People are using Tag to Block Siren's Landing Shrine

A troll is doing it today, pls fix it and let us be able to add additional comments in the report section.> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> I don't understand, how is a tag blocking the shrine?

They put on the commander tag and stand on the shrine, since the shrine icon is quite small on the map it could be completely covered by the tag, you can't click on it to teleport anymore.

First, don't feed the trolls. Whisper once, in case it's just someone who tagged up and didn't realize the issue, but otherwise ignore them. Trolls eventually go away if they think no one cares. On the whole, this isn't that big a deal for anyone with mounts, so it only affects a fraction of those in Siren's Landing.

That said, it would be great if ANet could make sure that tags don't block waypoints, either by changing the priority of the icons or making the shrine icons bigger (WP icons are already too big imo).

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> First, don't feed the trolls. Whisper once, in case it's just someone who tagged up and didn't realize the issue, but otherwise ignore them. Trolls eventually go away if they think no one cares. On the whole, this isn't that big a deal for anyone with mounts, so it only affects a fraction of those in Siren's Landing.

>

> That said, it would be great if ANet could make sure that tags don't block waypoints, either by changing the priority of the icons or making the shrine icons bigger (WP icons are already too big imo).

This is, if you go from Grenth' shrine it takes much longer and the shrine event is very short.

> @starlinvf.1358 said:

> > @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

> > I hope Anet could make some response here, this is really annoying.

>

> For the amount of time you've spent on this thread, you could had teleported to Balths and just glide down. :P

The issue is the constant trolling without punishment and a whole map of players got troubled by that.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

>

> Changing maps or running to the shrine would took you less time than making this thread. There is no reason for ArenaNet to waste their time to investigate this non-issue.

I guess you never played that map right?

The shrine events are very short and they could be triggered all together, to get full reward you got to do all 4 of them. If you can't teleport there you could easily miss one or two of them. I can't believe people are defending obvious troll+trying to block people from doing certain things.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

>

> Changing maps or running to the shrine would took you less time than making this thread. There is no reason for ArenaNet to waste their time to investigate this non-issue.

How do you change maps?

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

> > > I hope Anet could make some response here, this is really annoying.

> >

> > Changing maps or running to the shrine would took you less time than making this thread. There is no reason for ArenaNet to waste their time to investigate this non-issue.

>

> How do you change maps?

They’re assuming there’s an active LFG listing which you can use to hopefully hop to a different instance.

> @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

> > > > I hope Anet could make some response here, this is really annoying.

> > >

> > > Changing maps or running to the shrine would took you less time than making this thread. There is no reason for ArenaNet to waste their time to investigate this non-issue.

> >

> > How do you change maps?

>

> They’re assuming there’s an active LFG listing which you can use to hopefully hop to a different instance.

That's what I thought... but they should realize that this is about Siren's Landing.

Hopefully this will be a one off case and we don't see this become a trend, but personally I don't feel that commander tags should be able to block any map icons to begin with. PoIs, waypoints, everything should overlay on top of the tag, not the other way around. If this causes visibility of the commander tags to become an issue then they could have their size increased whatever amount is necessary, just so long as players aren't being inconvenienced by the wrong player standing in the wrong place at the wrong time.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> First, don't feed the trolls. Whisper once, in case it's just someone who tagged up and didn't realize the issue, but otherwise ignore them. Trolls eventually go away if they think no one cares. On the whole, this isn't that big a deal for anyone with mounts, so it only affects a fraction of those in Siren's Landing.

>

> That said, it would be great if ANet could make sure that tags don't block waypoints, either by changing the priority of the icons or making the shrine icons bigger (WP icons are already too big imo).

Probably an oversight on their part. I think waypoints take priority over commander tags. I seem to recall trying to find a commander tag on a map more than once, only to realize they were standing on a waypoint, so I didn't see them.

> @LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:

> > @notebene.3190 said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > First, don't feed the trolls. Whisper once, in case it's just someone who tagged up and didn't realize the issue, but otherwise ignore them. Trolls eventually go away if they think no one cares. On the whole, this isn't that big a deal for anyone with mounts, so it only affects a fraction of those in Siren's Landing.

> > >

> > > That said, it would be great if ANet could make sure that tags don't block waypoints, either by changing the priority of the icons or making the shrine icons bigger (WP icons are already too big imo).

> >

> > Probably an oversight on their part. _I think waypoints take priority over commander tags_. I seem to recall trying to find a commander tag on a map more than once, only to realize they were standing on a waypoint, so I didn't see them.

>

> In my experience they don't. And I agree that it's probably just an oversight.

>

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > > > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > > > > > @Slowpokeking.8720 said:

> > > > > > I hope Anet could make some response here, this is really annoying.

> > > > >

> > > > > Changing maps or running to the shrine would took you less time than making this thread. There is no reason for ArenaNet to waste their time to investigate this non-issue.

> > > >

> > > > How do you change maps?

> > >

> > > They’re assuming there’s an active LFG listing which you can use to hopefully hop to a different instance.

> >

> > Even if LFG is empty guesting different servers on character select screen can often result in putting you into different map. This whole thread is a non-issue. The author created the problem for himself. Commander wasn't probably aware that he's interrupting your game until you messaged him. Somehow, I don't believe that message was polite. If you just played instead of whining, this would have never happened. There is nothing to fix.

>

> The player shouldn't need to take any action because this shouldn't be a problem to begin with. There's no good reason that we as players shouldn't be able to see all icons on the map at any given time, commander tags included. It isn't game breaking or even a pressing issue, but it is an issue nonetheless.

This is the first time I've ever heard about this issue so most likely it's not worth looking into this. If LW team finds the time they maybe consider putting shrine icons over comm tags. Maybe.