What Do You Think is Anet's Least Favourite Class

K THEN.5162

> @"Andi Opaque.4938" said:

> All the people saying Necro is bad in PvE have me laughing. I have 8 0f the 9 classes at level 80, & with a full Elite Spec. The Necro is my least favorite of my characters (Reaper spec), BUT as much as i hate to admit it, it is also the most powerful in solo play. My Reaper seems to survive in situations that would certainly kill one of the others. So many times i have taken another character somewhere for something, and just couldnt solo it, then i get on my Reaper and succeed.

I think the problem is solo PvE is about the only place they excel. They're just kind of "good enough " in WvW, have mixed results averaging as "meh " in PvP and are outright kicked from raids more often than not. But if you want an unstoppable death machine to blow through story instances, necro is the way to go.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Dadnir.5038 said:

> > @Rashagar.8349 said:

> > The most annoying for them in terms of trying to come up with a new mechanic, designing elite specs for etc. I'd say is elementalist?

>

> In terms of designing elite spec? nop definitely engineer. The tool belt is probably one of the worst thing they came up with. Like the ranger, I'm pretty sure they feel forced to work around the mechanisms instead of bending the mechanism itself.

That's really interesting cos it sounds like you see toolbelt skills as exactly as restrictive a mechanism as I see attunement swapping haha!

Let's hope that the people they have working on the next elite specs aren't working on ones they feel are as restrictive as we feel.

> @Squee.7829 said:

> > @"Andi Opaque.4938" said:

> > All the people saying Necro is bad in PvE have me laughing. I have 8 0f the 9 classes at level 80, & with a full Elite Spec. The Necro is my least favorite of my characters (Reaper spec), BUT as much as i hate to admit it, it is also the most powerful in solo play. My Reaper seems to survive in situations that would certainly kill one of the others. So many times i have taken another character somewhere for something, and just couldnt solo it, then i get on my Reaper and succeed.

>

> I think the problem is solo PvE is about the only place they excel. They're just kind of "good enough " in WvW, have mixed results averaging as "meh " in PvP and are outright kicked from raids more often than not. But if you want an unstoppable death machine to blow through story instances, necro is the way to go.

Not true. Scourge is a meta-defining spec for both WvW and PvP at the moment, despite the nerfs. Instanced PvE is the only place where necro doesn't shine. On the other hand the supposed Anet "pet" class elementalist only shines in instanced PvE right now. Trash in PvP if you look at the tournaments, barely holding on in WvW and we all know about how squishy it is in solo PvE. Yeah, necro is always bad in instanced PvE when it comes to pure DPS, but all professions have their issues. The profession that really needs help is revenant though, because it is an unfinished mess of a profession.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > @Zacchary.6183 said:

> > @ All of the Necromancers saying Anet likes them the least

> >

> > Wait until you get exclusively nerfed for 2-3 years straight before you start start feeling sorry for yourself. lol real talk.

>

> lolwat.

>

> Thief is

> 1) currently meta

> 2) been meta for almost 4 years, with season1 being the only exception.

>

> Also thief has been buffed on both previous balance patches.

>

Thief meta is and has always been a +1 bot, which is essentially nothing as every other profession can accomplish that. It makes the team ineffective if stacked by any amount. Thief has gotten nerf after nerf since vanilla launch up until mid 2014 when they started showing signs of listening. The thief community is to this day the only one who deleted their mains en mass months before in august of 2013 because of the constant nerfs and the blatant PR lies we were told. Daredevil was what thief was supposed to be instead of an upgrade like every other elite spec was. Deadeye lets thief support, but mostly as a might bot.

Also this beauty:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/thief/Dec-10th-thief-changes/first

It's kind of depressing rereading it tbh, especially after page 5. Can ya top all that, buddy?

> @Rashagar.8349 said:

> > @Dadnir.5038 said:

> > > @Rashagar.8349 said:

> > > The most annoying for them in terms of trying to come up with a new mechanic, designing elite specs for etc. I'd say is elementalist?

> >

> > In terms of designing elite spec? nop definitely engineer. The tool belt is probably one of the worst thing they came up with. Like the ranger, I'm pretty sure they feel forced to work around the mechanisms instead of bending the mechanism itself.

