants to be organized runs a tag, and the assumption is that the general public will follow the tag. But not every group that wants to be organized wants the general public to follow them. Skill level is the easy culprit, but to me pugs are just as likely to ruin fights just by being too many of them and overwhelming enemies too easily. Fair and exciting 10v10 turns into boring 20v10. There you go, my version of "why" that actually puts pugs on a pedestal instead of calling them shit.

> @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @Hiraldo.7954 said:

> > > > > > @Norbe.7630 said:

> > > > > > invite them to a WvW guild or atleast help them get a WvW guild as a commander "tag"

> > > > > > All elitists must die.

> > > > >

> > > > > The elitists aren't the ones dying, its the idiots following us doing most of that B)

> > > > >

> > > > > > @mulzi.8273 said:

> > > > > > I like these responses. These guilds that really think they are something special, and when they get wrecked, it couldn't possibly be because they were out played, it was because of pug rally bots.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not worried about getting wrecked, mostly just don't like having 15 green names turning our 20 man group into a blob and making fights a simple matter of W keying the enemy. But rallybots are pretty annoying too I guess.

> > > >

> > > > Then why do you need the squad tag marking?

> > >

> > > For to private guild raid with the same quality and tools that a public raid squad with a commander tag has?

> > >

> > > Is it really that kitten crazy that some of us want to have organized raids without inviting the whole map? The arguments against private tagging are kitten laughable. They're all "well if ur too gud for pugs u don't need a tag!", like hey idiot, my guildies can be far better than pugs and could still stand to benefit from a squad tag.

> > >

> > > Like you Strider, you commented a group using VoIP should not need a tag lmfao. How do you know where to stack and position in a fight with all the AoE clutter and players? Shall we yell map coordinates over TS? Let's just use the call target on the Commander you say? AND LOSE ANOTHER FEATURE THAT EVERY PUBLIC RAID SQUAD DOES NOT HAVE TO GIVE UP?

> > >

> > > We are asking for PARITY in features between squads that publicly tag and squads that want to privately tag, because squads that don't want to go public will raid privately anyway, be it with a bugged tag marker or tagless. All the arguments against this parity have been nothing but attacks on organized groups and how LOL UR GUILD SUX CUZ U NEED PRIVATE TAG! Pathetic.

> >

> > Whoa... I imagine getting all of that from people is extremely annoying. I was asking for clarification, not trying to blast organized guilds for it.

> >

> > The havoc squad I run in doesn't have those issues, but we're talking 6-10, not >30.

> >

> > Trying to get some of the reasoned responses out in the open, instead of the reactive ones that come in here.

> >

> > A-net has said they are opposed to it, so, was trying to elicit a reasoned response to the question.

> >

> > Because most of the time the answer comes out only as :we don't want anyone else!!!! And not the why.

> >

> > Just not wanting people won't change their mind. Maybe the 'why' will.

>

> My bad I did take your comment the wrong way and apologize.

>

> The why for me is easy, tags pull too many people. A group that wants to be organized runs a tag, and the assumption is that the general public will follow the tag. But not every group that wants to be organized wants the general public to follow them. Skill level is the easy culprit, but to me pugs are just as likely to ruin fights just by being too many of them and overwhelming enemies too easily. Fair and exciting 10v10 turns into boring 20v10. There you go, my version of "why" that actually puts pugs on a pedestal instead of calling them kitten.

No apology needed given what I've seen spouted in here over the past several months.

Yes, I agree that too many people together does hurt those type of fights and makes it harder.

Honestly I am not sure where I stand overall. I see Anets point about people just logging out if they don't see a tag, but guilds should have the right to be limited...

The best answer I guess would be people respecting the groups wishes to run alone, but that won't happen.

> > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @Hiraldo.7954 said:

> > > > > > > @Norbe.7630 said:

> > > > > > > invite them to a WvW guild or atleast help them get a WvW guild as a commander "tag"

> > > > > > > All elitists must die.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The elitists aren't the ones dying, its the idiots following us doing most of that B)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @mulzi.8273 said:

> > > > > > > I like these responses. These guilds that really think they are something special, and when they get wrecked, it couldn't possibly be because they were out played, it was because of pug rally bots.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not worried about getting wrecked, mostly just don't like having 15 green names turning our 20 man group into a blob and making fights a simple matter of W keying the enemy. But rallybots are pretty annoying too I guess.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then why do you need the squad tag marking?

> > > >

> > > > For to private guild raid with the same quality and tools that a public raid squad with a commander tag has?

