The new Mesmer builds

IceTcK.4358

> @Roxanne.6140 said:

> I agree. I'm surprised nobody else complained about that one-shotting mirage. Maybe it's my l2p but what's there to l2p when someone cones our of stealth and u have virtually no time to react

But I don't need to play mirage to be able to one shot someone as a mesmer... As long as I have Domination (Mental Anguish) and Dueling (Superiority Complex), the 3rd line is irrelevant and will one-shot you regardless of which one it is. I've played the one shot mesmer as Core (Illusions), as Chrono and as Mirage, and it work exactly the same on all three.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @Roxanne.6140 said:

> > I agree. I'm surprised nobody else complained about that one-shotting mirage. Maybe it's my l2p but what's there to l2p when someone cones our of stealth and u have virtually no time to react

>

> But I don't need to play mirage to be able to one shot someone as a mesmer... As long as I have Domination and Dueling, the 3rd line is irrelevant and will one-shot you regardless of which one it is.

I'm not talking about one-shotting a zerker thief. I'm talking about some mirage being able to one-shot a full trailblazer geared character. So the standard is to rum around in knights or sentinels gear now?

> @Roxanne.6140 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > @Roxanne.6140 said:

> > > I agree. I'm surprised nobody else complained about that one-shotting mirage. Maybe it's my l2p but what's there to l2p when someone cones our of stealth and u have virtually no time to react

> >

> > But I don't need to play mirage to be able to one shot someone as a mesmer... As long as I have Domination and Dueling, the 3rd line is irrelevant and will one-shot you regardless of which one it is.

>

> I'm not talking about one-shotting a zerker thief. I'm talking about some mirage being able to one-shot a full trailblazer geared character. So the standard is to rum around in knights or sentinels gear now?

It still won't save you when I can one-shot a Full Trailblazer necro that have roughly 26k HP and 3,2k Armor. I've hit Mind Wracks up to 8k PER ILLUSION in some people. But when I said Superiority Complex was a overtuned trait people called me a idiot and said I was overreacting (Despite I'm being one of the Mesmers that was abusing of it). Now people are dealing with the aftermatch of it...

> @Roxanne.6140 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > @Roxanne.6140 said:

> > > I agree. I'm surprised nobody else complained about that one-shotting mirage. Maybe it's my l2p but what's there to l2p when someone cones our of stealth and u have virtually no time to react

> >

> > But I don't need to play mirage to be able to one shot someone as a mesmer... As long as I have Domination and Dueling, the 3rd line is irrelevant and will one-shot you regardless of which one it is.

>

> I'm not talking about one-shotting a zerker thief. I'm talking about some mirage being able to one-shot a full trailblazer geared character. So the standard is to rum around in knights or sentinels gear now?

Still nothing to do with mirage per say. There is nothing in the spec that will help you oneshot people with power damage. Quite the opposite - its aimed at mobility, survivability and condi.

The reason few complain about the mesmer is simple. Even fewer are playing it than before PoF because everyone is cheezing OP elites on other classes instead. Its not bad (I have changed from scrapper -> mirage for my WvW main because I dont like the holo), its just never been popular to begin with.

> @IceTcK.4358 said:

> What do you people think about the new abilities of the mesmer? In my opinion they got too over powered due to the spam of clones and if its a condi mesmer just make it worse. It looks to me like a thief on steroids. What about you ?

Sounds like you got Mesmer-ized :smirk:

> @Arlette.9684 said:

> > @IceTcK.4358 said:

> > What do you people think about the new abilities of the mesmer? In my opinion they got too over powered due to the spam of clones and if its a condi mesmer just make it worse. It looks to me like a thief on steroids. What about you ?

>

> Sounds like you got Mesmer-ized :smirk:

yeah, pretty much, when 2 mesmer pop out of stealth with 5 clones each , the only thing that pops in my mind is how a squad of 10 people passed by unspotted XD

> @Roxanne.6140 said:

> I agree. I'm surprised nobody else complained about that one-shotting mirage. Maybe it's my l2p but what's there to l2p when someone cones our of stealth and u have virtually no time to react

you got time to react, problem is you cannot because you're constantly dazed, thus cannot use a single skill to fight back which is worse than anything else. stuns can be broken, condis cleansed, but dazed disables all your skills and with that Mirages are pure cancer when each clone deals over 5k dmg.