>

> That's really interesting cos it sounds like you see toolbelt skills as exactly as restrictive a mechanism as I see attunement swapping haha!

>

> Let's hope that the people they have working on the next elite specs aren't working on ones they feel are as restrictive as we feel.

Well... For the scrapper it seem I was right at least. ;)

A mini drone that is as usefull as if there was nothing was all they could come up with. Pretty pathetic.

Looks like Anet was kind enough to prove me right with this "balance" update. Nothing like gutting one of revs only defensive core weapons and introduce a bunch of poorly thought out and placed traits (let's have a token energy management skill have to compete with Roiling Mists, brilliant). Nothing says Anet balance like taking a look at the only worhtwhile GM Renegade trait, and then instead of buffing the others to make them viable, just nerf Lasting Legacy. Oh, and a nerf to the only core condi weapon set as well, just for shits and giggles.

for me is engineer, well I'm new player, I tried ele and engi and now I have necro alt, I can tell that my low hp ele can survive one attacked camp in maguma alone, yet my engi with every tools kits he got can barely make it even with 2 other people arround. So weak in defense. Until today I never bring my engi to pvp or wvw or even fractals. engi got like 3 sec shrink to mini form and thats all. you die. My ele? now thats a monster. I can spam reduction damage like almost 100% all the time, no to mention he can go invisible with a couple skills too.. bring up toughness while on earth, healing over time with water, create aura that reduce damage up to 40% on tempest etc. I hope they could change it, cuz I hate using toolkit ( have 1 block skill but meh). Even my lvl 28 necro can survive tough battle... I love my engi and I hope anet could love them more too

> @Quadtwo.9347 said:

> for me is engineer, well I'm new player, I tried ele and engi and now I have necro alt, I can tell that my low hp ele can survive one attacked camp in maguma alone, yet my engi with every tools kits he got can barely make it even with 2 other people arround. So weak in defense. Until today I never bring my engi to pvp or wvw or even fractals. engi got like 3 sec shrink to mini form and thats all. you die. My ele? now thats a monster. I can spam reduction damage like almost 100% all the time, no to mention he can go invisible with a couple skills too.. bring up toughness while on earth, healing over time with water, create aura that reduce damage up to 40% on tempest etc. I hope they could change it, cuz I hate using toolkit ( have 1 block skill but meh). Even my lvl 28 necro can survive tough battle... I love my engi and I hope anet could love them more too

Much as I acknowledge that engineer has a lot of problems, I don't think 'lack of survivability' is one of them - if built for it.

That's a key distinction, though. One of the primary distinctions between elementalist and engineer is customisability. An elementalist will pretty much always have at least _some_ defensive abilities built-in, from weapon skills if nothing else. Engineers, and scrappers in particular, can go heavily into active defences and damage avoidance skills if built for it (hammer, shield, Elixir S, thrown Elixir U, tool kit, elixir gun, bulwark gyro, rocket boots, etc) but it's also possible to make an engineer where the only defensive skill they have is their healing skill.

> @Arcaedus.7290 said:

> > @Svarty.8019 said:

> > Note how the icons of the people who voted are mostly next to their own class.

>

> Classic negativity bias! Exactly why people will tell you "ugh, I ALWAYS end up in the longest possible line when checking out at the grocery store."

Indeed. It is still kind of weird though that you would consider your “main” as being the devs least favorite. If you do not think the class is viable, why do you play it?

My main is guardian and I think it is one of the best developed classes.

From primarily a PvE, raids and a bit of WvW perspective:

Couldn't really choose between Necromancer, Revenant and Engineer. Necro is finally catching wind since PoF, which I think is well deserved after a long time. From my knowledge, Revenant has a niche role in raids, I would like to see more viabilty there, same goes for Engineer. But maybe I've only played in guilds/groups clinging to hard on certain meta-builds and there are more viable options with these professions that have about the same level of utility/dps I don't know about.

I would definitely chosen Ranger pre HoT, man those first few years were harsh on Rangers, but not anymore luckily. The change to Glyph of Empowerment is good. I hope to see more versatility in raids.