> > > >

> > > > Is it really that kitten crazy that some of us want to have organized raids without inviting the whole map? The arguments against private tagging are kitten laughable. They're all "well if ur too gud for pugs u don't need a tag!", like hey idiot, my guildies can be far better than pugs and could still stand to benefit from a squad tag.

> > > >

> > > > Like you Strider, you commented a group using VoIP should not need a tag lmfao. How do you know where to stack and position in a fight with all the AoE clutter and players? Shall we yell map coordinates over TS? Let's just use the call target on the Commander you say? AND LOSE ANOTHER FEATURE THAT EVERY PUBLIC RAID SQUAD DOES NOT HAVE TO GIVE UP?

> > > >

> > > > We are asking for PARITY in features between squads that publicly tag and squads that want to privately tag, because squads that don't want to go public will raid privately anyway, be it with a bugged tag marker or tagless. All the arguments against this parity have been nothing but attacks on organized groups and how LOL UR GUILD SUX CUZ U NEED PRIVATE TAG! Pathetic.

> > >

> > > Whoa... I imagine getting all of that from people is extremely annoying. I was asking for clarification, not trying to blast organized guilds for it.

> > >

> > > The havoc squad I run in doesn't have those issues, but we're talking 6-10, not >30.

> > >

> > > Trying to get some of the reasoned responses out in the open, instead of the reactive ones that come in here.

> > >

> > > A-net has said they are opposed to it, so, was trying to elicit a reasoned response to the question.

> > >

> > > Because most of the time the answer comes out only as :we don't want anyone else!!!! And not the why.

> > >

> > > Just not wanting people won't change their mind. Maybe the 'why' will.

> >

> > My bad I did take your comment the wrong way and apologize.

> >

> > The why for me is easy, tags pull too many people. A group that wants to be organized runs a tag, and the assumption is that the general public will follow the tag. But not every group that wants to be organized wants the general public to follow them. Skill level is the easy culprit, but to me pugs are just as likely to ruin fights just by being too many of them and overwhelming enemies too easily. Fair and exciting 10v10 turns into boring 20v10. There you go, my version of "why" that actually puts pugs on a pedestal instead of calling them kitten.

>

> No apology needed given what I've seen spouted in here over the past several months.

>

> Yes, I agree that too many people together does hurt those type of fights and makes it harder.

>

> Honestly I am not sure where I stand overall. I see Anets point about people just logging out if they don't see a tag, but guilds should have the right to be limited...

>

> The best answer I guess would be people respecting the groups wishes to run alone, but that won't happen.

Yeah, guilds should be allowed to do guild things with the tools to make it less of a pain in the a-hole to coordinate. Especially for WvW guild missions and guild WvW raids. ANet should just give us something called a "Guild Mark"...A guild would purchase this for 300 gold and a guild permission for "Allow use of Guild Mark" could be added to control which guild members can use it. What this Guild Mark would do is allow for a guild group that can be up to 50 people large, include a little guild emblem above the leader's head... Only be seen by those in the group, allows for targeting and placing ground and targeted icons on things, and have its own private chat channel. It could be set to either allow or disallow invitations to the group. There, it wouldn't be called a "Commander Tag" and wouldn't be personally owned but would instead be a guild tool for use by the guilds that own them.

> @CedarDog.9723 said:

> > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > @Hiraldo.7954 said:

> > > > > > > > @Norbe.7630 said:

> > > > > > > > invite them to a WvW guild or atleast help them get a WvW guild as a commander "tag"

> > > > > > > > All elitists must die.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The elitists aren't the ones dying, its the idiots following us doing most of that B)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @mulzi.8273 said:

> > > > > > > > I like these responses. These guilds that really think they are something special, and when they get wrecked, it couldn't possibly be because they were out played, it was because of pug rally bots.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not worried about getting wrecked, mostly just don't like having 15 green names turning our 20 man group into a blob and making fights a simple matter of W keying the enemy. But rallybots are pretty annoying too I guess.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Then why do you need the squad tag marking?

> > > > >

> > > > > For to private guild raid with the same quality and tools that a public raid squad with a commander tag has?

> > > > >

> > > > > Is it really that kitten crazy that some of us want to have organized raids without inviting the whole map? The arguments against private tagging are kitten laughable. They're all "well if ur too gud for pugs u don't need a tag!", like hey idiot, my guildies can be far better than pugs and could still stand to benefit from a squad tag.

