• Last Reply

> @Saiyan.1704 said:

> > @messiah.1908 said:

> > > @Saiyan.1704 said:

> > > > @messiah.1908 said:

> > > > > @Exciton.8942 said:

> > > > > > @messiah.1908 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > if the build can handle 1v1 it doesnt mean its OP. it means you need +1. ranger versus ele 1v1 they both cant kill each other so lets nerf them?!

> > > > >

> > > > > Ppl defending this build keeps ignoring the fundamental difference from other support builds.

> > > > >

> > > > > In druid vs tempest 1v1, no one will be able to decap or cap nodes. With ventari rev, it is so easy to decap anyone and only a matter of time to cap a node.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > you right. matter of time. so make the right rotation and +1. this build force a team play not a nerf play.

> > >

> > > I don't understand your Vent Rev Biasness in all these bunk Rev threads...

> > >

> > > You're wrong, players Do Not work as a team in SoloQ.

> > >

> > > You're right, Vent Rev are easier to handle in a premade vs premade scenario.

> > >

> > > Lastly, Vent Rev IS more difficult to handle compared to old Turret Engi, of which, WAS easy to out rotate (cause his turrets literally cant move..) yet Anet removed them.

> > >

> > > These are the facts of Vent Rev. Anyone else has no other argument. If you do, you're running with a good Mes or Thief and are NOT the minority; nor are you at the mercy of Matchmaking...

> >

> > i play mostly soloq. before the match starts i ask guard to play with me, thief to decap far. this way with guard we could hold 2v3 while i ress him or heal him and he did all the dmg. i didnt even used EE only when he was down. pvp is team effort. when i was targeted by enemy team the guard put his dmg on me to force them to back off. i dont know this guard but we had fun. dont forget that we get more dmg, more cc ad more condi burst compare to the era of turret engi. so you cant compare those two.

> > in team fight rev wont abuse EE as he needs nrg to support his allies. if rev does 1v1 his team has no support so the enemy team should win team fights.

> > you can also see comment of players said they can handle this build, counter it, or out rotate it. and you still refuse.

>

> While you have games where players listen to you, i'm over here pinging mini map, sending numerous team chat messages, about how our Necro shouldn't 1v1 a rev on a point that we did not own... he rotated off of mid which we owned to fight him and left mid 2v3. You may have those games but again, MANY players are at the mercy of matchmaking. In the long run, Vent Rev BAITS noobs all too often to the point of map snowball.

>

> You're talking about Era vs Era which is completely besides the point - old Turret Engi has a larger flaw compared to the Vent Rev of today:

> * Vent rev is a mobile heavy AoE CC castle that baits your Gold level team while you're the Plat T2 player trying to carry. They rotate, he rotates with you.

> * Turret Engi is the AoE damage + tank bruiser that's VERY limited where he places his turrets.... he's not nearly as mobile as Vent Rev.

>

> To say this is a different "era" where we have higher bursts today, is completely irrelevant to these individual class's performances in their own average playerbase games. Perhaps you get players who listens to your rotations and have these CC bursts. Many players such as myself are not as fortunate...

>

> I ran with a bunker rev duo the other night and got on a win streaks. Say what you're saying to the 30 unique players that we beat.

i also have games where ppl dont listen and basically play solo the whole game. so i try to carry and not asking to nerf a class or build. i havent seen ppl really try to counter this build and rotation role. i read ppl say the rev run after them to decap what they are trying to cap. thus it mean if they are not thief or mesmer with portal why the hell they trying to do in 1v1 situation. this is not build to nerf as bunker ranger can do so and run after you preventing you the cap (most common opening rotation for ranger to run far to prevent the cap). than ppl say they hardly see rev in high tiers. so its problem of mid and low tier which player need to learn and adapt. (i think in US ventari is more popular)

also wait for POF and see what the new spec can bring to the table before asking any other builds nerf

> @messiah.1908 said:

> > @Saiyan.1704 said:

> > > @messiah.1908 said:

> > > > @Saiyan.1704 said:

> > > > > @messiah.1908 said:

> > > > > > @Exciton.8942 said:

> > > > > > > @messiah.1908 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > if the build can handle 1v1 it doesnt mean its OP. it means you need +1. ranger versus ele 1v1 they both cant kill each other so lets nerf them?!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ppl defending this build keeps ignoring the fundamental difference from other support builds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In druid vs tempest 1v1, no one will be able to decap or cap nodes. With ventari rev, it is so easy to decap anyone and only a matter of time to cap a node.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > you right. matter of time. so make the right rotation and +1. this build force a team play not a nerf play.

> > > >

> > > > I don't understand your Vent Rev Biasness in all these bunk Rev threads...

> > > >

> > > > You're wrong, players Do Not work as a team in SoloQ.

> > > >

> > > > You're right, Vent Rev are easier to handle in a premade vs premade scenario.

> > > >

> > > > Lastly, Vent Rev IS more difficult to handle compared to old Turret Engi, of which, WAS easy to out rotate (cause his turrets literally cant move..) yet Anet removed them.

> > > >

> > > > These are the facts of Vent Rev. Anyone else has no other argument. If you do, you're running with a good Mes or Thief and are NOT the minority; nor are you at the mercy of Matchmaking...

> > >

> > > i play mostly soloq. before the match starts i ask guard to play with me, thief to decap far. this way with guard we could hold 2v3 while i ress him or heal him and he did all the dmg. i didnt even used EE only when he was down. pvp is team effort. when i was targeted by enemy team the guard put his dmg on me to force them to back off. i dont know this guard but we had fun. dont forget that we get more dmg, more cc ad more condi burst compare to the era of turret engi. so you cant compare those two.

> > > in team fight rev wont abuse EE as he needs nrg to support his allies. if rev does 1v1 his team has no support so the enemy team should win team fights.

> > > you can also see comment of players said they can handle this build, counter it, or out rotate it. and you still refuse.

> >

> > While you have games where players listen to you, i'm over here pinging mini map, sending numerous team chat messages, about how our Necro shouldn't 1v1 a rev on a point that we did not own... he rotated off of mid which we owned to fight him and left mid 2v3. You may have those games but again, MANY players are at the mercy of matchmaking. In the long run, Vent Rev BAITS noobs all too often to the point of map snowball.

> >

> > You're talking about Era vs Era which is completely besides the point - old Turret Engi has a larger flaw compared to the Vent Rev of today:

> > * Vent rev is a mobile heavy AoE CC castle that baits your Gold level team while you're the Plat T2 player trying to carry. They rotate, he rotates with you.

> > * Turret Engi is the AoE damage + tank bruiser that's VERY limited where he places his turrets.... he's not nearly as mobile as Vent Rev.

> >

> > To say this is a different "era" where we have higher bursts today, is completely irrelevant to these individual class's performances in their own average playerbase games. Perhaps you get players who listens to your rotations and have these CC bursts. Many players such as myself are not as fortunate...

> >

> > I ran with a bunker rev duo the other night and got on a win streaks. Say what you're saying to the 30 unique players that we beat.

>

> bunker ranger can do so and run after you preventing you the cap (most common opening rotation for ranger to run far to prevent the cap)

Many classes can stall a 1v1 or 1v2 but not with the same node-denying KB that Revs have. They will stay on the point until needing to kite or rotate. Sometimes not moving at all.

I agree with Olrun, reduce the KB occurrence, force Revs to kite a bit more off point just like every other bunker.

> @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > As a mediocre PvPer and Warrior for life... I don't understand. You get kd' d by ventari rev? Move to another node.

> > >

> > > Let them hold their measly pittance while you can the other 2.

> > >

> > > Kill more of their friends while they are staunch solobunking their precious. I have literally seen ventrevs camp a node and refuse to abandon it while we slaughtered their team on the rest of the map effectively making it a 4v5.

