EU UGO 5th Nov - Not a single elementalist

Arheundel.6451

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/187871397

Not even a tempest anymore...I can't really speak openly as the thread would be clamped down pretty quickly..so dunno really..all I can say **I am sorry..to all GW1 vets who used to enjoy playing ele**, I feel sorry for myself and I feel sorry for you...never again we will see that level of fun.

I am not attempting anything with this thread, not expecting huge changes or some dev response...it's just demoralising and hugely disappointing ..

> @Darek.1836 said:

> I hope you know elenentalist has been required in every single meta for the past 43 months. That's not even an exaggeration. It is by far the most anet loved class until PoF.

yeah!li love this,always a guy coming to say "2 years ago "insert classes" was over powered so don t complain now if it's a piece of shit"

> @Flarre.4850 said:

> > @Darek.1836 said:

> > I hope you know elenentalist has been required in every single meta for the past 43 months. That's not even an exaggeration. It is by far the most anet loved class until PoF.

>

> yeah!li love this,always a guy coming to say "2 years ago "insert classes" was over powered so don t complain now if it's a piece of kitten"

I think he meant to put Mesmer instead

> @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > @Flarre.4850 said:

> > > @Darek.1836 said:

> > > I hope you know elenentalist has been required in every single meta for the past 43 months. That's not even an exaggeration. It is by far the most anet loved class until PoF.

> >

> > yeah!li love this,always a guy coming to say "2 years ago "insert classes" was over powered so don t complain now if it's a piece of kitten"

>

> I think he meant to put Mesmer instead

Mesmer was shit til HoT. Ele has been busted since April 2014

> @Darek.1836 said:

> > @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > > @Flarre.4850 said:

> > > > @Darek.1836 said:

> > > > I hope you know elenentalist has been required in every single meta for the past 43 months. That's not even an exaggeration. It is by far the most anet loved class until PoF.

> > >

> > > yeah!li love this,always a guy coming to say "2 years ago "insert classes" was over powered so don t complain now if it's a piece of kitten"

> >

> > I think he meant to put Mesmer instead

>

> Mesmer was kitten til HoT. Ele has been busted since April 2014

It still doesnt mean that because 1 class was strong for a long time that it should be useless for however long, I dont think Weaver needs too many buffs as the nerfs that will come for Scourge and Spellbreaker will help, but anet being anet will overbuff x classes and overnerf x classes, but if we go too a point where because 1 class was op before it should be bad later on, then all classes will be bad because they've all been op

> @Flarre.4850 said:

> > @Darek.1836 said:

> > I hope you know elenentalist has been required in every single meta for the past 43 months. That's not even an exaggeration. It is by far the most anet loved class until PoF.

>

> yeah!li love this,always a guy coming to say "2 years ago "insert classes" was over powered so don t complain now if it's a piece of kitten"

2 years ago? how about less than 2 months ago?

It's not an exaggeration. Ele has been meta before and during HoT. From cele d/d to tempest. That doesn’t mean that anet doesn't need to look into class balance at the top, but I'd prefer it if ele mains would spare us the histrionics.

> @Kuya.6495 said:

> > @Flarre.4850 said:

> > > @Darek.1836 said:

> > > I hope you know elenentalist has been required in every single meta for the past 43 months. That's not even an exaggeration. It is by far the most anet loved class until PoF.

> >

> > yeah!li love this,always a guy coming to say "2 years ago "insert classes" was over powered so don t complain now if it's a piece of kitten"

>

> 2 years ago? how about less than 2 months ago?

>

> It's not an exaggeration. Ele has been meta before and during HoT. From cele d/d to tempest. That doesn’t mean that anet doesn't need to look into class balance at the top, but I'd prefer it if ele mains would spare us the histrionics.

this is what I meant

> @Kuya.6495 said:

> > @Flarre.4850 said:

> > > @Darek.1836 said:

> >

>

> 2 years ago? how about less than 2 months ago?