> > > > >

> > > > > Like you Strider, you commented a group using VoIP should not need a tag lmfao. How do you know where to stack and position in a fight with all the AoE clutter and players? Shall we yell map coordinates over TS? Let's just use the call target on the Commander you say? AND LOSE ANOTHER FEATURE THAT EVERY PUBLIC RAID SQUAD DOES NOT HAVE TO GIVE UP?

> > > > >

> > > > > We are asking for PARITY in features between squads that publicly tag and squads that want to privately tag, because squads that don't want to go public will raid privately anyway, be it with a bugged tag marker or tagless. All the arguments against this parity have been nothing but attacks on organized groups and how LOL UR GUILD SUX CUZ U NEED PRIVATE TAG! Pathetic.

> > > >

> > > > Whoa... I imagine getting all of that from people is extremely annoying. I was asking for clarification, not trying to blast organized guilds for it.

> > > >

> > > > The havoc squad I run in doesn't have those issues, but we're talking 6-10, not >30.

> > > >

> > > > Trying to get some of the reasoned responses out in the open, instead of the reactive ones that come in here.

> > > >

> > > > A-net has said they are opposed to it, so, was trying to elicit a reasoned response to the question.

> > > >

> > > > Because most of the time the answer comes out only as :we don't want anyone else!!!! And not the why.

> > > >

> > > > Just not wanting people won't change their mind. Maybe the 'why' will.

> > >

> > > My bad I did take your comment the wrong way and apologize.

> > >

> > > The why for me is easy, tags pull too many people. A group that wants to be organized runs a tag, and the assumption is that the general public will follow the tag. But not every group that wants to be organized wants the general public to follow them. Skill level is the easy culprit, but to me pugs are just as likely to ruin fights just by being too many of them and overwhelming enemies too easily. Fair and exciting 10v10 turns into boring 20v10. There you go, my version of "why" that actually puts pugs on a pedestal instead of calling them kitten.

> >

> > No apology needed given what I've seen spouted in here over the past several months.

> >

> > Yes, I agree that too many people together does hurt those type of fights and makes it harder.

> >

> > Honestly I am not sure where I stand overall. I see Anets point about people just logging out if they don't see a tag, but guilds should have the right to be limited...

> >

> > The best answer I guess would be people respecting the groups wishes to run alone, but that won't happen.

>

> Yeah, guilds should be allowed to do guild things with the tools to make it less of a pain in the kitten to coordinate. Especially for WvW guild missions and guild WvW raids. ANet should just give us something called a "Guild Mark"...A guild would purchase this for 300 gold and a guild permission for "Allow use of Guild Mark" could be added to control which guild members can use it. What this Guild Mark would do is allow for a guild group that can be up to 50 people large, include a little guild emblem above the leader's head... Only be seen by those in the group, allows for targeting and placing ground and targeted icons on things, and have its own private chat channel. It could be set to either allow or disallow invitations to the group. There, it wouldn't be called a "Commander Tag" and wouldn't be personally owned but would instead be a guild tool for use by the guilds that own them.

Not sure I agree with the gold investment as the whole guild hall and scribe thing are huge gold sinks already, but IF it were just a guild thing, then only having guild members repping being able to see it. That limits it in a few ways.

> > @CedarDog.9723 said:

> > > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

> > > > > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > > > > @Hiraldo.7954 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Norbe.7630 said:

> > > > > > > > > invite them to a WvW guild or atleast help them get a WvW guild as a commander "tag"

> > > > > > > > > All elitists must die.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The elitists aren't the ones dying, its the idiots following us doing most of that B)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @mulzi.8273 said:

> > > > > > > > > I like these responses. These guilds that really think they are something special, and when they get wrecked, it couldn't possibly be because they were out played, it was because of pug rally bots.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Not worried about getting wrecked, mostly just don't like having 15 green names turning our 20 man group into a blob and making fights a simple matter of W keying the enemy. But rallybots are pretty annoying too I guess.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Then why do you need the squad tag marking?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For to private guild raid with the same quality and tools that a public raid squad with a commander tag has?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Is it really that kitten crazy that some of us want to have organized raids without inviting the whole map? The arguments against private tagging are kitten laughable. They're all "well if ur too gud for pugs u don't need a tag!", like hey idiot, my guildies can be far better than pugs and could still stand to benefit from a squad tag.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Like you Strider, you commented a group using VoIP should not need a tag lmfao. How do you know where to stack and position in a fight with all the AoE clutter and players? Shall we yell map coordinates over TS? Let's just use the call target on the Commander you say? AND LOSE ANOTHER FEATURE THAT EVERY PUBLIC RAID SQUAD DOES NOT HAVE TO GIVE UP?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We are asking for PARITY in features between squads that publicly tag and squads that want to privately tag, because squads that don't want to go public will raid privately anyway, be it with a bugged tag marker or tagless. All the arguments against this parity have been nothing but attacks on organized groups and how LOL UR GUILD SUX CUZ U NEED PRIVATE TAG! Pathetic.