> > >

> > > Also. TIME.

> > > Holy moly when will people realize that conquest is NOT team deathmatch. Nobody cares if you can 1v1.

> > >

> > > Warriors, drop attacking ventari revs at melee on a node they hold.

> > >

> > > Also, I don't know what you are doing wrong but I kill ventari revs 95% of the time. My secret?

> > >

> > > I don't run healing Sig. Figure it out.

> >

> > To moving to another node...

> >

> > You know that they can just follow you, right? I had a ventari rev follow me the whole match, preventing me from doing anything. Unless you're a thief or a mesmer, revenant can keep up with most people.

>

> Gonna stop you right here...

>

> I play warrior. My only speedbuff is from trait. I do not use sword or GS(mobility "kings") Can still outrun everyone but theif. But thief is a 5 second kill for me.

>

> Also what you say is hard to swallow. A ventari revs main trick is aoe kd. Now that you are mobile and running away you take away 70% of their power over you... HOW are hey still getting you? Legit question. Also what class are you?

>

I play DH and scrapper mainly. Even with speedbuffs, all the ventari rev needs to do is switch to legendary dragon stance and they can keep up with you, unless you have superspeed or teleports of some sort. If I blow up my gyros (a risky proposition since I could easily get 2v1'ed), I can move slightly faster than them, but not enough to do more than a simple decap, which can be quickly reversed unless you hold on the point with them (which is a waste of time).

And their only "trick" is not just AoE knockback. They also can do lots of blocks, evades, and blinds, making it even harder to get rid of them.

If a good ventari rev identifies you as the player carrying your team, they can easily deny you the ability to help your team.

> > @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > This is one of the most toxic builds I've ever played against. It's worse than the turret engi meta, because it requires virtually no skill or effort, and you have access to an incredible amount of CC's, blinds, and heals. Even coordinated teams cannot take it down in a reasonable amount of time -- leading to decaps and further place loss. Turret engi was vulnerable to a lot, and 2 people coordinating could take down a skilled turret engi. That's simply not possible with the ventari rev.

> >

> > It also doesn't help that they have as much mobility as DH or Engi metas right now either. I had a ventari rev follow me around the map, preventing me from doing ANYTHING.

>

> Run war. Kill ventrevs in 19 seconds.

>

> Also for the love of fudge PLEASE STOP CALLING ANYTHING THAT ANGERS *YOU* PERSONALLY "TOXIC".

>

> You have made it into a nonsense worthless word.

>

> Ventari rev is not "toxic".

> It is a cheesy build that is easy to use and good for noobs to bait noobs.

>

> YOU are toxic.

I've watched good warriors fight decent ventrevs. Not a whole lot tends to happen.

The build is toxic because it alters the entire meta and gameplay around that single build. That's not healthy. That's toxic. Also, if you need a specific build to counter this generalist build, congratulations, you have identified an OP build!

But thanks for the ad hominem.

The funny thing is that people said the exact same thing during the Turret Engi meta. I said the same thing back then: It's a toxic build that alters gameplay around it. People made the exact same arguments you are making now.

> @sephiroth.4217 said:

> > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > As a side note (pun incoming) its hilarious watching Ventari revs try to do their things on side nodes, with your back against the small fence.

> >

> > Small fence > Ventari rev.

>

> People should read this post as advice. Quite a few nodes offer this simple counter play.

Ony incompetent revs have trouble with that. Anyone with a brain can just move the tablet last second behind the fence or to the enemy's side and knock them off. Using the terrain helped against engi and pretty much any decap build, but not against this one.

> @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > As a mediocre PvPer and Warrior for life... I don't understand. You get kd' d by ventari rev? Move to another node.

> > > >

> > > > Let them hold their measly pittance while you can the other 2.

> > > >

> > > > Kill more of their friends while they are staunch solobunking their precious. I have literally seen ventrevs camp a node and refuse to abandon it while we slaughtered their team on the rest of the map effectively making it a 4v5.

