Question: Can legendary weapons be refunded?

"Question: Can legendary weapons be refunded?"

No. In my case it wasn't a Legendary, it was the basic Ascended quiver... Back in 2014, I really wantred a quiver for my Ranger so I crafted it, wasted ALL my Gold on it but then I realized it was clipping on my Sylvari during running and I was extremely disappointed. I submitted a ticket and said it looked horrible on my character and would like either my gold or mats back (I was polite). They said they do not return materials or gold for crafted items. So feel free to give it a try but I'm pretty sure they will say no to you as well.

They normally don’t give you mats/gold you’ve bought/gathered then used. They’ll sometimes give you the item again if you delete it however giving mats and gold after crafting is contributing to inflation. They would be making hundreds or thousands of gold worth of mats/gold coin out of thin air to give to you. Add to that the fact they can’t delete out of your wardrobe and essentially you're asking to get the item for free since you’d still have the skin and you’d get your gold/mats back if they did refunds. Repeat that with everyone who decided they didn’t like the items they crafted and got refunded on, and it would impact the game’s economy.

Is the problem that you don't use it because you don't like how it look?

Because I personally don't find any legendary to look all that great. I would want one for the stats (and maybe easy stat changing compared to ascended).

I would just use a skin I like the most over it. Who care about showing off "ooh, I got this legendary" as long as you enjoy how it look like?

You can even make it look like a damn "Worn hammer" if you wanted to.

As other people have said Support don't refund items you crafted or bought with gold, or any item you've had for some time. The only exception is when Arenanet fundamentally changes how they work - like when town clothes were converted to outfits/armour/tonics or when they added the wardrobe and it was no longer necessary to make 2 identical legendaries to dual-wield them. Even that's not consistent, when they added shared inventory slots they refused to refund duplicate copper-fed salvage kits and infinite tools people had bought, even though the addition of shared slots made the extra items redundant.

As far as I know they won't even refund gem store purchases if the reason is just that you've changed your mind. Unless maybe you had literally just bought it and then realised it wasn't what you thought it was.

If you don't like how the legendary looks the best thing you can do is put a different skin on it. (And remember in future not to buy/craft expensive items unless you're absolutely sure you want to use them.)

> @Seera.5916 said:

> > @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > I'm 99% sure they won't refund you or remove the skin from your account.

>

> To add to this, I'm 99% sure they can't remove the skin from your account due to programming limitations and therefore can't refund the legendary.

Removing a skin is probably easy but who knows how deep the rabbit hole goes?

A proper implementation can't just remove the skin. You would have to remove the skin. Then for example in the case of legendary, revert the counter for legendary collector, potentially remove twice told legend, remove the associated AP, somehow mark the account to avoid awarding the same AP chests multiple times, the AP chests may have given skins and then you have to revert those which means a system to track the unlock order of those skins.

By all means DO submit a ticket though. Anecdotal evidence suggests that support is sometimes that careless if you are lucky and you'll find yourself with a free legendary.