Scarecrow Node (halloween version of christmas tree)

Ayakaru.6583

[&CTYnAAA=] Scarecrow

Consume item to spawn a Scarecrow in your home instance.

Scarecrow: Can be harvested once a day by the instance owner and visitors for 1 Trick-or-Treat bag.

with a fairly small chance at it being a Large Candy Bag. (I'm thinking 5%, similar to the quartz node)

Acquisition: 8 Candy Corn Cobs (8 sounds fair to me, but anet might up if they feel like it)

I think for fairness sake it should yield some kind of "lesser" bag that mostly has Halloween food and materials, but does not drop valuable exotic weapons with unique skins like a real ToT bag.

Also, rather than a cost of corn cobs, I would gate it behind a difficult, time-consuming achievement, making it more prestigious.

> @"Nox Lucis.8341" said:

> I think for fairness sake it should yield some kind of "lesser" bag that mostly has Halloween food and materials, but does not drop valuable exotic weapons with unique skins like a real ToT bag.

> Also, rather than a cost of corn cobs, I would gate it behind a difficult, time-consuming achievement, making it more prestigious.

well, personalized tot bags have all the same drops, but at reduced rates. But I would get less support if you can't sell the bag, just like you can sell the christmas gifts. And I don't think the drops of anything but candy is quite low enough

I like the idea. The more nodes I can get for my homeinstance the better. So 100% love this idea. Think it should be a reward for achievement quest though... similar to the wintersday tree. That would also be better for the sake of having something new to do, since current halloween achievements will the same for all upcoming halloweens, the progress I made this year will stay... which is fine, its quite nice for people with less time to play. But it would be nice to then add a little to it every few years :)

that's a good idea

how does this sound

>defeat Mad King Thorn without dying (yourself)

>complete the mad memories backpack

>buy 3 items for a corn cob each

>kill every boss in the labby with a special candy buff (crafting)

>find the 25 lost villagers (this would be a new thing)

I can probably think of a few more things if I have the time

> @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> that's a good idea

> how does this sound

>

> >defeat Mad King Thorn without dying (yourself)

> >complete the mad memories backpack

> >buy 3 items for a corn cob each

> >kill every boss in the labby with a special candy buff (crafting)

> >find the 25 lost villagers (this would be a new thing)

>

> I can probably think of a few more things if I have the time

Not bad, it could work. I'd rather see a questline/achievements where all the steps were new and unique to just getting the scarecrow :)

The snowman idea is cool too :)

But yeah I would generally love more nodes for my homeinstance :D

> @"Nox Lucis.8341" said:

> I think for fairness sake it should yield some kind of "lesser" bag that mostly has Halloween food and materials, but does not drop valuable exotic weapons with unique skins like a real ToT bag.

> Also, rather than a cost of corn cobs, I would gate it behind a difficult, time-consuming achievement, making it more prestigious.

How is that fair?

* The Wintersday tree drops the same bag you get during Wintersday, along with the same common, uncommon, rare, and super rare drops.

* The chance of "valuable exotic weapons" is so slim that it's not going to matter that some people get 365 more bags per year.

Is there a Lunar New Year node? That would be cool. I'm not sure what form it would take. I assume the reward would be envelopes, with a chance at the nicer envelopes. But what would you get them out of? An envelope tree? Maybe you could bust a Chinese dragon pinata and envelopes fall out! Ooh, that would be nice! Maybe it could start out as a bronze colored pinata dragon, then you upgrade to silver, then to gold, etc.