> > > >

> > > > Also. TIME.

> > > > Holy moly when will people realize that conquest is NOT team deathmatch. Nobody cares if you can 1v1.

> > > >

> > > > Warriors, drop attacking ventari revs at melee on a node they hold.

> > > >

> > > > Also, I don't know what you are doing wrong but I kill ventari revs 95% of the time. My secret?

> > > >

> > > > I don't run healing Sig. Figure it out.

> > >

> > > To moving to another node...

> > >

> > > You know that they can just follow you, right? I had a ventari rev follow me the whole match, preventing me from doing anything. Unless you're a thief or a mesmer, revenant can keep up with most people.

> >

> > Gonna stop you right here...

> >

> > I play warrior. My only speedbuff is from trait. I do not use sword or GS(mobility "kings") Can still outrun everyone but theif. But thief is a 5 second kill for me.

> >

> > Also what you say is hard to swallow. A ventari revs main trick is aoe kd. Now that you are mobile and running away you take away 70% of their power over you... HOW are hey still getting you? Legit question. Also what class are you?

> >

>

> I play DH and scrapper mainly. Even with speedbuffs, all the ventari rev needs to do is switch to legendary dragon stance and they can keep up with you, unless you have superspeed or teleports of some sort. If I blow up my gyros (a risky proposition since I could easily get 2v1'ed), I can move slightly faster than them, but not enough to do more than a simple decap, which can be quickly reversed unless you hold on the point with them (which is a waste of time).

>

> And their only "trick" is not just AoE knockback. They also can do lots of blocks, evades, and blinds, making it even harder to get rid of them.

>

> If a good ventari rev identifies you as the player carrying your team, they can easily deny you the ability to help your team.

>

> > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > > This is one of the most toxic builds I've ever played against. It's worse than the turret engi meta, because it requires virtually no skill or effort, and you have access to an incredible amount of CC's, blinds, and heals. Even coordinated teams cannot take it down in a reasonable amount of time -- leading to decaps and further place loss. Turret engi was vulnerable to a lot, and 2 people coordinating could take down a skilled turret engi. That's simply not possible with the ventari rev.

> > >

> > > It also doesn't help that they have as much mobility as DH or Engi metas right now either. I had a ventari rev follow me around the map, preventing me from doing ANYTHING.

> >

> > Run war. Kill ventrevs in 19 seconds.

> >

> > Also for the love of fudge PLEASE STOP CALLING ANYTHING THAT ANGERS *YOU* PERSONALLY "TOXIC".

> >

> > You have made it into a nonsense worthless word.

> >

> > Ventari rev is not "toxic".

> > It is a cheesy build that is easy to use and good for noobs to bait noobs.

> >

> > YOU are toxic.

>

> I've watched good warriors fight decent ventrevs. Not a whole lot tends to happen.

>

> The build is toxic because it alters the entire meta and gameplay around that single build. That's not healthy. That's toxic. Also, if you need a specific build to counter this generalist build, congratulations, you have identified an OP build!

>

> But thanks for the ad hominem.

>

> The funny thing is that people said the exact same thing during the Turret Engi meta. I said the same thing back then: It's a toxic build that alters gameplay around it. People made the exact same arguments you are making now.

Ok well here is my issue with you. Ad hominem aside.

Deal. With. It.

Why are you unwilling to ADAPT?

Why do you want to kill ventrevs or eng or whatever tbe next flavour of the patch is?

Instead of learning to play around it?

And I appreciate you being civil, but seriously why do you care if people abuse cheese builds?

When they nerfed warrior right out of the tournament scene, you know what I did?

Made a non meta build that everyone laughed at and went from bronze2 to gold3.

That to me, is INFINITELY more satisfying than Anet nerfing my enemy so I get an easy win.

Isn't it more toxic to demand anet to kill a build that stomped you than to figure out a way around it on your own?