> @Junkpile.7439 said:

> I don't understand why mesmers won't play built that evade whole time. I always ask enemy mesmers that when they get zerged down.

Not sure if you're trolling or not, but this thread is exhibit a that people think the most ridiculous things about mesmer, so I'll take this seriously. No mesmer build, mirage or otherwise, has even close to a high uptime on evasion.

> @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > I don't understand why mesmers won't play built that evade whole time. I always ask enemy mesmers that when they get zerged down.

>

> Not sure if you're trolling or not, but this thread is exhibit a that people think the most ridiculous things about mesmer, so I'll take this seriously. No mesmer build, mirage or otherwise, has even close to a high uptime on evasion.

But Pyro I can run full traited signets, with sigil of energy on both weapon set, and runes of the adventurer and be able to perma evade!

/s

On a serious note, this thread is full of over exaggeration. 5 clones, 8k mind wracks, etc

To be honest, whether PvP or WvW, I’ve not seen any of this, as a matter of fact Mirage is the one thing I love to see because of how quickly they die. Of course that, like everything else presented in this thread, is only antecedol evidence.

I take it this got moved from another subforum?

Anyway, to the topic - just LOL... :/

Burst is burst - all mesmer has been able to do this for ages. Condi is condi, likewise.

Mirage builds typically do NOT have anywhere near the sustain of Chrono using RI... The most sustain a typical mirage build will have is regen (so overpowered...) and Elusive Mind with evade spam (sigils/runes/food/vigour) to deal with condi/cc.

Even in my preferred build of maximised evade spam (Mirage/Duelling/Chaos), most of the damage comes from obvious weapon attacks that are easy to learn, spot, and anticipate. The problem is many players haven't yet got used to the tells for mirage, especially taking into consideration ambushes and teleports, but as with all mesmer there are emerging flexible combos that will become easier to predict as time goes on.

Yes Mirage is harder to hit, yes I have survived surprising encounters while solo in wvw - but this is nothing compared to an evade spamming DD... seriously...

In my opinion, the only op thing about mirage right now is its stun break on dodge (pvp aspect). It encourages bad map awareness, lowers the skill ceiling and just generally adds more power creep in the building. I do understand that it might be okay considering the op'ness and power creep of the other specs out there, but for the sake of the game well-being this should be looked into on a par with other specs broken mechanics.

> @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > I don't understand why mesmers won't play built that evade whole time. I always ask enemy mesmers that when they get zerged down.

>

> Not sure if you're trolling or not, but this thread is exhibit a that people think the most ridiculous things about mesmer, so I'll take this seriously. No mesmer build, mirage or otherwise, has even close to a high uptime on evasion.

But Pyro, didn't you see that video where the mirage got "permanent" evade uptime against the training golem? Clearly all mirages have perm evade /s

• 2 weeks later...

j> @Cwnannwn.7681 said:

> It's not commonly known, but all mesmers can take 4 specializations, and 2 talents for every tier.

It's known. lol. Mesmers have all traits at once because mesmer clones just take the remaining traits. Always make clones before you spec. It op. it meta. Pls Anet, fire someone. Anyways, the real problems lie with the finishers, they do too much damage right now.

/random

>No mesmer build, mirage or otherwise, has even close to a high uptime on evasion.

Runes of the Adventure,

Sigil of energy

+40% more endurance regen food (that shit is really broken on mirage)

Permanent Vigor with critical infusion and nomad's endurance

I run that in WvW for roaming, its crazy evasive and against a lot of builds you can deny them almost any skill with sword dazes/stuns.

>Not sure if you're trolling or not, but this thread is exhibit a that people think the most ridiculous things about mesmer, so I'll take this seriously.

Well maybee you are the one that does not need to be taken seriously if you think you cant reach high dodge uptime on any form of mesmer.