>

> It's not an exaggeration. Ele has been meta before and during HoT. From cele d/d to tempest. That doesn’t mean that anet doesn't need to look into class balance at the top, but I'd prefer it if ele mains would spare us the histrionics.

What with this argument?...I don't see the implications

If we want talk seriously putting all cards on table :

1. Guardian has been meta in all game modes since launch ( core guardian -med guardian - dragohunter - symbolic DH - condi guard - frontlinee guard - merciful guardian - firebrand - burn firebrand )

2. Current guardian builds have way more sustain and dmg than old cele ele

I believe nobody here asking for a oneshot build immortal sustain build therefore I see no reasoning for being antagonist : **everybody here paid money, invested time and efforts and everybody deserve to have fun regardless of what meta or not**

No ele cares whether top teams use an ele or not, we simply want working builds in every day pvp/wvw : **you can keep the support spot in tournaments that really no ele ever asked for**

I don't care about meta or no meta, I simply want to play an ele without being perpetually being considered the easiest target : I am sick tired of watching top stream and hear players say :" target the ele, target the ele" from the beginning . Ofc : no blocks , no stealth , no huge CC, no auto-immunity traits...can only run and heal for so long, reason why ele can't be played anymore in serious pvp

What about all classes being balanced and have at least a minor-major place in the meta.

I only playEle .

Tempest has been a kitten healbot for years(so cool...) so now i have to wait 2019 to be competitive with weaver?

What are you playing?

Darek you are a guardian?The meta class since release lol

Assuming that Darek is a guardian main because of avatar there?

There is a certain irony in comparing guardian to ele because as strong as dragonhunters were in soloqueue, they were almost unheard of in ESL, after HoT anyway. They're actually one of the prime examples of how not being in full-team tournaments does not mean 'weak'. It just means that, when you're looking to achieve maximum synergy in a full team, it's not currently optimal.

In fact, the ESL teambuilds tended to continue to use builds that were becoming scarce in general PvP because the nerfs that were applied to them (because they were dominant in ESL) rendered them increasingly suboptimal outside of organised team environments that did not have that support - this is essentially what happened to revenants and reapers.

So eles not being in the full-team competitive tournaments right now does not mean that they're weak in general. It just means they don't synergise as well with the other professions that are used.

Incidentally, targeting the ele is as much due to the impact they can have. Like necros, they're targeted in part because they're relatively easy to bring down compared to bruisers, but also in part because of the impact they can have if left alone.

> @Flarre.4850 said:

> What about all classes being balanced and have at least a minor-major place in the meta.

> I only playEle .

> Tempest has been a kitten healbot for years(so cool...) so now i have to wait 2019 to be competitive with weaver?

> What are you playing?

> Darek you are a guardian?The meta class since release lol

lol with anets consistency they'll buff the shit out of ele and nerf guardian 25x in a row even when it's not strong. have fun for the 3 month period you're not god tier, it won't last long.

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

> 1. Guardian has been meta in all game modes since launch ( core guardian -med guardian - dragohunter - symbolic DH - condi guard - frontlinee guard - merciful guardian - firebrand - burn firebrand )

Guardian/DH didn't have a place at any important PvP tournament in the whole HoT era. Forums moaned about how broken was the Meditrapper, but that was in the radom matches; once proper teams were comformed for more serious business Guard/DH was ditched.

And by the way, the UGO tournament wasn't indicative of any meta: a team with a hammer Rev reached the finals. Do you think that Hammer Rev is more meta than Tempest/Weaver?