You are literally throwing a virtual tantrum because PvP is not going YOUR way.

I kill ventari revs like it's NOTHINGGGGGG

If you want to roll war I will tell you how. But as someone who hates multiclassing (play the same 1 char 5 years) I understand if you don't.

Also in case I missed it, what class do you play?

It honestly feels like the people defending it only faced terrible revenants and make their judgments based on that. Every build is bad if the one behind it has like 1 or 2 games of experience. We are lucky that most of the people give up after 1-2 matches instead of investing into the build because if played well this is a level of cancer this game hasn't seen in years.

By no means is this build hard to play, but most people don't even know which buttons to press or how any of the traits work, really.

A build should not be judged based on how people with 10 minute experience and zero research play it in gold..

Spammable AoE knockbacks shouldn't exist especially not on bunker builds.

The build does not lose 1v1 assuming equivalent skill. Anyone on here claiming that, I will duel you on your own class for gold. Talking about how Ventari Rev didn't stop you from climbing out of bronze... come on. Matches in bronze and silver don't know how to use defensive cooldowns. That's why DH was OP at low tier and never used in competitive. You're literally defending a build just because you've never seen it used properly. If you don't run into issues with it, good for you. Don't call names, and for this build you don't even have to argue anecdotally. Is there any other CC in this game with that low of a CD? Headshot is a quarter second daze... compared to an AoE knockback? It's conceptually broken, whether it's overpowered or not. And that's not even getting into the fact that the animation can be completely concealed by moving the tablet. But you can dodge it anyway... because there's no other skill they ever use on the tablet...

Rebirth Rune

(1): +25 Healing Power

(2): +35 Concentration

(3): +50 Healing Power

(4): +65 Concentration

(5): +100 Healing Power

(6): Ignore the next lethal blow and gain a barrier. (Cooldown: 90s)

New PoF rune. Perfect stats for ventari, and depending on how big the barrier is this might be a serious buff.

Member dracula runes? I hope the balance team does and this won't be added to PvP.

> > @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > > > @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > > > > @"Omar Aschi Popp.7496" said:

> > > > > As a mediocre PvPer and Warrior for life... I don't understand. You get kd' d by ventari rev? Move to another node.

> > > > >

> > > > > Let them hold their measly pittance while you can the other 2.

> > > > >

> > > > > Kill more of their friends while they are staunch solobunking their precious. I have literally seen ventrevs camp a node and refuse to abandon it while we slaughtered their team on the rest of the map effectively making it a 4v5.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also. TIME.

> > > > > Holy moly when will people realize that conquest is NOT team deathmatch. Nobody cares if you can 1v1.

> > > > >

> > > > > Warriors, drop attacking ventari revs at melee on a node they hold.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, I don't know what you are doing wrong but I kill ventari revs 95% of the time. My secret?

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't run healing Sig. Figure it out.

> > > >

> > > > To moving to another node...

> > > >

> > > > You know that they can just follow you, right? I had a ventari rev follow me the whole match, preventing me from doing anything. Unless you're a thief or a mesmer, revenant can keep up with most people.

> > >

> > > Gonna stop you right here...

> > >

> > > I play warrior. My only speedbuff is from trait. I do not use sword or GS(mobility "kings") Can still outrun everyone but theif. But thief is a 5 second kill for me.

> > >

> > > Also what you say is hard to swallow. A ventari revs main trick is aoe kd. Now that you are mobile and running away you take away 70% of their power over you... HOW are hey still getting you? Legit question. Also what class are you?

> > >

> >

> > I play DH and scrapper mainly. Even with speedbuffs, all the ventari rev needs to do is switch to legendary dragon stance and they can keep up with you, unless you have superspeed or teleports of some sort. If I blow up my gyros (a risky proposition since I could easily get 2v1'ed), I can move slightly faster than them, but not enough to do more than a simple decap, which can be quickly reversed unless you hold on the point with them (which is a waste of time).