I've never ever seen Warrior in a bad spot, same goes for Guardian I think. I wonder how Warriors or Guardians would feel if they would have last place and would be in dire need of some buffs. In my oppinion they've never been there. I think during all of Guild Wars 2, all other professions have for some time, for a few months or longer. I think you can't prevent the fact that 1 or maybe a few professions will have last place, even by a tiny margin. So if I would have to chose, let that be Warrior for once.

I think necromancer makes arena net sad more than anything. They had an idea for the class to be Attrition. Which is directly contradictory to the way their primary mechanic works. Now they have this trash mechanic designed for Attrition but it has a burn out effect that makes attrition the best way to fight it and necromancer gets weaker as a fight goes longer. They were never able to fix it and I can imagine anet just going to sit down, looking at the necromancer, instantly standing up, knocking over their chair and crying in the fetal position.

Necromancer's design was the biggest short sight arena net has ever made with the professions.

Clearly and undoubtely revenant. The class was rushed for Heart of Thorns release and, after 2 years, revenant still a trash profession. Staying in a beta state and having no identity. The people who responded necromancer should play revenant for see the pitifull state of the profession. And, the worse, is the fact that Arenanet don't seems to want to rework the class or finish it. Until then Revenant will still in the limbo of the game. Comparing to revenant necromancer really don't have a reason to complain!

> @gannondorf.7628 said:

> Clearly and undoubtely revenant. The class was rushed for Heart of Thorns release and, after 2 years, revenant still a trash profession. Staying in a beta state and having no identity. The people who responded necromancer should play revenant for see the pitifull state of the profession. And, the worse, is the fact that Arenanet don't seems to want to rework the class or finish it. Until then Revenant will still in the limbo of the game. Comparing to revenant necromancer really don't have a reason to complain!

I'm not saying Revenant doesn't have problems. But it is the new child. They are still very shiny to them and desired by the devs. With that it mind it isn't the middle step child. Necromancer absolutely is. A janky profession that caused lots of balancing problems in the first game that made the devs scream in frustration and being ported over to GW2 they completely change its theme so that its unrecognizable from its original incarnation only for the very few reminantes of its GW1 designed to further cause massive balance problems. Revenant on the other hand is such a cookie cutter safe profession. If anything the devs likely look at it with a breath of fresh air since they absolutely don't have the balancing nightmare they have with something like necromancer.

Revenant functions how arena net intended it to. Its roles shine through in the meta. It isn't always the best, but this isn't an argument of how good something is, its how the devs likely feel. Revenant in spite of its short comings functions very well. Necromancer on the other hand is a absolute mess. Nothing about its design was ever meant to function together and Anet has tried to force it but has since given up on it. Necromancer's intention was a failed experiment. In no stretch of the imagination has necromancer ever translated well in GW2's system. And I doubt it'd translate well in any system because you don't link a decaying, temporary mechanic to attrition. You need a build up mechanic, not a decaying one.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > @Zacchary.6183 said:

> > @ All of the Necromancers saying Anet likes them the least

> >

> > Wait until you get exclusively nerfed for 2-3 years straight before you start start feeling sorry for yourself. lol real talk.

>

> lolwat.

>

> Thief is

> 1) currently meta

> 2) been meta for almost 4 years, with season1 being the only exception.

>

> Also thief has been buffed on both previous balance patches.

>

Yea lol, this guy is just bad at thief , idk what else to say here. Thief is arguably one of the most consistent professions in pvp out of them all. The "real talk" is you're just bad at thief and you should look at dueling top thieves who are successful in PvP and get better mechanically and with conquest in general.

> @ZhouX.8742 said:

> This is basically just a thread for the mains of their class to complain when in reality they're usually just bad.

>

> No actual value in this at all for Anet , but they can't balance anyway so it's irrelevant.

Not for me. I almost only play Ranger, since GW 1 actually. Pre-HoT I’d definitely would’ve said ranger. It’s in a good spot now compared to other professions. Of course there’s room for improvements but compared to let’s say Revenant, Rangers should easily take a step down. Revenants deserve it more imo.