> @flog.3485 said:

> The big problem with tempest support is pretty much the fact that support firebrand is overperforming. Other than that, the sword is a bit lackluster. There is no need to have huge buffs to eles.

this

and op always wanted to buff weaver dmg for no reason since its dmg is ok or even good with sage amulet . the problem with weaver is that sword attack is way too slow , few skills feel clunky to use .they have hard time to chase enemies with sword melee attack .

to op @Arheundel.6451

and yes , there was nearly a year ele wasn't meta .but rather than that , ele was often in meta comp .

ofc , that shouldn't be an excuse for current balance . but over reacting for 2 month off meta , crying "never again we will see that level of fun" , even brought up gw1 ele or whatever .you even brought up nonsense like guard was/is always meta , it's funny as ele you brought this up , coz beside other problem of DH , it got hard countered by one single meta build , guess what's that ? healing tempest .

your "that level of fun " was cele ele dominated meta before hot which directly resulted a ban to class stack, so much fun for other class . or tempest while being boring healbot was still locked in meta for nearly 2 years since hot . many players had to get a tempest ready to swap in case their team didn't get one . guess that level of fun is something most of us didn't really enjoy ?

when you said something like "verybody here paid money, invested time and efforts and everybody deserve to have fun regardless of what meta or not"

history told us that when ele wasn't meta , it was more fun for everybody else . and we haven't talked about pve or wvw yet since in the past skill split wasn't a thing .

are u aiming to be ele version of Ithilwen. lol

don't tell us you played 4 elements ele in gw1 , we all know energy store didn't exist right ?

> @musu.9205 said:

> > @flog.3485 said:

> > The big problem with tempest support is pretty much the fact that support firebrand is overperforming. Other than that, the sword is a bit lackluster. There is no need to have huge buffs to eles.

>

> this

> and op always wanted to buff weaver dmg for no reason since its dmg is ok or even good with sage amulet . the problem with weaver is that sword attack is way too slow , few skills feel clunky to use .they have hard time to chase enemies with sword melee attack .

>

> to op @Arheundel.6451

> and yes , there was nearly a year ele wasn't meta .but rather than that , ele was often in meta comp .

> ofc , that shouldn't be an excuse for current balance . but over reacting for 2 month off meta , crying "never again we will see that level of fun" , even brought up gw1 ele or whatever .you even brought up nonsense like guard was/is always meta , it's funny as ele you brought this up , coz beside other problem of DH , it got hard countered by one single meta build , guess what's that ? healing tempest .

> your "that level of fun " was cele ele dominated meta before hot which directly resulted a ban to class stack, so much fun for other class . or tempest while being boring healbot was still locked in meta for nearly 2 years since hot . many players had to get a tempest ready to swap in case their team didn't get one . guess that level of fun is something most of us didn't really enjoy ?

> when you said something like "verybody here paid money, invested time and efforts and everybody deserve to have fun regardless of what meta or not"

> history told us that when ele wasn't meta , it was more fun for everybody else . and we haven't talked about pve or wvw yet since in the past skill split wasn't a thing .

> are u aiming to be ele version of Ithilwen. lol

> don't tell us you played 4 elements ele in gw1 , we all know energy store didn't exist right ?

1.That "level of fun" was regarding the GW1 ele

2. Nobody cares about healbot role, nobody asked for it ( and majority of players stopped using an ele) but that's all was left after all the nerfs...**people couldn't care less about meta, people want working builds and sage weaver is not**, I main a guardian too and it didn't take half the effort of learning ele, I can jump on DH and it works perfectly respect to ele atm

3. Each class should be competitive whether you like it or not , whether you lose or win ..it's hardly the problem, as long as there is the potential to win/lose against each class....**the game can be considered balanced..deal with it**

4. Guardian has been meta since launch in a form or in another in all game formats : the truth

As mentioned in my OP, I wasn't expecting anything from this thread ...and for good reasons, this discussion is as good as over

Everything is out of meta to be honest... except spellbreakers, scourge and possibly firebrand.

Rest is just present in tournament because of no stacking rule.

Good to see that now elementalists start to see the issue not being meta and being totally replaced in the last role they had.(what guardians faced for a long time..I mean a very very very long time...pre hot)