> >

> > And their only "trick" is not just AoE knockback. They also can do lots of blocks, evades, and blinds, making it even harder to get rid of them.

> >

> > If a good ventari rev identifies you as the player carrying your team, they can easily deny you the ability to help your team.

> >

> > > > @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > > > This is one of the most toxic builds I've ever played against. It's worse than the turret engi meta, because it requires virtually no skill or effort, and you have access to an incredible amount of CC's, blinds, and heals. Even coordinated teams cannot take it down in a reasonable amount of time -- leading to decaps and further place loss. Turret engi was vulnerable to a lot, and 2 people coordinating could take down a skilled turret engi. That's simply not possible with the ventari rev.

> > > >

> > > > It also doesn't help that they have as much mobility as DH or Engi metas right now either. I had a ventari rev follow me around the map, preventing me from doing ANYTHING.

> > >

> > > Run war. Kill ventrevs in 19 seconds.

> > >

> > > Also for the love of fudge PLEASE STOP CALLING ANYTHING THAT ANGERS *YOU* PERSONALLY "TOXIC".

> > >

> > > You have made it into a nonsense worthless word.

> > >

> > > Ventari rev is not "toxic".

> > > It is a cheesy build that is easy to use and good for noobs to bait noobs.

> > >

> > > YOU are toxic.

> >

> > I've watched good warriors fight decent ventrevs. Not a whole lot tends to happen.

> >

> > The build is toxic because it alters the entire meta and gameplay around that single build. That's not healthy. That's toxic. Also, if you need a specific build to counter this generalist build, congratulations, you have identified an OP build!

> >

> > But thanks for the ad hominem.

> >

> > The funny thing is that people said the exact same thing during the Turret Engi meta. I said the same thing back then: It's a toxic build that alters gameplay around it. People made the exact same arguments you are making now.

>

> Ok well here is my issue with you. Ad hominem aside.

>

> Deal. With. It.

>

> Why are you unwilling to ADAPT?

> Why do you want to kill ventrevs or eng or whatever tbe next flavour of the patch is?

>

> Instead of learning to play around it?

>

> And I appreciate you being civil, but seriously why do you care if people abuse cheese builds?

>

> When they nerfed warrior right out of the tournament scene, you know what I did?

>

> Made a non meta build that everyone laughed at and went from bronze2 to gold3.

>

> That to me, is INFINITELY more satisfying than Anet nerfing my enemy so I get an easy win.

I'm not asking for an easy win. I understand that bunker is a thing and is a part of PvP. The problem is not that they are a bunker or that I can't kill them 1v1. I've accepted bunkers as a reality -- just look at the scrapper, tempest, or bunker guardians. They're still around, and they can still survive a lot. I adapt to bunkers all the time, it's the game.

The problem is that it usually takes 3+ people to kill a good ventari rev. These 3 teammates need to coordinate. In solo/duo queue, that means that almost any point that they're on is **locked down**, and you're wasting time if you're on that point with them (if you're coordinating 3 teammates to take them down, that means the other team has plenty of time to cap other points). They even have the added bonus of an AoE knockback to push people off the point, furthering their bunker status and that the point is locked down. God help you if they have two ventari revs or bunkers on their team, then you will probably not win.

Every bunker has a weakness - scrapper can be focused down relatively easily, ele must retreat for their cooldowns, and bunker guards do virtually no damage or CC. The only weakness ventari rev has is low damage. But they don't need damage when they can just push people off the point every few seconds.

> Isn't it more toxic to demand anet to kill a build that stomped you than to figure out a way around it on your own?

>

> You are literally throwing a virtual tantrum because PvP is not going YOUR way.

>

> I kill ventari revs like it's NOTHINGGGGGG

> If you want to roll war I will tell you how. But as someone who hates multiclassing (play the same 1 char 5 years) I understand if you don't.

>

> Also in case I missed it, what class do you play?