> > > > >

> > > > > Whoa... I imagine getting all of that from people is extremely annoying. I was asking for clarification, not trying to blast organized guilds for it.

> > > > >

> > > > > The havoc squad I run in doesn't have those issues, but we're talking 6-10, not >30.

> > > > >

> > > > > Trying to get some of the reasoned responses out in the open, instead of the reactive ones that come in here.

> > > > >

> > > > > A-net has said they are opposed to it, so, was trying to elicit a reasoned response to the question.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because most of the time the answer comes out only as :we don't want anyone else!!!! And not the why.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just not wanting people won't change their mind. Maybe the 'why' will.

> > > >

> > > > My bad I did take your comment the wrong way and apologize.

> > > >

> > > > The why for me is easy, tags pull too many people. A group that wants to be organized runs a tag, and the assumption is that the general public will follow the tag. But not every group that wants to be organized wants the general public to follow them. Skill level is the easy culprit, but to me pugs are just as likely to ruin fights just by being too many of them and overwhelming enemies too easily. Fair and exciting 10v10 turns into boring 20v10. There you go, my version of "why" that actually puts pugs on a pedestal instead of calling them kitten.

> > >

> > > No apology needed given what I've seen spouted in here over the past several months.

> > >

> > > Yes, I agree that too many people together does hurt those type of fights and makes it harder.

> > >

> > > Honestly I am not sure where I stand overall. I see Anets point about people just logging out if they don't see a tag, but guilds should have the right to be limited...

> > >

> > > The best answer I guess would be people respecting the groups wishes to run alone, but that won't happen.

> >

> > Yeah, guilds should be allowed to do guild things with the tools to make it less of a pain in the kitten to coordinate. Especially for WvW guild missions and guild WvW raids. ANet should just give us something called a "Guild Mark"...A guild would purchase this for 300 gold and a guild permission for "Allow use of Guild Mark" could be added to control which guild members can use it. What this Guild Mark would do is allow for a guild group that can be up to 50 people large, include a little guild emblem above the leader's head... Only be seen by those in the group, allows for targeting and placing ground and targeted icons on things, and have its own private chat channel. It could be set to either allow or disallow invitations to the group. There, it wouldn't be called a "Commander Tag" and wouldn't be personally owned but would instead be a guild tool for use by the guilds that own them.

>

> Not sure I agree with the gold investment as the whole guild hall and scribe thing are huge gold sinks already, but IF it were just a guild thing, then only having guild members repping being able to see it. That limits it in a few ways.

After the rest of the gold sinks that guilds have, 300g is a drop in the bucket. (And the same price as a personal Commander Tag...which would be a deal, since up to 500 people could potentially have access to the Guild Mark.) But yeah, you have to be repping the guild to use it (and perhaps see it). The ONLY time people I run with ever want/mention wanting an invisible tag is when we're doing guild raids or guild WvW missions (although would be useful during regular open world guild missions too), so that limitation wouldn't cause any hardship and would make sense. :)

> Then why do you need the squad tag marking?

Having a squad lets us organize parties and subgroups easily, and while we could just have no tag and call target on the driver, that prevents us from using the target feature to call out targets to our party. And if someone forgets and calls target on some out of position necro or whatever, we've lost our tag and have to find the driver again in the middle of the fight.

You also lose out on squad markers if nobody has a tag which are really useful. There can be no lieutenants or shared participation without a tag. And nobody can rearrange or kick people in/from the squad if nobody is tagged. Also, if the squad isn't closed before the tagged player leaves and rejoins, anybody can right click -> join and take over the squad if they have a commander tag.

heres the thing, im on a guild that is a WvW guild and frequently runs closed squad or as you called "invisible tag", when pugs saw our guild run they follow without hesitation because by experience they knew we will win most of the fights so they follow, but me having my memories being a WvW newbie too before as on their point of view currently, i asked myself, "is this WvW?" , "is WvW not for everyone?", "is WvW just for some people to gather and have fun?", "why can't i join other people's games so i can learn and have fun too like them?"

are you willing to sacrifice the opportunity to bring more people to WvW or took it for granted for your guild's agenda?

that is the conclusion to your poll thats why i voted no, i voted no for the WvW community not for my guild