I don't want them to kill the build. I want them to balance it. It can be as simple as adding internal cooldowns to the knockback or reducing the benefit of their healing/damage mitigation. It's ok to be a bunker -- it's not ok to be a bunker with AoE CC, team support, and an incredible ability to survive in the same spot. They have *too* much going for them. I'm not interested in the entire build being nuked, just a few things brought in line with other builds.

And congrats you kill them like nothing! I haven't had that fortune. On my DH I consistently get the highest damage ratings on my team in PvP (I'm in platinum, hover around tier 2), and every time I have fought a ventari rev 1v1, I have never been able to get them below 60% health, even when I have the highest damage rating that game on my team. And I use every CC the DH has at its disposal. I also play scrapper, and even when revs don't run me around, my damage is bad because of the continual knockdowns and block.

So congrats! But your experience is not my experience.

Hmm...

Ive never been higher than just enough to be plat1, so maybe this is a mid plat-legendary problem, so yes our experiences would be different.

But then MM is so wonky division seperation doesnt even matter.

I dunno man. All I know is that I cant play ventari rev. I die so hard. So there must be some degree of skill involved and it gets exponentially higher the more up the ladder you are.

> @MagicToker.9478 said:

> S/D condi thief and Ventari Revs are healthy for the game. It promotes skillful play and requires you to carefully monitor your cool-downs. One false move on a Ventari Revenant and you are DONE. Condi thief brings a new meaning to the class. With the capability to dwindle your opponent down over time, but remain very vulnerable to incoming burst is a risk reward only the most talented of Guild Wars 2 players dare to take. I've went up against some of the best condi thieves in the game, from Maygi to Asuranos. I can tell you right now, they have the reaction time of lightning, and dodge very gracefully. I've even had the luxury of having the top Ventari rev on my team, Revenant Orisci. Perfectly timing every dodge and knock back to sustain themselves outnumbered, what can I say. The epitome of carrying. Just shows you can't simply pick these builds up, it's something you master, and once you do, you reap all of the fame and glory.

8/10

Brightens up the thread

Thanks

> @OlrunTheBlade.1486 said:

> You literally just cycle your defensive cooldowns. It's like playing Bunker Guard or Auramancer, but without trying to worry about supporting your teammates.

then you should stop playing pvp. ventari rev is before anything else a support build to support your allies... the trade-off being that for the disruption and forced fights you provide you literally have no damage and are completely useless once forced into glint. it's getting annoying, almost every second thread in this forum is qq about some builds that people are either too bad to beat or too stubborn to play around.

guess what, ventari rev and condi s/d thief are healthy builds that might actually, finally, change something in this stale meta.

> @Jekkt.6045 said:

> > @OlrunTheBlade.1486 said:

> > You literally just cycle your defensive cooldowns. It's like playing Bunker Guard or Auramancer, but without trying to worry about supporting your teammates.

>

> then you should stop playing pvp. ventari rev is before anything else a support build to support your allies... the trade-off being that for the disruption and forced fights you provide you literally have no damage and are completely useless once forced into glint. it's getting annoying, almost every second thread in this forum is qq about some builds that people are either too bad to beat or too stubborn to play around.

> guess what, ventari rev and condi s/d thief are healthy builds that might actually, finally, change something in this stale meta.

Condi thief is fine. A little overtuned, but not a major issue. They still have the same overall "2v1" style as other thieves.

Ventari rev, on the other hand, is not a healthy build. Again, they simply have too much for a bunker -- they should get one or other the other. But a spammable AoE CC with no internal cooldown? That's OP no matter which way you try to slice it.

@"Jekkt.6045" Ventari Revenant, when used as a support, is not particularly difficult to deal with. The elite uses up all of their energy, so they can't spam it if they want to actually support their allies. However, that's not how Ventari Revenant is being using. They push far solo and spam their elite until they decap and full cap over whoever is there. That's the issue. The most effective way to use Ventari Revenant is to fight completely separate from your teammates. Please, at least try to understand how something is being used before you try to call people out. It's been explained multiple times in this thread and the comments how the build works.

> @"Jekkt.6045" Ventari Revenant, when used as a support, is not particularly difficult to deal with. The elite uses up all of their energy, so they can't spam it if they want to actually support their allies. However, that's not how Ventari Revenant is being using. They push far solo and spam their elite until they decap and full cap over whoever is there. That's the issue. The most effective way to use Ventari Revenant is to fight completely separate from your teammates. Please, at least try to understand how something is being used before you try to call people out. It's been explained multiple times in this thread and the comments how the build works.

> @"Jekkt.6045" Ventari Revenant, when used as a support, is not particularly difficult to deal with. The elite uses up all of their energy, so they can't spam it if they want to actually support their allies. However, that's not how Ventari Revenant is being using. They push far solo and spam their elite until they decap and full cap over whoever is there. That's the issue. The most effective way to use Ventari Revenant is to fight completely separate from your teammates. Please, at least try to understand how something is being used before you try to call people out. It's been explained multiple times in this thread and the comments how the build works.

i know how ventari rev is played, i play it myself from time to time. but i do not agree that it is best played on the far node if you're solo support. the only time i ever push solo far on ventari rev is when my team has a support tempest.

many players complain about the knockback range and how you can decap a point with it. in my opinion this is actually healthy for pvp even if it feels bad to play against it. the reason why i think that way is because you and your team can force fights and break stalemates. having a build that can actually do something against tanky compositions without having to go full yolo is great.

as for supporting on ventari rev, depending on your teammates you're supposed to support them in different ways. if you have a reaper in your team who is in death shroud, and all the pressure is on him, that's when you don't want to cast your knockback. the knockback cleanse combo costs around 15 energy and with reaper shroud you actually want to be melee range against your enemies. so you let your energy go up and once the necro comes out of shroud you give him 1-2 burst heals to top him off and give him alacrity, and then use the knockback to destroy the focus on the necro. supporting on ventari rev is a lot more complex than on tempest.

as for ventari rev in general: i'm in plat and the only ventari rev i have ever seen in all my matches was myself. maybe it's more of an NA thing?

> @Amityel.5324 said:

> condi thief is okay? maybe for classes with cleanse try to play power rev vs condi thief he can one shot you with one condi pressure.....and still I am not qqing about it because i like there is any build diversity

playing power rev vs condi thief is like playing old engi that only had water turret for cleanse vs condi necro. that's not a 1v1 you should ever take.

I see so many people complaining about how you only need to outrotate the ventari rev, or just CC them so they can't move to get the fragments, etc etc. Here is a little education for those who missed.

1) Many professions don't have constant CC, like ventari rev does. Making this statement already irrelevant. Simply CC'ing the ventari rev doesn't do anything. I am sure each support build has a healthy supply of condi cleance and stun breaks.

2) You can outrotate yes. But don't you think someone who has been in the ESL/Challenger tiers already knows this? Lets look at this scenario. Lets say your team can't deal with their team in a teamfight, no kills coming out, meanwhile the ventari rev is holding his own node. You really think you're going to come out victorious? As stated, you're making no progress against a bunker comp, and the vent rev, as it stands, can't be killed unless the whole team attacks it at the same time, meaning you still get 2 capped.

3) The ventari rev skills create fragments at an almost constant pace. Regardless what you do, poison or CC, they can still create tons more fragments with a click of a button on low cd. Negating any poison you put on them, not counting the fact that again, most support builds carry a healthy supply of cleanse, and stun breaks. Then there is stability, as others have noted before. 50% uptime of stab. Not even a juggernaut ft engi can withstand CC from a ventari rev for long, and they almost have perma stab.

Agreed with Olrun, this build needs some reworks. Even if no ICD on CC, ICD on fragments. Long enough to provide SOME KIND of counterplay.

Archived